Today has been tough - advice please!!!!!

josiejojojo

I'm into week 4 and starting to wane. I want to make it to 8 weeks but so far I still have more days infront of me than behind. Weeks 1-3 were so tough - particularly as I was ill for most of them but now I have my energy back, and am well, I'm finding week 4 the biggest challenge - I'm just getting sooooo bored and going off more and more of the shakes/flapjacks... soon I'm going to be left with only vanilla that I can stand....

Any of you LT supastars got any advice for surviving the middle bit of this diet. I know once I get this, and next week, over I will see light at the end of the tunnel but boy am I struggling right now....

Whinge, moan... want to be thin NOW and if the devil wanted to make a pack I may just be tempted if it meant I could eat ;)

haha that was meant to be pact...but clearly I was thinking about biscuits!!!

Stick with it. You can do it. You really can. Just think how awful you will feel if you give up before the half way mark.

I did 8 weeks and I am so glad I stuck it out. It was bloody awful at times but if you break it down 8 weeks is nothing on the grand scale of things.

Keep going and I promise you you will be so glad you did.

Thank you Pam. I know you're right. I'm so pleased to be 1 stone lighter in only 3 weeks and would be so cross with myself if I gave up but it is so hard at times...I treat every day as a mini-goal but it still seems so far away! I think I will have to tell myself "it's bloody awful for a handful of days but being fat is awful every bloody day" xxx

try not to think of it as 8 weeks, I had to do it one day at a time. Some days I was even one shake at a time. Have you seen the honk if you are 100% thread? That kept me going, i loved that thread and it became my main aim everyday to post on it at bed time. And come on here for support. I know I would have caved if I hadn't used the site. sometimes I didn't like what i was being told (ie to stick 100% when i was really struggling) but it all helped.

Let me know how you feel tomorrow. I'll guess you will feel pretty chuffed with yourself for sticking with it. Good luck xx

I did LT on just the strawberry shakes... used to have to hold my nose and down them lol

Keep going if you can... just think the 3 weeks will go in very quickly whether you are on it or not so ya might as well be on it and lose the weight ya want to and get it over ya :D:D:D

OK I will start honking as of tomorrow (afraid I ate some Salmon tonight instead of a shake and feel fit to burst)... 100% tomorrow it is.
Gen that made me laugh - the colour of the strawberry is so wrong, so very very wrong :) Thanks ladies. Bed for me and a fresh start tomorrow
xxxx

Hi, we're at exactly the same stage and it has been tough. Set yourself mini goals- one week , then another. That's why I do and it seems a lot more achievable that 8 weeks. Good luck!

leahcnnr said:
Hi, we're at exactly the same stage and it has been tough. Set yourself mini goals- one week , then another. That's why I do and it seems a lot more achievable that 8 weeks. Good luck!

I'm at the same stage too I'm coming up to end of week 4 which wil b Saturday..weigh in tomo afternoon tho&im planning to do 8 weeks.so another 4 left to go.so nearly half way!!!I do get fed up at times (still like my shakes tho&dont think I could get thru a day without having them)but my hubby reminds me this is the longest iv stuck to a diet of any sort&hes never seen me lose so much weight so he tells me to keep going until goal. He's actually just started doing slim fast cos he's been inspired by me. Anyway I am constantly counting down the days which I know I shouldn't & I'm wishing the days away so quickly. But when I stop and think that in 4 weeks only I could be at goal I am so excited & amazed that its within reach! So I'm going for it even if in a weeks time I have to hold my nose to down the shakes it's worth it!

So if u need some support Hun all the girls on here will keep u going and me and Leahcnnr above will do our best to keep u going I'm sure, as were in the same boat...4&half weeks here we come.

Keep going Josiejojo xx

Hey Hun

Hang in there believe me if you go off it now you will be kicking yourself I felt awful on Monday when I had a refeed meal but yesterday I felt great that I came back on. It really isn't worth it! Just think a short few weeks can change the rest of your life no only will you be slimmer but you will have the mind set that Yes I can do it I can control myself and achieve results. Your only focus should be on Florida - what bakini will you be wearing on this holiday? which nice little shorts, dresses and tops will you be able to get into? How fab will you feel sitting at the pool? Just fill up your days reading posts and time will fly :) x

:D:D Hi girls,
Just for some variety and as an occasional thing, perhaps you might like to consider the "recipes" I think there on page 2 OR 3 of the 100% thread.... Its a tough diet I know and very monotonous BUT remember its not forever! :D Love to you guys Lou xxx

Oh hun, don't chuck it in now, you've come soooo far and it will soooo be worth sticking it out. Treat yourself to something lovely like a manicure or a facial to reward yourself and look at mags with all the clothes you'd love to see yourself in soon. Trust me, you CAN do this!

Thank you all xxxxx
I feel much better today and have been 100% (honk, honk). The advice is so right. I just need to focus and get on with it... nearly at the half way point and then will storm the finish line with the help of my girls.
Shorts, sleeveless t-shirts and bikinis here I come (just not until I'm in Florida) :) xxxx

Hi, glad you're feeling more positive today- stick with it it is soo worth it. I find putting the shakes in the blender with loads of ice actually makes them quite tasty (even look forward to them- how wrong is that!) I had a blip at weekend with salmon (it was my daughters birthday so figure salmon was good given what I could have eaten lol) and still managed to loose 5lb :eek: Good luck :)

Hi, have you tried the soup yet? I'll almost exclusively flapjacks at the moment, but did about 4 weeks exclusively on the soup - it's actually quite nice, and the best option to keep out the winter chill!

I found the middle part of the diet really tough. Things like getting in smaller clothes that I haven't worn for years or the possitive comments people made kept me going. I started the first few weeks with just the vanilla, chocolate and strwberry shakes, after about 3 week I tried the chicken soup and then started on the flapjacks. The last 2 are an aquired taste but after a while I started to 'enjoy' them. Towards the end I went off the strawberry shakes and the chicken soup. You find your tastes change as you progress through the diet so something you didn't like at the beginning of the diet you might enjoy later on. Some people add mint tea to the chocolate and coffee to the vanilla for something different or had the shakes hot instead of cold.
Keep going if you can it really is worth it and the time will fly by. Good luck!

Hi, have you tried the soup yet? I'll almost exclusively flapjacks at the moment, but did about 4 weeks exclusively on the soup - it's actually quite nice, and the best option to keep out the winter chill!

Yeah I have the soup and the coconut but am getting a bit sick of them. Read about toasting the flatjack and it really did change the texture was quite nice with a black coffee. Can you have 3 flapjacks a day - i thought you could only replace 1 shake a day with a flapjack?

xx

Things like getting in smaller clothes that I haven't worn for years or the possitive comments people made kept me going.

Thanks HockeyNut. You must have jumped into my head last night as that is exactly what I did. I have 3 suitcases with 3 sizes of clothes that were too small. The first now all fit me - and infact some are getting baggy already. The second is coming out at the weekend to keep me motivated for the last half xxx

Back