To weigh or not to weigh??

Louise24

Gold Member
Morning lovely S&S'ers... I'm sure lots of us are going to try and put a food filled xmas behind us and get back on track today... however, are you weighing today (to see the damage) or going to give yourself a week of being on plan first? (missing the shock of the numbers but also the recognition of how much you've actually lost).

I'm quite happily going to put my head in the sand until next week. Although I'd predict at least 7lbs on, I feel bleugh.

x

I was very pleasantly suprised when I weighed in last week after a week off, I'd added a late pound the week before from over indulging in cocktail sausages but only put on an addition 5lb on the week off, I'd anticipated so much more than that, and it certainly felt like it! I'd say do it, you might just be pleasantly suprised too, and if you know just where you're at you can see it all coming off again next week - I know I've shifted my gain already - but then again, I'm a total scale addict! :)

I bit the bullet and weighed myself today (after hazarding a guess first, which turned out to be spot on!). So grateful for Minimins. It's nice not to feel alone in this!

I weighed myself, no point hiding the truth from myself. I'm up 11lbs from when I came off plan a month ago! It was depressing to see the numbers but I know that from today, I'll be lighter with each day so it's ok. I can fix the damage.

I debated this as well but i decided to weigh so that hopefully a first week big loss will spur me on.
I gained 11.5lbs since mid November. Wishfully thinking I'd like to see 7lbs of that gone by next Wednesday

i weighed today and wasnt as shocked as i thought, kind of knew it would be close to 16st and i was, 1lb under!! I used to say, i cant wait to get to the 13's now its i can wait to be below 15! dont you hate it when you look back and eralise you werent even that fat before, compared to now anyways! But i do know, if i carry on as i am i will be in the 20's before 2015!! SICKENING!!xxx

Kerance25 said:
i weighed today and wasnt as shocked as i thought, kind of knew it would be close to 16st and i was, 1lb under!! I used to say, i cant wait to get to the 13's now its i can wait to be below 15! dont you hate it when you look back and eralise you werent even that fat before, compared to now anyways! But i do know, if i carry on as i am i will be in the 20's before 2015!! SICKENING!!xxx

Nobody's weight is sickening. There's nothing disgusting about being overweight. That a social niceity which if we're not careful we can internalise, brate ourselves for and end up eating more food to comfort ourselves. Everyone is beautiful just as they are. If you want to lose weight to be more healthy and fit into clothes which you like but can't wear at the moment then that's great - go for it. There is nothing disgusting about where you are now.

I weighed in, if you don't you won't feel any sense of achievement next week!

I've weighed in at the beginning on some rubbish scales. Just for a guide. I was going to weigh on weekly but after talking it through with a girl at work (big on quitting diets) we've agreed a monthly weigh in to avoid that ' god I've only lost that after all my hard work' attitude that can pop up.

definitelyneeded to weigh myself as soon as the over indulging was over with and id decided to get back on plan , ive gained a stone but i needed to know that in order to spur myself on to get going again , bearing in mind i have pretty much been off plan for about 4 months with a few failed restarts here and there

oh well , ibiza in august looms in my mind already and need to get 3 stone off ideally , so here goes

I've thought about monthly weigh ins but I'm just not strong enough to wait that long! Sometimes I don't even wait a week lol It's only my weekly one that's official but I will sometimes check before then too. I find that for me it helps keep me on track, even if I'm only down a little bit. I know everyone's different though but for me, I just don 't have the willpower to resist the scales for a whole month!!

Back