Cruise PP Tofu cream dessert

anjuschka

Dukan Ancestor!!
Now this *could* be suitable for attack but I'm not absolutely sure. Definitely not for attack if you're adding cocoa powder!

150gr Silken Tofu (I used Nori-Mu 'firm')
2 TB Fat-Free Fromage Frais
2 TB Splenda

Whizz everything together at high speed till creamy. Add flavouring. Divide into 2 small pots. Chill in the fridge.

Flavouring options (I have tried 2 and 3 and can recommend them):

1. Vanilla
  2. Vanilla and Lemon (=cheesecake style), I actually used a 1/3 of grated lemon but in cruise stick with flavouring
  3. Vanilla and 2 ts fat-reduced cocoa powder (not in attack/stall - tolerated item!)
ANYTHING else you think might work. I am pondering almond and cinnamon... The cream itself is nearly unflavoured, very cream-like with a 'hint of fromage frais' so you have plenty of options.

After being successful in my quest to find silken tofu, am just bumping this to say that (although I don't really like creamy puds) this was lovely.

I have had lemon and ginger, orange and cinnamon (both with zest, but flavourings would be as good, I'm sure) and vanilla. Am wondering if coffee would work, so will try that next (and only use half the recipe amount in case it's awful:)).

Thanks, Anja - easy but really nice:D.

Thanks Laura,

inspired by your comments I made 'spiced orange' today and it's nice too, makes a change from Lemon and livens up a 'fussy Thursday' PP day :)

Never noticed this before, sound's great. I'm off out to get some tofu! Thanks Anja.

Wow!! Lovely tasting and a good source of protein - really glad to have this recipe.

sounds good ... need to try and get some tofu

Ahem - revisiting this thread I realise I made a mistake - the actual recipe I use is: not 150 gr but a whole 350gr block of Tofu, as it comes out of the tetrapak. 2 TB From Frais and about 1.5 TB splenda.

Either way - adjust to taste and enjoy :)

Well totally in love with this recipe - just made a batch of vanilla and found it hard to put it in the fridge but just about managed it!!!! WOW - love it!!! Tofu my new favourite!!!

This sounds lovely and a great protein source and it's quick. The perfect combo. I have two packs of silken tofu waiting for an idea and this is it.

Just made this and I'm not too sure lol ... Will eat it later for pud

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

was ok but needed a bit more flavour... will try it with my dukan caramel flavouring next time i think

i had half of the other portion with my goji berry muffins this morning and yes i still think it needs more flavour LOL but it is growing on me :D

I add raspberry SF jelly crystals for a tart but sweet flavour.

I've used greek yog when i've not had any from frais in :) perhaps it's a little thinner but generally the taste is the same x

Or quark is good!

i made this again today this time with the dukan caramel flavouring.... much nicer :D

Back