Juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, crushed
1tsp freshly grated root ginger
1tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground corander
1tsp ground paprika
1tsp ground tumeric
4 salmon fillets, boneless, skin on

A delicious spicy dish, low in calories and saturated fat. Whether you're dieting or just want to watch what you're eating, this is a wonderfully tasty dish, simple to prepare and full of flavour. Salmon is a fantastic source of protein and essential omega 3 fats for health and vitality.

Instructions:

In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, curry paste, lemon juice and spices. Pour over the salmon fillets and coat thoroughly. Leave to marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.

Place the salmon skin side down on a lined baking sheet and grill for 10-15 minutes until cooked through and golden brown. Baste with any remaining marinade during cooking.

Serve with a leafy green salad and raita.

Nutritional Information:

Per serving:

calories 264kcal, carbohydrates 5.5g, total sugars 0.3g, protein 28.7g, total fats 14.6g, saturated fat 2.4g, fibre 0g, sodium 0.08g, calcium 122mg

Per 100g:

calories 135kcal, carbohydrates 2.8g, total sugars 0.2g, protein 14.7g, total fats 7.4g, saturated fats 1.2g, fibre 0g, sodium 0.045g, calcium 62mg

Hi all

Thought I would share one of my favourite recipes with you. This is something I have always cooked. I often made it for friends/family and it always went down a treat. It was originally a WW recipe but as time went on I altered it somewhat.

I will type it up as WW recommend it then add my own variations at the bottom.

Enjoy

Kat xx

Spicy Cabbage Parcels

Ingredients:

8 large savoy cabbage leaves
Low fat cooking spray
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
1 onion, diced
500s (1lb 2oz) extra lean minced beef
1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 tsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp tomato puree
100mls (31/2 fl oz) chicken stock made frm a cube
250g (9oz) rice

Method:

Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180'C/fan oven 160'C

Blanch the cabbage leaves in a large pan of salted boiling water for 8 mins then drawn and refresh in cold water and set aside.

Spray a pan with low fat spray and cook the onion and garlic for 2 mins before adding the mince. Cook for 6-8 mins until the beef is browned.

Stir in the chilli flakes and smoked paprika then the tomato puree and 100 mls of cold water. Simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally, until there is no liquid left.

Place a cabbage leaf on the work surface and spoon in a quarter of the spicy mince. Roll up the leaf and then roll another leaf around it. Place it in an ovenprooff dish. Repeat with the remaining mixture.

Pour the stock over the stuffed cabbage leaves and bake for 18 mins.

Meanwhile, cook the rice according to packet instructions then serve with the cabbage parcels.

Serves 4
10 mins to prepare
45 mins to cook

Variations:

I sometimes use quorn mince instead of beef mince as it reduces the calories and is a good vegetarian alternative.

You could dry fry the onion/garlic instead of using the low fat spray.

Ensure to use "smoked" paprika as it is just NOT the same with ordinary paprika.

If you like it a little spicier you can add some chopped fresh red chilli too.

Instead of serving with cabbage leaves or rice, I used to add the 100ml of chicken stock to the pan and let it reduce then when cooked, spoon the mixture into a pitta breads and top with a lil sour cream/fromage frais before serving - this option would all depend on calorie allowance/week of RTM etc...

I am going to make this tonight using quorn mince. Instead of a stock cube I will make up a lil swiss veg bouillon and add to the mixture. As I am on RTM week 3 and not able to have onion yet I will omit that. I will top with a few strips of spring onion and a lil very low fat fromage frais before serving to get that oniony crunch in there.

Kat xx

Another one I was asked to share today. This one will need tweaking depending on where you are at with RTM.

Enjoy

Kat xx

[FONT=&quot]Garlic, Herb & Smoked Ham Tagliatelle

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Serves 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Preparation & cooking time: 20 mins[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Calories per serving: 430[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Freezing not recommended[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]125g (4 ½ oz) tagliatelle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 garlic cloves[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 medium leek, chopped[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]250g (9oz) mushrooms, sliced[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]125 ml (4 fl oz) vegetable stock[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]125g (4 ½ oz) low-fat soft cheese, plain or garlic & herb[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]125g (4 ½ oz) wafer-thin smoked ham[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons skimmed milk[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Salt & freshly ground black pepper[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Method:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cook the tagliatelle in plenty of lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Meanwhile, place the garlic, leek, mushrooms and herbs in a large saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat then simmer for 10 minutes, until the leeks are soft.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Add the soft cheese, ham, milk and seasoning to the vegetables and mix together.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce tossing everything together well and serve immediately.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Variations:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] For vegetarian version just omit the ham and use vegetarian cheese.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]For a sweeter flavour, use onions instead of leeks.[/FONT]

damn lovely recipes
can i employ you guys for my kitchen :)

BL that sounds lovely :) and healthy aswell :)

Mixed Rice and Lentil Pilaf with Roast Vegetables, Cabbage and Caraway

Preheat oven to 200c

½ cup wild rice
1 ½ cups basmati brown rice
½ cup red lentils
¼ cup linseeds
2 cloves smoked garlic made into a paste with salt
5 cups water

Bring water to a boil and add salt if you wish. Stir in garlic paste and wild rice and simmer covered about 5-8 minutes.
Add brown rice. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook 10 minutes.
Add lentils and seeds, return to gentle simmer, cover and cook about 10 minutes. You may need to add more water at this stage.

