Tongue Very Strange.......yellow with black spots

Chitty

Well, totally not happy today..........
I am fine, but..... as normal after a few days on SS, my tongue has gone yellowy in the middle and towards the back........ BUT>>>> I now have 2-3 small tiny black spots on it..

I mean, what are they, I've tried to look and it is freaking me out big time.
Answers on a postcard please...

If I go to the Doctors they will tell me to change my diet, I know they will. I think it is the diet, but I don't know why? I'm away tomorrow and it will be hard to SS, if spots are still there in the morning I may eat a little tomorrow to see if they go. It isn't an excuse to break diet as I'm not it is planned, but the little black spots are really worrying me... :sigh:

i had that all the way through...BUT im wondering if it was after i had listerine strips ....is it that in your case?

btw, on maintenance now and completely disappeared

h x

i had that all the way through...BUT im wondering if it was after i had listerine strips ....is it that in your case?

btw, on maintenance now and completely disappeared

h x

All the way through,,, how long was what? I've never had the listerine strips, did your spots feel funny in any way, I'm not sure if mine do or not...
They really are making me panic, I've done the Cd for a while on and off and my hubby thinks it is my body telling me to pack it in, but I'm so happy on the diet at the moment, I feel so strong and I know I can do it..
thanks for the reply. XXX

i started refeeding on week 13 and they disappeared when ketosis did ..and no didnt feel anything with them, they just looked very odd and it wasnt spots, more stripes on the tongue! wierd

h x

i started refeeding on week 13 and they disappeared when ketosis did ..and no didnt feel anything with them, they just looked very odd and it wasnt spots, more stripes on the tongue! wierd

h x

Hmm mine are little pin prick spots, if it is a tempory side effect I can live with it I suppose, but need to see if it is before I can carry on else I will worry my head off over it... black spot lurgy monster....

You do look fab bye the way and how wonderful, it is only April and you've done this in the New Year, that is really cool, someone who made thier New Year the year to lose weight and you have done it. Really well done.

iM ASSUMING THERE ISNT MANY, rIGHT?

Do they brush off chitty? x

Chitty, each time you brush your teeth, give your tongue a brush as well, because we're not chewing we're not producing as much saliva, which sort of keeps our tongues clean. x

I have been trying to do that, but I never had the problem before, thanks.....

I know i was just wondering if they are surface spots or within your tongue? x

The yellow will prob due to being dry and like Fi said lack of saliva may mean more plaque deposits, sorry if that sounds awful but its true! We will all have more plaque deposits due to less saliva to wash it off. The spots may be as result of that x

Cheers honey. I never really looked at my tongue to be honest but im a dental nurse and have seen patients with all sorts of strange tongues due to their mouths being dry. You can actually get artificail saliva sprays!! Dont know how they affect Ketosis though xxx

Back