TMI don't read if easily offended

scooterchick

She's me in a few months
OMG I've just been to the toilet, it was awful and so sore I actually bled. Is there anything I can take to make movements less painful? My backside is still killing me!

And double OMG I think I just found the starts of a varicose vein on my leg :eek:

Hope you dont mind me gatecrashing just saw this post, when I did cd this was my problem and my Bp used to drop so badly I almost used to faint while going to the toilet, the reason I had to give up.

I tried the cd fibre stuff it didnt work, it may be worth speaking to the pharmacist and asking for something a bit stronger if the powder doesnt work for you.

Good luck and you have my full sympathies x

try fibre, either CD or a lowcarb on (fibresure- i bought it yes o.1g carb her teaspoon) drink plenty of water as well

Sorry to hear that hun, have you tired green tea. The first time round i had the same problesm as you but since drinking green tea, number twos are no longer a problem.

I would however suggest some fibre till you get comfortable again xx

i just drink plenty of water and do light stomach exercises . do 5 sit-ups rest for a few seconds then 5more, until you reach 20 - 30 sit-ups.

Actually, it sounds to me as though you need something to soften it all up, rather than more fibre. In fact, if you suspect that you've got more up there to come, the last thing you need right now is more fibre cos you'll just add to the back log (ooh, didn't mean to make a pun - that's quite funny :D) If you're still constipated at all, you'll probably need a laxative of some description first.

Movicol is by far the best thing for softening things up (available from your pharmacy but can be a little bit pricey - you might be able to get a sympathetic GP to write you a prescription for it). Another thing to try is Dulcoease (you can get that in bigger supermarkets and chemists).

If you've still got some stuck up there (or if it doesn't want to come out another time), your best bet is probably a glycerine suppository to help soften things up.

Poor you, what a horrible experience. :hug99:

As for the varicose veins - are you sure? They might just be thread veins...

Actually, it sounds to me as though you need something to soften it all up, rather than more fibre. In fact, if you suspect that you've got more up there to come, the last thing you need right now is more fibre cos you'll just add to the back log (ooh, didn't mean to make a pun - that's quite funny :D) If you're still constipated at all, you'll probably need a laxative of some description first.

Movicol is by far the best thing for softening things up (available from your pharmacy but can be a little bit pricey - you might be able to get a sympathetic GP to write you a prescription for it). Another thing to try is Dulcoease (you can get that in bigger supermarkets and chemists).

If you've still got some stuck up there (or if it doesn't want to come out another time), your best bet is probably a glycerine suppository to help soften things up.

Poor you, what a horrible experience. :hug99:

As for the varicose veins - are you sure? They might just be thread veins...

'Back log' actually made me LOL! Yeah I think things need softened, I felt like I was giving birth to a 10lb poo. Plenty of water and if it happens again I'll go to doc's and ask for something to help things along.

Thanks for the replies. :D

I agree with Lily,

You don't need fibre, that can only make it worse. I have had the same problem, and I have found that if I take a sip of water every 15-20 mins, and Dulcoease (stool softener) that makes 'going' much less painful

Clair x

may I suggest colace? you can get it from the chemist and it softens things up down there.

Also, how about those wet toliet wipes that andrex makes so when you wipe it doesnt feel like you've been assaulted? xxx

Get yourself some anusol cream too to pop on the entrance to your bottom, will help with burning feeling if the little tear is external.

Ooohhh, aaowwww!!! I'm still sore :wave_cry: got some anusol, felt the urge earlier but nipped it. Something to look forward to tomorrow :eek:

Back