Should take about 25-30 minutes max to cook the grains. When cooked to your preference of texture, turn off heat. Can keep covered until veggies are ready. Is good at room temperature also.

Meanwhile, prepare:
2 Carrots, cut into 1” chunks
1 red onion, stem left intact, quartered
2 peppers, any colour, cut into 1”chunks
1-2 leaks cut into 2” lengths.
Several cloves smoked garlic, you do not need to remove paper. Regular garlic is fine.
½ savoy cabbage cut into 1” slices
Sea salt
Black peppers
Caraway seeds.

In a roasting dish, very lightly drizzle a small amount of olive oil over all the vegetables except the cabbage. Season with Salt and pepper to taste and give a stir

In a separate pan, or tray, lay out cabbage in a single layer. Drizzle with a bit of olive oil, season with Salt and pepper and sprinkle caraway seeds over.

Roast Vegetables for about 30 minutes, Cabbage only takes about 20.

Serve the roasted veg and garlic with the pilaf.

Food for the soul. J

Awesome Rice Salad

This came to me about 3am. I almost got up and made it then!! lol But it is gorgeous. As usual, no real measurements - just use to your taste, and sense, but if you have any questions fire away!

Few cups of the Rice Pilaf from the previous recipe
couple of Kiwi, peeled and sliced
bunch of spring onions, sliced,
small yellow bell pepper, diced
about 1/4 red onion sliced thin
couple of satsumas, peeled and sectioned
ripe avocado, peeled and cut in to chunks

dressing: juice of one lime, 2-3 tablespoons olive oil, 1 tablespoon sesame oil, clove of smoked garlic sliced thin, small amount of sugar, cayenne pepper, coconut S&P.

Top with roasted seeds.

Scrummmy! Makes a great big bowl full for about 4 or 5 meals ahead.

Yummy ! thanks

humus is something that I think is best avoided for me. I litterally could eat a bath full. It would be such a trigger.....and it does not fill me up or even satisfy me...its like an empty dip, because its so blended I could not see it as highly calorific (I knew it was) but the high card, fat and protein combo in easily consumable availability...no bad food to be avoided, in whatever form. I would eat more humus that chocolate or crisps.

I dont think snack type foods are something that I will be considering any time soon.

Im hoping for full square meals, cut out snacks. conscious eating, and for me that would be diffiuclt with humus as i know I would have a conveyer belt attitude to eating it.

The only thing that makes hummus fattening is the copius amounts of olive oil typically used.

By substituting the oil with Quark (I use FF fromage Frais) then it essentially becomes a low fat healthy food.

I use it as a spread on wraps, instead of cream cheese or other spreadable things. A little goes a long way, and chick peas are low GI so they sustain hunger.

Good to know your boundaries though FLex, and if you think it would be a trigger, then avoid it = but there are ways to make it low fat. Or even non fat.

I love the stuff. Fromage Frais is nice because its softer and looser - I would think quark would make it quite stiff - but that would be good for spreading, etc.

Thanks for the recipe. :)

I'm so glad that I have found this forum :) all these recipes look fab and I can't wait to start trying them out for myself. Only a few more days left to go then I can start eating again :D

Last edited:
I posted these on the LLL recipe thread, but would work on various stages of RTM too!

Chicken fajitas - Generously serves 2!

2 chicken breasts sliced
1 onion thinly sliced
1 red pepper thinly sliced
1 yellow pepper thinkly sliced
1 beef tomato chopped into small cubes
1 pot fat free yoghurt (I use Total)
chopped chillies or Tobasco sauce
1/2 sachet of Schwartz Mexican fajita spice mix
1 large lettuce

• cook the fajitas according to the instructions on the spice packet
  • use the large lettuce leaves to wrap the chicken mixture, yoghurt, tomato and chillies.

Lamb Tagine - slow cooker recipe Serves 2

100g black/green lentils
300g lean lamb chopped into chunks
3 carrots chopped into large chunks
1 large onion chopped into large chunks
2 cans of chopped tomatoes
3 cloves of garlic
2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp ground ginger
1-2 tsp chilli powder (depending how spicy you like)
handful of finely chopped rosmary

• put carrots, onion and lentils into the slow cooker
  • brown meat quickly in some fry light and place on top of veg
  • mix garlic and herbs into the tomatoes and pour over meat
  • season generously with salt and pepper
  • cook on low for about 6 hours until the meat starts to fall apart and the lentils are tender
  • serve with green veg if required

Back