Told im gonna die :/

:wavey::wavey:Hi Poppy, a big welcome from me too. You have made such a good and brave decision, well done. The hardest part was walking through those doors. You will do well on S W. There are 3 plans to chose from, though S W actively promote ee now. I myself have lost 2.5stone and have been at target 17 months, it can be done! Your doctor sounds awful, but things are going to get better for you now. Please keep us all informed of how your week goes, and if you need any help or support just keep bobbing on here. I would wish you good luck, but you really wont need it. S W rocks:clap:

Hi poppy, I wish I could complain for you! That GP shouldn't get away with an attitude like that, I bet they enjoy their power trip and belittle people all the time! Disgusting.

Congratulations on joining! I never thought I could manage it or stick to it, and stick to group, but here I am, 16 weeks later and 2 stone lighter!

Please remember we are all here for you, and whenever you feel you're struggling, pop on and come talk to us! I'm sure over the next few weeks you'll grow to love your group and looking forward to their stories like I do!

Best of luck sweetie :) x

Hi poppy, I wish I could complain for you! That GP shouldn't get away with an attitude like that, I bet they enjoy their power trip and belittle people all the time! Disgusting.

Congratulations on joining! I never thought I could manage it or stick to it, and stick to group, but here I am, 16 weeks later and 2 stone lighter!

Please remember we are all here for you, and whenever you feel you're struggling, pop on and come talk to us! I'm sure over the next few weeks you'll grow to love your group and looking forward to their stories like I do!

Best of luck sweetie :) x

Aww thank you so much! You have done amazing losing two stone Hun congrats :) xxx

:wavey::wavey:Hi Poppy, a big welcome from me too. You have made such a good and brave decision, well done. The hardest part was walking through those doors. You will do well on S W. There are 3 plans to chose from, though S W actively promote ee now. I myself have lost 2.5stone and have been at target 17 months, it can be done! Your doctor sounds awful, but things are going to get better for you now. Please keep us all informed of how your week goes, and if you need any help or support just keep bobbing on here. I would wish you good luck, but you really wont need it. S W rocks:clap:

-waves- wow you have done amazing, a pure inspiration xxx

Hi. I'm not doing SW but I just wanted to say good luck on your journey and well done for your 1 stone loss already. :)

I'm currently doing a vlcd (very low calorie diet) and will maintain doing Unislim/low gi diet. Only a few ibs left to go :)

I'm currently doing a vlcd (very low calorie diet) and will maintain doing Unislim/low gi diet. Only a few ibs left to go :)

Well done :) ur made of stronger stuff than me I done LL for 3 months was 100% but had to stop because of money and for the last 5years I've been trying CD each time lasting no longer than 2weeks. I started on an off like 100 times! Wish I could have done it xxx

Yes the dr was right to inform you of the risks of being overweight instead of being rude and judgemental they should have asked what support you were actually looking for then done thier best to help you get that support. It really bugs me that drs think they are automatically entitled to respect, respect is something you have to earn and that dr isn't going to earn any with that attitude.

Yes the dr was right to inform you of the risks of being overweight instead of being rude and judgemental they should have asked what support you were actually looking for then done thier best to help you get that support. It really bugs me that drs think they are automatically entitled to respect, respect is something you have to earn and that dr isn't going to earn any with that attitude.

I totally agree xx

Just seen this Poppy and this reminds me of my old Doctors, I weighed 12.5 stone and they told me I was fat and he was just rude, at this time I was quite seriously ill but it made me nervous of seeing them so I refused to go to the Doctors. A few years later I went to see the Nurse for a pescription and she weighed me and by this point I'd lost almost 2 stone and I was really pleased about this and told her, and all she could say was that's not what our records say (I hadn't been weighed since my teens when I was mostly 8 something) it says I had put on a lot of weight and was now overweight!! I hated them for that but instead of it motivating me it hasd the total opposite effect where as I then went and piled on the weight whilst losing so much confidence.

