TMI but I think I have piles!!

Divalicious

Silver Member
I think I have piles. Not sure whether this is coz of constipation or not as I take senokot sometimes dulcolax. Been taking iron tablets for my anaemia so that and the diet has caused serious constipation My backside is so sore am finding it so painful when I try to go or just sitting. I have a lump on my anus that won't push back (eek TMI). Anyone experienced this on the diet? Never suffered from it so not sure what to think. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You should go and see your GP as dance_magic says. If you knew for sure it was piles and had experienced it before i'd say go and buy some cream from Boots, they sell it in the drugs aisle/over the counter, but since it's a new thing for you you should get it checked out first to confirm that's what it is. Highly likely with this diet to be honest.

Hi Diva, As a sufferer of piles I think you would be wise to go to the docs as he can give you some stronger cream than that bought over the counter which will take the soreness and the swelling out of them.
I always make a point of washing my anus after passing excrement with some little cotton pads which can then be thrown in the loo and then applying the cream.
Don't leave it too long before you seek dr help as they can only get worse and give you even more agony, believe me I have been down that road!.... :D
Also, DOO try to find something that will keep you going regularly as constipation is the major factor in this problem... (plenty of fruit + a gentle laxative such as Milpar may help you)

Hope you soon get some relief.

Thanks guys! It's such an embarrassing place oh dear... May just do as it's so uncomfortable just sitting x

It's sure to be a bit embarrassing but your GP should be able to give you the best creams and maybe something to help with the constipation too. Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Av just called to get an appointment and nothing this evening but to call tomorrow morning. So much for my restart today! Will just have to low carb and high protein it this evening *grrr*

I had this when I was on lipotrim. I ended up with internal piles, ouch! I've been prescribed Movicol and I take it twice a day now. Might be worth asking your Dr about it, it's really good stuff. I now have no toilet troubles :)
Hope you get an appointment tomorrow, there's nothing worse than having to suffer xx

I had this when I was on lipotrim. I ended up with internal piles, ouch! I've been prescribed Movicol and I take it twice a day now. Might be worth asking your Dr about it, it's really good stuff. I now have no toilet troubles :)
Hope you get an appointment tomorrow, there's nothing worse than having to suffer xx

Oh Clair must have been awful.... I am glad you are ok now. Am off to Boots now till I get something from the Dr. x

Dont you just love that theres nothing we cant chat about on here lol xx

I know hey.... Must admit it did take a lot of courage :D

Ask to speak to the Pharmacist as they're trained to give advice on medications and what not too.

Hope you get it sorted xxx

Back