to eat or not to eat

janinelee123

hi guys, week 2 on the lipotrim diet and been really good. stickin to it like glue. in work today 1 of the girls who does lipotrim said that she has steamed chicken every night and 2 shakes. is this allowed? would i be ok having some steamed chicken ona sunday and then having shakes the rest of the week? would this effect my weight loss? i would love some steamed chicken but want to stick to the diet 100%

If you can stick to the shakes its the quickest way to loose the pounds. A few of the gals have combined protein with LT and done well on losses. Sure they will post their stories too. Like me I started with a bit to loose...maybe when you get half way there it would be a good way to start getting into food slowly?

Hiya,

I agree with Bea. If I was you I'd try and stick to lipotrim as long as you can. Once you get to the stage where you REALLY cannot do it any longer then there is nothing wrong with doing what you have suggested. I'm now on a mixture now of LT and Atkins, but I did 6 full weeks of SSing first. I'd got to the stage where if I didn't introduce some food I'd end up falling off the wagon completely. You know yourself. Just take it a day at a time and the longer on LT the better as your loss should be higher sticking with it 100%, but its better to introduce the 'right' foods if you know you are not going to be able to stick to the diet.

Hope that makes sense!!:rolleyes:

Good luck hun.

...kill for steamed chicken ...ROFL....how far we have come from chocs and crisps....LOL

hi guys. thanks for the info. i'm going to a 21st tonight, had a really bad day in work, feeling quite depressed actually and my aunty has put on some un seasoned fat free chicken so i think i'm gonna have a bit just 4 tonight. i really dont want to come off the diet. i'm doing so well and quite enjoying it but i just need a little something tonight. the only thing is, i feel like i'm letting mysef down by doing it which is making me feel worse. only been on this diet for just under 2 weeks and feel like i'm failing. again. just not a good day at all. i'm determined not to come off LT though. this is my turn around. come on next summer. it will all be worht it then. hust feel like i'm never gonna get there.

When I was full timeon LT a couple times cos of work dos and family things - I did have some plain chicken or fish and a little green salad....and I still lost the same weight as when I was SSing. I did find it a little tougher the following few days as your body really wants the food and the "little voice" keeps saying...eat eat eat...once you are prepared for that you will be fine.

I have fallen off the wagon more times than anyone on here I think Janine and every time I fall off its because I have told myself a little bit of ham or chicken will be fine and then it progresses to chicken salad and then low fat food and back to normal food so I would advise that you think very seriously about it before you do it. You will have to be so strict with yourself about when you have it and it may save you alot of heartache if you just dont do it at all. Have you though about switching to CD because there are more flavours and the bars are yummy?

I think, if you really really need ot eat, then you should without feeling like you've cheated or ruined things.

I explained last week to the chemist how hard i had foundthe week and he recommended that i had a light meal instead of the third shake on any day I felt I wouldn't get to the end of the day without it. I had four days on shakes (and flapjacks) and three days i had light meals.

HHaving just got weight and lost 7lbs on my second week, I don't think having that light meal has done anything other than allow me to continue into a third week feeling positive. 1st 4lbs in two weeks is a record for me and being able to have the odd meal and still feel as if i'm giving my all, i feel is the key to my continued success.

Fantastic Rosie Ju. You've done fab. I agree....as long as you make the right choices then you should be fine.

hi guys, well i had the chicken but wont be doing it again. its so true that it makes u wnat more. i ended up having a piece of toast and the later that night cried my heart out because i just fealt like a failure and thought i had ruined everything. i have my weigh in tomorrow and i'm really worried that i wont have lost or even worse, will have put on. i'm not strong enough to have a bit here and there. i need it to be nothing at all and its like starting all over again because i want food again whereas before, those feelings had mostely gone away. i feel quite depressed at the momebt and really upset with myself for coming off it after having such a good week. tomorrow is the start of my new week and i'm going to start with a fresh mind. i can already see the difference in my body shape and i have a lot to lose so to say that in 2 weeks, i'm not going to ruin it now.

You're not a failure. You can stick to it, and I'm sure you will do well.

I'm a CD-er but just roaming round the boards. Just wanted to say put it behind you, you now know how bad eating makes you feel so next time you feel tempted, remember how you feel now. You're not a failure, you're still learning how to get your heard round TFR. Good luck and get back on it.

tanks everyone. i'm just gonna have to get over it and get back to the diet and start fresh. i have my weigh in tomorrow so i will take it from there. i will be so happy with a loss of 3lb or more.

hi guys, well i had the chicken but wont be doing it again. its so true that it makes u wnat more. i ended up having a piece of toast and the later that night cried my heart out because i just fealt like a failure and thought i had ruined everything. i have my weigh in tomorrow and i'm really worried that i wont have lost or even worse, will have put on. i'm not strong enough to have a bit here and there. i need it to be nothing at all and its like starting all over again because i want food again whereas before, those feelings had mostely gone away. i feel quite depressed at the momebt and really upset with myself for coming off it after having such a good week. tomorrow is the start of my new week and i'm going to start with a fresh mind. i can already see the difference in my body shape and i have a lot to lose so to say that in 2 weeks, i'm not going to ruin it now.

Hey YOUR NOT A FAILURE your doing great !!! Some of my friends tried LT and couldnt even do it for a week look how well your doing.. I do know exactly how you feel I cheated there about two weeks and I still managed to loose so dont worry chin up girl.. you will be fine!!! YOUR DOING GREAT!!! XXXX

:grouphugg:

Sparkles is so right!! This is a tough diet but anyone's count....you are doing great!!

i lost 8lb, i cant believe it. i'm so happy. i'm not gonna have any othr food until i'm at my goal weight. if i get hungry then i'm just gonna think of that lovely dress i want to wear to my brothers wedding in august next year. i love this site. ur all ace.

Wow what a fab weight loss hun.........See like everyone has said......
YOUR DEFINETLY NOT A FAILURE....the 8lbs loss proves it :D

Back