To be a slimmer bride for June 2012

kann32gym

Hi

I have 29 weeks and 5 days till we fly out to Greece for our wedding. I have been going to slimming world for 8 weeks now and I am slowly losing the weight. I would like to lose 2 stone but
Being realistic I am going to try and lose 1.5 stone. If I can then lose an extra 0.5 stone then it will be a bonus.

in total so far I have lost 13lb had my WI today and lost 2lb. So another 1lb and lost a stone. Fingers crossed for next week.

Starting tomorrow I will be putting my food diary on here to motivate me to stick to the plan and maybe help others on meal ideas. I would be grateful for people to advise me as well.

i have also made these motivation weight lose jars. Basically one is for pounds to lose and the other pounds lost. Each stone in the jar are 0.5lb. So when you lose you transfer the stones over for each 0.5lb to the lost jar. I keep mine near the fridge to stop the food calling me lol.

image.jpg

Wk 1 day 1

Breakfast - All bran Crunch 30g heb, banana, mullerlight manderine yogurt syns 0

Lunch - Homemade Butternut squash soup 0 syns

Dinner - Homemade Quiche with pasta n sauce (broccoli and cheese) as base. Hea -cheese with salad and low fat dressing 0 syns

1ltr of Sparkling flavoured water so far

Total syns for today 0 Also heb and hea

Exercise for today Crosstrainer 30mins

Found out today I got slimmer of the week yesterday. Well chuffed.

1st week lost 5.5lbs
2nd week lost 1.5lbs half stone award
3rd week lost 1.0 lb
4th Week stayed the same
5th week lost 1.0lb
6th week lost 0.5lb
7th week lost 1.5lb
8th week lost 2.0lb slimmer of the week

Wk1 Day2

Food plan for today

Breakfast - All Bran Crunch 30g heb, banana, mullerlight yogurt peach and pineapple 0 syns

Lunch - Homemade Butternut squash soup, mullerlight yogurt vanilla chocolate sprinkles with cherry underlay 1.5 syns

Dinner - Homemade quiche with salad and low fat Dressing, baked beans, hea - cheese

Snack -Slimming world rocky bar -3 syns

Got my soup maker today so will be planning to make batches of soups for the week.

Syn total for today 4.5 hea and heb

Must get on the Crosstrainer tomorrow.

Have struggled today, feeling hungry but managed to stay away from my sons treats from Halloween.

1st week lost 5.5lbs
3rd week lost 1.0 lb
4th Week stayed the same
5th week lost 1.0lb
6th week lost 0.5lb
7th week lost 1.5lb

Last edited:
I love your jars! I'd love to hear how to get on with your soup maker too.

I have a Wednesday WI too!

Thank you, surprisingly they do help to motivate me the motivation jars. It's a great feeling taking the stones out after WI.

Didnt get a chance to use my soup maker this afternoon but very keen to use it tomorrow plus I have run out soup to have. I will certainly let you know. It's can also be used to as a smoothy maker. It can do chunky soups or smooth.

Xx

Hi! I have just started a diary too and....I am also getting married in June. I want to lose a dress size. So hoping I get there is time.

I live your jars btw! Neat idea.

Good Luck!

Hi! I have just started a diary too and....I am also getting married in June. I want to lose a dress size. So hoping I get there is time.

I live your jars btw! Neat idea.

Thanks re the motivation jars, didn't cost me a lt to make. Got jars from Asda and the rest if the bits from Hobby Craft. Funny I know but they to motivate me. Just really keen to get all the stones out of the ls to lose jar lol.

I'm getting married abroad in Greece. We have 20 people coming with us so more of a reason to lose weight so at least I'm not afraid to do some sun bathing. As we re all staying in the same hotel.

Where are you getting married.

Good luck to you as well. Is your food diary on here as well. Might be nice to compare and get ideas for meals xxx

Thank you, surprisingly they do help to motivate me the motivation jars. It's a great feeling taking the stones out after WI.

Didnt get a chance to use my soup maker this afternoon but very keen to use it tomorrow plus I have run out soup to have. I will certainly let you know. It's can also be used to as a smoothy maker. It can do chunky soups or smooth.

Xx

I bet! I might make some of my own.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you every week and I hope you reach your target for your special day. I think that's one of the reasons I want to lose weight so badly for when it gets to me and my partner setting a date.

I bet! I might make some of my own.

I'll have my fingers crossed for you every week and I hope you reach your target for your special day. I think that's one of the reasons I want to lose weight so badly for when it gets to me and my partner setting a date.

Hi

Hope your having a good weekend so far.

Just sitting here eating carrot and coriander soup, yes made in the soup maker. It is lovely only took 23 mins and it was lovely not to clean up so many bits afterwards. Only had to wash out the container of the soup maker. I would certainly recommend.

i always find when you start a diet that you need to have an event to get you going and to keep you to stick o the plan.

