tofu/qourn ideas

Starlit_Cazza

Restart 3/9/2013
Hi everyone. I have decided that I am going to SS until I go on hols on 27/7. Whilst on hols I am going to do 810 while I am away.

I don't really want to be eating Chicken/turkey the whole time I am away so would like to have a go with quorn and tofu (I am going to france for hols - self catered). However I have never really cooked these before in my life!!!!

Has anyone got any good tofu/quorn recipes they can recommend that are 810 compatible and preferablly barbecuable???? lol

Last edited:
thats a really good question i was just going to steam my tofo

Sorry I know nothing about 810 but when I cook with Quorn mince I always add a tin of tomatoes so the mince takes on the juice as it doesn't have the natural juice that meat does. I use Quorn to make cottage pie, spag bol etc

But I cant have tomatoes on 810!!!!

Princess Bunny I have never cooked tofu before ever - only ever had it at restaurants etc, so I have no idea what I am doing!!!

i think you can steam tofo im pretty sure you can xx

This may not be of any help, but you could try the quorn burgers (minus the bun) or even the sausages. The intructions should be on the packaging but i wouldnt know how to cook it otherwise. I think you can steam and boil it, but i'm not sure.

xx

Not very imaginative, but I love a bit of warm grilled quorn pieces in a green salad with a smidge of fat free salad dressing.

sounds yummy though

I'm vegetarian and have a hell of a lot of Quorn. It is very easy to cook and you can use it as a substitute for meat in any dish so I would suggest finding any recipe you like and just adding the quorn.

Because the 810 is so restrictive (outside of CD) I would recommend using your veg allowance and stir fry it and then add quorn pieces or tofu pieces. you could use quorn mince, carrot and grated swede (on top if you are allowed it) to make a cottage pie. Quorn is really easy to cook with but like Taz says it doesn't have the natural moisture of meat. Quorn piece kebabs would be easy to barbecue. Have a nice holiday.

Back