Too much fruit????

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Annabobble, 3 August 2010 Social URL.

1. Annabobble

Annabobble Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    Ok so all I've been eating lately is fruit salad and veg (as well as the protein and carbs etc...)

But (and it's a bit embarrassing here) I've not stopped farting :sigh: I was worried so went on the internet to see what I could find and come across this...

Eating too much fruit can make you fat | Mail Online

Now I'm worried I'm eating too much fruit, I normally have 4-5 pieces of fruit a day. Today I had salad for lunch and salad for dinner.....

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    The problem with articles in the Daily Mail is that they tend to follow their editorial policy of "let's see what we can make women feel guilty about today"!

Overeating of anything is going to cause problems, obviously, but I personally don't think that your fruit consumption is anything to worry about.

I see you haven't been doing SW for very long. If you have not been used to eating a lot of fruit and vegetables in the past, then it might take a while for your digestive system to get used to it. Things will probably settle down. If not, you might have to make some adjustments.

And remember - reading too many tabloid newspapers is definitely bad for your health!!!!

4. farmer me

farmer me Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5.5lb(9.95%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    a lad in our group has lost nearly 4 stone but had been up the last 2 weeks , he cut down on his fruit intake and he was down the next week , now he could have been eating alot of fruit

5. sugar_lipswales

sugar_lipswales Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    7st10lb(36.73%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    You can't listen to the Mail, they only tell you what apparently makes you fat or gives you cancer! lmao!

6. Chicaloca

Chicaloca Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st10lb
    Current Weight:
    20st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.38%)
    Diet:
    sw
    And then blame it all on immigrants, lol! :D

7. 10st10lbs

10st10lbs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    10st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5.33%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Nail. Head. Bang!

8. teresa32uk

teresa32uk Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    With regards to your wind issue, I had the same problem at the beginning but as the weeks went on these decreased. The way i look at it is, 4 or 5 pieces of fruit is so much better for you than 4 or 5 biscuits. I have had days where after looking at my fruit and veg intake i have eaten 15 servings and still lost weight.

9. Alcoholiday

Alcoholiday Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    The simple saying goes, if you think you're hungry, have a glass of water, if you really are hungry, have a piece of fruit.

Fruit does have calories , so if you are eating it by the bucketful then you are going to notice the difference.

Moral of the story is, don't eat for the sake of eating, only eat if you're hungry.

10. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    I put weight on if I eat too much fruit. I'm very sensitive to the sugars in it. Some days I have no fruit at all, just veg. Suits me better.
    We've discussed this on here before and a few people find the same - better weight losses with less fruit. If you think it's affecting your weight loss result, cut down a bit and see what happens.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.