Tmi but toilet question

kaceyboo

Silver Member
Im on day 5 and i havent been number 2 since last Wednesday. What can i take? I dont even feel the need to go lol. Is this normal lol. :confused:

If you don't feel the need, then you don't need to go! Hardly anything in = hardly anything out.

If you feel the need and are finding it painful, then I find Dulcolax works (although it also gives me horrid tummy cramps)

Ah i see so i dont need to panic. I thought that with no eating there would be nothing up there lol. So confusing pmsl Thanks xx

I was about to ask that question but for the opposite reason, diarohea!! I am assuming that my system is being cleaned out. I wonder has anyone else felt like this through vlcd, I do have IBS as well and I am trying to finding the shakes thats not triggering it off at the moment so far strawberry shake has been sending me potty.....lol ;)

I have been on CD 5 1/2 weeks....And was going about twice a week, In the past 2 weeks I have been eating fruits with CD and im now going about twice a day :) Obviously im not advicing you too eat fruits lol but just wanted to share :)

I'm normally a 'twice a day' girl lol but on ss it's every couple of days or so and hardly any. I take fibresure(powdered individual servings) in each shake otherwise I get constipated, when I have to resort to senokot.
Hope that helps :)

Basically, here it is as I know it...

You're 'eating' practically nothing. It's mainly liquid. And so there's very little waste. So you won't need to 'go' as much as usual. Maybe even very little. If you think about it, you have to wee a lot more!

If you're not going regularly, that doesn't mean you're necessary constipated. It may just mean that you don't need to go! Constipation will be when it's one or more of the following...

- You feel like you need to go but can't
- You have to strain
- It comes out like rabbit droppings
- After you've been, you still don't feel like you're... empty

You need to be really careful about taking laxatives too often. So to make sure you don't, just make sure you only use them when you really need to!

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
If you don't feel the need, then you don't need to go! Hardly anything in = hardly anything out.

If you feel the need and are finding it painful, then I find Dulcolax works (although it also gives me horrid tummy cramps)

I totally agree, less food less waste - and Dulcolox is great, but my God the cramps wake you if you have it last thing at night

x

Another vote for Fibresure or fibre 89. They are different things (one psyllium husk, the other ...not) so I alternate, seems to stop system getting bored or used to one thing. Just one tsp of F89 in morning shake, or if not, 2 Fibresure capsules with morning shake.

If it hurts and you neeeeeeeed to go, then sort that out first before adding the fibre additives to your shakes, as that will only compound the problem.

I swear by psyllium husks or fibre 89! good luck

Back