Toilet information...lol x

Trash

Still fighting
Hiya All

I'm planning on starting CD next Monday - been to see a CDC this morn and got my first weeks packs....
But ...I forgot to ask about Constipation....I am prone to suffer with this hence why i normally have a high fibre diet!
What can i take that will be ok with CD to prevent it ......can someone recommend something so that i can go get some before i start as a preventative measure :)

Congrats on starting CD - how exciting..

I'd probably do SS+ if I were you... when I did SS (sachets only) I had terrible constip, and I've never had it before in my life..

you can also add something called psyllium husks to the shakes... don't add much.. I added too much and got myself in trouble that way!!

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/94528-psyllium-husks.html

(it's an old thread - there's probably more recent ones on minis)

Good luck!

Vxx

Last edited:
Hi Tracey,

Go for Movicol - it is quite expensive to buy over the counter (£11 for 30 sachets) or get ur doc to prescribe it to you.

I used to really suffer but this stuff works miracles...
xx

Congrats on starting CD - how exciting..

I'd probably do SS+ if I were you... when I did SS (sachets only) I had terrible constip, and I've never had it before in my life..

you can also add something called psyllium husks to the shakes... don't add much.. I added too much and got myself in trouble that way!!

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-forum/94528-psyllium-husks.html

(it's an old thread - there's probably more recent ones on minis)

Good luck!

Vxx

Thanks V - the thread was great......I'm gonna visit health shop and buy some in before i start i think. Gonna give SS a go and rethink if I have probs in the toilet dept and maybe go onto SS+

Hi Tracey,

Go for Movicol - it is quite expensive to buy over the counter (£11 for 30 sachets) or get ur doc to prescribe it to you.

I used to really suffer but this stuff works miracles...
xx

Cheers Rebecca will bare that in mind hun x

Oooh, another poo thread lol

Movicol is one of the best aperient as it draws water into the bowel to keep faeces soft. Also less likely to get the stomach cramps that are associated with other aperients.

Back