Thank you for your kind words, hope you get to your target which I sure you will. Keep in touch and then we can keep each other motivated.

have a lovely weekend xx

Wk1 day3

Food plan for today, need to stick with this as going to Firework display and I don't want to end up eating from a burger stand. I am going to have my dinner before we go then hopefully this will make me full to stop me pigging out lol

Breakfast - 25g All bran crunch cereal, banana, mullerlight peach and pineapple yogurt 4.5syns

Lunch - Homemade Carrot and coriander soup, mullerlight yogurt vanilla chocolate sprinkles with cherry underlay 1.5 syns

Dinner - Jacket potato with Philadelphia light chilli cheese, topped with baked beans, salad and low fat dressing 0 syns hea (cheese)

Dessert - Key lime pie with Alpine light bars as base (adapted from Slimmer world calendar) 0.5 syns. Heb(alpine bar)

Total syns 6.5. Hea and heb

Exercise 30mins Crosstrainer

1st week lost 5.5lbs
3rd week lost 1.0 lb
4th Week stayed the same
5th week lost 1.0lb
6th week lost 0.5lb
7th week lost 1.5lb

Wk1 day 4

Food plan for today

Breakfast - Cereal all bran crunch 25g, banana, mullerlight cherry yogurt 4.5 syns

Lunch - Homemade Carrot and Coriander soup, mullerlight strawberry yogurt 0 syns

Dinner - Jacket potato with Philadelphia light chilli cheese topped with baked beans, salad and low fat dressing - HEA - Cheese 0 syns

Dessert - Homemade Key lime pie - HEB - alpine bars 0.5 syns

Total syns for today 5 and HEA HEB

1.5 litres of sparkling flavoured water

Exercise 30min Crosstrainer x 2

Managed to stay away from the burger stands etc at the fireworks display last night. Very pleased with myself.

1st week lost 5.5lbs
3rd week lost 1.0 lb
4th Week stayed the same
5th week lost 1.0lb
6th week lost 0.5lb
7th week lost 1.5lb

Last edited:
Would you mind sharing the recipe for your key lime pie? Sounds like something I'd like.

Well done on keeping away from the burger vans on fireworks night! I think we're doing our own pulled pork rolls with sweet potato wedges for our bonfire night opposed to our normal hotdogs, potato skins and coleslaw.

Would you mind sharing the recipe for your key lime pie? Sounds like something I'd like.

Well done on keeping away from the burger vans on fireworks night! I think we're doing our own pulled pork rolls with sweet potato wedges for our bonfire night opposed to our normal hotdogs, potato skins and coleslaw.

Yummy your bonfire night sounds lovely.

This is my adapted version of the Key Lime pie. Hope you will like it. Let me know

Serves 8 people

You will need 18" loose bottomed cake tin

8 Alpine light bars I used chocolate and fudge. (Heb)
1 Sachet no added sugar lemon and lime jelly crystals. I used Hartley's. 1.5 syns for whole sachet
2 tsp powdered gelatine
juice of 4 limes
400g mullerlight vanilla yogurt
200g Quark
6 tbsp sweetener

Put Alpine bars in a bowl place in microwave for 45 seconds, then stir and place in the 18cm tin, press evenly over the base put into fridge to chill. Won't take long.

Mix jelly crystals with 140ml boiling water and then stir in the gelatine. Set a side to cool.

Put lime juice in to a bowl or food processor (I put mine in to a bowl). Add the cool jelly mixture, yogurt, quark and sweetener and blend until smooth. ( I done this by using a fork it did not take long). Then pour on to the alpine base and put into fridge to cool. I left mine in there for 5 hours it does say over night but found 5 hours long enough especially if your keen to have some. Lol.

i calculated it to 0.5 which will be over the syns used. But then you can always slice it up for four people which will still be 0.5 syns. Hope it makes sense. The only syn part is the jelly which is 1.5 for the whole lot in the cake so I just divided this to the serving qty x

Hope you enjoy it xx

Wk 1. Day 5

B - All bran crunch 25g , banana, mullerlight strawberry yogurt, 4.5syn

L - Homemade carrot and coriander soup, mullerlight pineapple and peach yogurt. 0 syn

D - Jacket potato topped with Philadelphia light chilli cheese 70g - HEA, baked beans, salad and low fat dressing. 0 syn

Dessert - Key lime pie (alpine bar base - HEB). 0.5 syn

Total syns today 5. HEA. HEB

1.5 ltrs flavoured sparkling water

No exercise today - not feeling great got a cold, will try and do it tomorrow. Hopefully will feel better

1st week lost 5.5lbs
3rd week lost 1.0 lb
4th Week stayed the same
5th week lost 1.0lb
6th week lost 0.5lb
7th week lost 1.5lb

WK 1 Day 6

B- All bran crunch 30g HEB, banana, mullerlight manderine yogurt 0 syn

L- Homemade Carrot and coriander soup, mullerlight cranberry yogurt 0 syn

D - Salad and low fat dressing, baked beans 0 syn

Total Syns for today 0 syns HEB

1.5 litres of flavoured sparkling water

Exercise - 30mins Crosstrainer

As usual not looking forward to WI tomorrow, not expecting great results. Fingers crossed that I have not put on. But if I do not all lost, it be a new week new start.

1st week lost 5.5lbs
3rd week lost 1.0 lb
4th Week stayed the same
5th week lost 1.0lb
6th week lost 0.5lb
7th week lost 1.5lb

WK 1 Day 7

B- All bran crunch 30g HEB, banana, mullerlight cranberry yogurt 0 syn

L- Mullerlight orange with chocolate sprinkles yogurt 0 syns

Dinner - Treat night at Frankie and Bennies, way over syns

1.5 ltrs sparkling flavoured water

30 mins on Crosstrainer

Lost 0.5 lb better then a gain. New day, new week tomorrow must lose 0.5 or more next week to get to my stone lost.

Last edited:
Hope the scales are kind!

Hello

lost 0.5 lb so that's ok was hoping for 1 lb so then I lost a stone but was not to be. I will hopefully get there next week.

It was yr weigh in today, wasn't it. Hope the scales were kind to you as well x

They were very kind to me today 5 1/2 off. Its only my second week so I expect my losses will slow down soon.

I managed to grab my copy of the SW mag and now have the Calendar as well, that's a great rework of their recipe. I'd never have thought to use alpen light bars.

Back