Too much cola zaps muscle power

Jim

Big Boy
Excessive cola consumption can lead to anything from mild weakness to profound muscle paralysis, doctors are warning.

LINK HERE

I think the key phrases here are :

Australian ostrich farmer who needed emergency care for lung paralysis after drinking 4-10 litres of cola a day.

And:

...pregnant woman who regularly consumed up to three litres a day for the last six years and complained of tiredness, appetite loss and persistent vomiting...

:rolleyes:

Of course - too much of anything will cause side-effects...! Cola isn't good for us by any means, but linking it to all these different things in a few extreme cases is a little silly. :D

A little cola can be good for a sluggish bowel,it can speed up digestion and improve bowel function.Again,its important not to drink to much,and to drink it after a meal not before,as drinking cola on an empty stomach increases blood sugar levels.

This is interesting cos my 16yo brother told us y'day that he faints 3-4 times a year over the last few years, only just realised how often it was when it happened again tues/weds. He drinks an awful lot of coke in particular plus other so-called energy drinks. I must mention this article to Mum.

saw on aol news other day that venezuela has banned sales of coke zero due to 'dangerous chemicals'.

I am so addicted to diet coke, I don't know if I could stop. These findings may just scare me enough to do it, though.

Coke lovers check the labels and avoid the Aspartame sweetener....Ive read some really scary stuff about this (tumours, paralysis the list goes on) Sainsburys have now stopped using it in their products which is brilliant. Ive got three children and the amount of stuff its in is very alarming......just thought I'd mention it:)

has normal full fat coke got 'Aspartame sweetener'?

because i only drink full fat coke, ive cut down, probably drink 2-3 litres a week maximum. but i wont ever be able to give up coke, its the one thing i enjoy. i dont smoke or take drugs or drink, so coke is my only 'thing' i do.

has normal full fat coke got 'Aspartame sweetener'?

because i only drink full fat coke, ive cut down, probably drink 2-3 litres a week maximum. but i wont ever be able to give up coke, its the one thing i enjoy. i dont smoke or take drugs or drink, so coke is my only 'thing' i do.

Normal coke doesn't have the sweetner... just has cups and cups of sugar in it instead! :D

ok i guess im safe then....

and in trouble at the same time...

Personally there is no real research to suggest that certain artificial sweetners do any damage. In BUCKET loads OF COURSE they do. But then again, in buckets everything will kill us.
I'd rather have the moderate amount of sweetners than an unpredictable amount of sugar... To be fair, it's not the sweetners in DC we should be afraid of... it's all the other chemicals... god knows what long term effect THEY have...

ASDA do a really nice diet coke with no aspartame.

It's worth shopping around to see which supermarkets do the nicest aspartame free cola - it's also healthier for your wallet! ;)

Back