To all you 'big' losers...any advice for me??

My Hubby is very supportive- even though he thinks I'm nuts! Thats what makes me feel worse that I'm depriving him of a social life! LOL! (He hates going out without me!) :sigh:
We run a bar, and have live music this weekend. I'm quite happy to sit there with my pint of water (even though everyone thinks I'm pregnant because of it! LOL!) And on the Sunday night- our 'social society' is going to a big band night, and I've offered to drive the mini-bus, so thats not a problem either, he just feels he's misplaced his happy-go-lucky wife this last while, and wants her back?!

No-one knows I'm on this diet except him & my mum, and I'd prefer to keep it like that (couldn't hack the know-it-all VLCD comments from armchair 'experts'!) I prefer to quietly get on with it. I am okay with continuing on it, but the cost/time is starting to become an issue? :(
I have an underactive thyroid, and had tried every diet under the sun (and then some). I have been under the care of a dietitian for over a year and was eating 1500cals of the 'right' food in the 'right' amounts, doing moderate exercise, yet never lost a single lb. So LT was/is my last hope. Yes, it's slow, but yes it's working. But I have to decide if I can justify staying on it for so long. I have another 3-4wks until my family wedding. I'll see how I am when I get to then I think. If I'm still 'only' losing 2lbs a week, well, that'll be another 8lb gone, so I'll 'only' be a stone from goal- yet the lightest I've been in years? Hmmm....I don't know.
I've replied to LT and will keep you posted as to what they advise.
Thanks for your kind words, I'm just feeling the monday-morning-blues a little more than usual...:wave_cry:

Hi Irish mum. i guess regarding finances that is always going to be personal to you. only you will know if you have to stop for that reason. i was looking at your weight loss ticker. you have done really well. it does sound as if you need your thyroid checking out. my pharmacist was a little concerned at first about me as ihad difficulty losing weight the "traditional way" . had to explain that although i had trouble losing weight recently it was because i didn't stick to it.
good luck in whatever decision you make

Thanks poppygirl, I've had a response regarding my water/shake query from LT , and I'll post it on a fresh thread for all to see. It's quite interesting? I'll have to re-assess how I'm doing this & see does it make a difference!
Thanks again!

Best of luck Irish Mum hope LT directions works better for you this week. Good luck

hi irishmum!! i have been followin ur posts and i feel the same way the last 3 weeks have been pretty low for me too? im going to try the water thing that lt sent to u and hope for the best this week! good luck love and we will get there eventually! you'll see :) x x x

i have been followin ur posts and i feel the same way the last 3 weeks have been pretty low for me too?
I'd be thrilled with 3lbs a week! LOL! That'd be 12lbs a month as opposed to the 8lbs I'm currently averaging! Have you been drinking a lot of water too? Do you think this advice will help you?

honestly, im pretty down about 3 cause my first time doing lt i had huge losses! ive stopped all my cardio and i have about 5-6 litres of water a day so now im sticking with 4 max plus shakes hun...dunno wat to do if its low this sat again :(

I'd still be happy with 3lbs a week! But then I'm despairing that its only 2lb on average. I just had a nice email from LT asking if I'd reduced my water intake, and to see how I was doing! So I asked (to double-check) if black tea/coffee was included in the 4l max intake recommended. I actually feel better now I'm not drinking so much, and not as cold! LOL!

ah rite! well we'll see now at your next weigh! i hope its better for you, i know exactly how u feel!!! wat day are you getting weighed love?

Tomorrow morning. My scales are showing another 2lbs loss this week, but we'll see what the pharmacy's say. Whatever the result, I'll stick at LT's advice for another week anyway and see how I get on after a full week not splitting shakes, and drinking less water?
I just got my bloods done to see what my thyroid levels are like, and I'm kind-of hoping they've gone a bit skewy again so an increased med dose might make a difference too! LOL!

i hope this does work out for irishmum i got a couple of 2lb losses so i started fst paced walking and jogging about 3 miles and ive found this hass helped speed up my weight losses and with the water and drinkin i only drink when im thirsty i just think thers no point forceing my self 2 drink my body will tell me when i need it
i hope all this works for you and you get those losses you want

Thanks Urban! I walk 3 miles most days in 40mins (i.e. fast! LOL!) but was advised not to do too much as it could slow my losses? As if they could be any slower!
I agree about listening to your body regarding the water intake. I had felt I was 'floating' sometimes, and was freezing all the time. Now I'm comfortable, warmer, and don't have to run to the loo every 10mins!
Fingers crossed? x
(ps- your losses are amazing!!! I'm so jealous!!)

thankyou i hope with the exercise they continue 2 be good try jogging bits of yer walk jog a lil then walk a lil all the way that should help then when yer up 2 it jog the bits you walk n run the bits you jog
and as for exercise slowing weight loss it cant it can only speed it up ive checked with the pharmacey and they think exercise is great the only thing they have said 2 me is just keep an eye on my self and let them no how im feeling

Hi Irishmum

I'm not a big loser (YET) but I was reading Fern Britton's autobiography (you know the one of lap band fame...as well as This Morning...of course) and she said she had a steady loss of about 2lbs a week. I thought she would have a lot more as her calorie intake was about the same as us on LT. I have taken this to heart, so I don't think being too hard on yourself for a LITTLE 2LB LOSS ( :wow:) is necessary, its the sticking to it that matters. Good luck!! ;)

Hello there IM. Have you considered maybe your smaller losses are due to not being far from goal? Just a thought, congrats on your progress so far.:)

Back