Tomatoes

Trevor

Ok, so tomatoes aren't on the list, but why are they considered a no go?

They're low in carbs, so wondered why everyone says no to them.

and lactic acid!

and lactic acid!
Researched since your "don't know" comment yesterday? :)

It's mad that you have to think of so many things before eating something on this diet. I appreciate it's worth it, but when you think that you've found something to aid the taste etc, something else kicks in to disallow it ha ha :)

No, you have to avoid lactic acid. I have no idea if tomatoes contain it. I knew you couldn't have citric acid too, but didn't make the connection.

Although I have lactic acid in tesco cream soda and I'm ok with it, just to confuse the matter!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yeah, some people are ok with citric acid too. I just don't want to try it just in case!

Ha ha, how confusing eh :)

Do either of you know of any good sites for a definitive list of what we can and can't have?

I've messaged S&S, as there are vegetable lists referred to on the site, which aren't on the site... Anyway, they said that they're planning on updating the lists and actually putting them on the site, along with a calculator to help us all out. Should be good when it's ready.

S&S told me in August that they were updating veggie list: still waiting lol.

Trevor - The easiest thing is to just stick to what SnS say you can have - then you know you're fine. All of the other issues only come into play if you are wanting to extend what they tell you to have. Personally I was happy with doing that but it does mean that you have to do research first unfortunately.

Back