It took me a long time to get my head right and in the meantime I moved Doctors and thankfully got a new Doc who was brilliant and very supportive and we finally go my health issues sorted. Annoyingly when I was ready to lose weight I went to see the Nurse there for help and all she said was I should take grapes to work to snack on as it's be better than a bag of crisps! I hate how so may health care professionals assume that if you're overweight you just sit and eat stuff like that constantly whereas I put on weight because my health issues were to do with my rubbish digestive system and so many foods made me ill so I stuck to what didn't and a lot of that was not healthy but was bland and as low fibre as I could get to try to help avoiding getting physically ill.

Anyway sorry for such a long post but the main thing I want to get across is it's brilliant you've joined SW, I really regret letting the stupid things said to me by two people impact me so much and for so long. I am thrilled you've used the frankly rude and insulting words of one person in such a positive way and want to wish you luck in TTC and your weight loss journey. SW does work and you'll get the best support and help here and at group xx

wow poppy! i am lost for words at what you had to sit and listen to from that inconsiderate and tactless ****!!!!! (I am in the 'i would complain' group but its your decision hun). I also agree that although it was not said in the best way (or even the second best way!!), the positive you can take from it is that it has spurred you on and made you think about other ways you can get support on weight loss....mini's has worked wonders for me.

You have done amazingly to not only use your experience to spur you on but also to not let yourself forget how well you have done to lose 1 stone already! Well done on going to your first group - now is where the planning comes into play!

How have you found SW since group? Do you have any questions or anything you are struggling with? Use minimins as a resource to boost you in between group so you keep up your hard work! If you want any recipe ideas then look in subforums and follow a few peoples diaries (mine is in my signature below). I also follow 'pebbles and the gang' which I am sure you will be able to find if you do a quick search.

What day is your WI? I will be following you to see how you get on. Good luck hun xx

Hi and welcome to the forum and to Slimming World :) everyone is very supportive on here and you've come to the right place.
I'd deffo look for a different doctor... can you transfer? I'm sure there's also a way to lodge a complaint because that was out of order.
I'm nearly 27, so same age as you, there are a few of us in our 20s following this plan :)

OMG how many replies, that's so over whelming people offering me thoughts and advice thank you all so much. I agree there's two sides people may think the doctor used tough love and maybe wanted me to be shocked into losing weight but I just think she judged me on being over weight which I don't think doctors should do. I heard doctors could refer you to slimming world so when I asked her about it she told me she couldn't refer me but its only £5 that's £5 less I'll be spending on food! seriously who says that, it's just rude!

So I went along to SW today an joined, was really nervous walking in but actually wasn't that bad. I told her I didn't wanna talk in front of everyone an she said that's fine. 5 people joined today I felt like the biggest there! After joining I went shopping and bought lots of healthy SW foods to enjoy this week and was shocked it cost less than my normal shop and I got more than usual!

Really excited about the journey a head hehe xxxx

Well done, Poppy. Only just seen this thread and am horrified at how your GP spoke to you. What an attack on your self-esteem too but you've shown how strong you are by turning something horribly negative into something incredibly positive. Well done too for walking into a SW meeting on your own - it's a brilliant way to meet people in your new area. I have just restarted SW and, like you, am full of enthusiasm for my new way of eating. I lost 3 stone with SW in the past and was stupid enough to put it back on but now, with all the fantastic support and ideas on Minimins, I know I can do it again and so will you succeed. Good luck and keep posting with your progress. It'll be a great fingers up to that insensitive GP and what a wonderful reason to lose the weight! xx

Hey poppy, how have you been?? :)

Hi Hun :) I'm doing good ty Hun, have started a diary in the a lot to lose section. I lost 3 1/2lb this week hehe. How are you doing? Xxx

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.''

Hi Hun :) I'm doing good ty Hun, have started a diary in the a lot to lose section. I lost 3 1/2lb this week hehe. How are you doing? Xxx

"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.''

Oh that's fantastic! I will check out your diary ^.^

I'm doing okay! Lots of hard work this week, doesn't even feel like hard work cos I'm enjoying the plan so much heh =) me and my friend have been enjoying syn free today and lots of exercise. I'm sure a week is coming where it pays off big time!

3 stone to go! A mammoth mountain to climb but so worth the view at the top huh :)

Back