"To be fair, you are a big girl......."

BellyFlop

Silver Member
So today, three months after purchasing a pretty expensive but beautiful bed that has given me several problems, I went back to the bed store to collect some brackets as three times now the brackets that fit onto the ends of the wooden slats that fit into the metal bed frame have broken....Once I sat on the bed and ended up going through it, next time my son aged 6 dived on to it and he sunk through, finally last week I sat on it again and voila....again I sunk!

Each time this has happened the plastic end bits that slot onto the wood have broken and each time the seller has got me replacement slats....also I put the bed together and i think I may have not tightened the screws as taut as I should have...hence the problems?!

Today after collecting the brackets, the seller says to me, "I've sold loads of these beds and nobody else has had any problems, but to be fair, you are a big girl, maybe that's the problem!"......"

I said, "To be fair, maybe this bed is plain faulty!"......also that there is only me in my bed, what about couples? :mad:

I am fecking raging, why do people always use the 'fat' card? what makes them think it's ok to say that?

I am so annoyed with myself for not giving him an earful!, I then grabbed the brackets off him and walked out after telling him, I hoped I wasn't coming back but time will tell....

I seriously would have given him what for but my four year daughter was standing next to me and I don't want her hearing kerrap like that....I am trying to educate her when it comes to nutrition and also instill in her that it's ok not to be a size 0!

People make me soooo mad!

So gonna walk around his shop in a bikini when I hit target!:D

Thats SO rude. Id go back and complain to the manager!!

He is the store owner, Starlight!

I know, Starlight!

Makes me laugh really, that's his livelyhood and he speaks to customers like that! I have decided I am going to write him a letter and verbally scold him!

:D

It's one of two independant shops he owns, Kitteh!

I went out feeling great today, I'm 5ft 8in and size 18 is baggy on me now, I actually feel 'average' in size now....maybe I should have gone to Specsavers!:rolleyes:

Id definitely put it in writing to him, might make him think about it. Id also mention youre telling everyone about his appaling manner and rudeness, if its his store that might worry him a lot more.

Oh I will!

Fancy helping me break his balls?!:D

i wouldnt write him a letter, i would go higher, i would name n shame go to the papers, sod him the rude lil man :p

OOh I'd have ripped him a new a**ehole :mad::rolleyes: Blooming idiot obviously knows nothing about customer service eh? :rolleyes:

I was brought down to earth a bit yesterday. Went to church in my new size 22 jeans ( that are already too big:rolleyes:), feeling fab, and someone asked me when I was due :eek::eek::eek: I spluttered back at them that I have up until now lost 64 pounds ! :D

Last edited:
i wouldnt write him a letter, i would go higher, i would name n shame go to the papers, sod him the rude lil man :p

Oooh No! I can just imagine the headline......" :D

OOh I'd have ripped him a new a**ehole :mad::rolleyes: Blooming idiot obviously knows nothing about customer service eh? :rolleyes:

I also was brought down to earth a bit yesterday. Went to church in my new size 22 jeans ( that are already too big:rolleyes:), feeling fab, and someone asked me when I was due :eek::eek::eek: I spluttered back at them that I have up until now lost 64 pounds ! :D

Doesn't it just kill you when people say that?! :mad:

You've done so well, Ali!:)

Thanks Belly :) At my heaviest I never ever got asked when I was due, so I was a bit gob smacked lol :D
You've done fab as well hun xx

OMG cheeky sod tell me where his shop is so i can go slap him round the head!!!!:mad: id would defo write a letter of complain like sheep said ... i had a prob with a bed base ( bought it from mfi fabby after sales care)they repaired it and it broke again but second time replaced. if it breaks again demand a replacement !!!! xx

OMG cheeky sod tell me where his shop is so i can go slap him round the head!!!!:mad: id would defo write a letter of complain like sheep said ... i had a prob with a bed base ( bought it from mfi fabby after sales care)they repaired it and it broke again but second time replaced. if it breaks again demand a replacement !!!! xx

Sue, Next time I will take my Brick Poo House of a brother with me...all muscle too!:D

DEFO, go to your local paper and name and shame him! you cant speak to ppl like that its wrong. I bet if you spoke to him like that he would have thrown you out the shop!

Back