Too much pressure.....apparently

melonball

So my consultant thinks I'm trying too hard and putting too much pressure on myself to get my 5st which is proving elusive.
The problem is I'm not sure how to do this any other way!!
I stick to plan most days (I have the occasional blow out afternoon or evening).
I flip between weeks of red or green and occasional EE.
I have cut my gym down to 3 time this week as I'm exhausted by Thursday after 4am wake up calls and 4 gym sessions.

I'm not sure what to do differently?

I've planned my food for the next few days and made a big batch of soup (lentils dahl soup!) And am going to have 2 early nights to see if that helps.

Any other ideas? I still have half a pound to go for that 5st award.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi melonball
Well done on your journey so far x
I feel your pain, I'm half a pound short of my 6st award (and have been for last couple of weeks) - it's proving really elusive. As I had a blowout at weekend (big bbq party at ours...lots of wine drunk which then means I make crappy choices!) I very much doubt I'll get it at weigh in on weds evening (and may even put on) :-( .
I may be wrong but I suspect what your consultant is trying to get you to do is not to get so hung up on your "failure" to get that award (as we're all programmed to focus on what we've not achieved, rather than the huge achievement you've done so far) but to ease up on the self-applied pressure. We're all told to break up our planned weightloss into mini-targets but sometimes we focus so much on the next target we forget to look back at how far we've come already. my consultant knows how important those shiny stickers are to me but she said to me to always talk to myself the way I'd talk to a friend... After all would you allow a friend to get disheartened because they were 1/2 pound short (and had poss hit a plateau..which you will get past) or would you remind them of how brilliantly they've done already? that really hit home with me cos I've been here before about 10 yes ago, hit a "wall" and rather than sticking it out, I gave up and put 4.5st back on (along with another 2st).
Can I ask how much you've got left to lose? It sounds like you're doing the right thing by changing the plans about (maybe throw in the odd success express day?).
The last bit of the journey is often the hardest but we can do it ;-) perhaps we can support and motivate each other.
Sorry about long post..but this struck a chord with me.

I stick to plan most days (I have the occasional blow out afternoon or evening).

I think you've answered your own question here! Stick to plan every day and you will get to target!

Hi melonball
Well done on your journey so far x
I feel your pain, I'm half a pound short of my 6st award (and have been for last couple of weeks) - it's proving really elusive. As I had a blowout at weekend (big bbq party at ours...lots of wine drunk which then means I make crappy choices!) I very much doubt I'll get it at weigh in on weds evening (and may even put on) :-( .
I may be wrong but I suspect what your consultant is trying to get you to do is not to get so hung up on your "failure" to get that award (as we're all programmed to focus on what we've not achieved, rather than the huge achievement you've done so far) but to ease up on the self-applied pressure. We're all told to break up our planned weightloss into mini-targets but sometimes we focus so much on the next target we forget to look back at how far we've come already. my consultant knows how important those shiny stickers are to me but she said to me to always talk to myself the way I'd talk to a friend... After all would you allow a friend to get disheartened because they were 1/2 pound short (and had poss hit a plateau..which you will get past) or would you remind them of how brilliantly they've done already? that really hit home with me cos I've been here before about 10 yes ago, hit a "wall" and rather than sticking it out, I gave up and put 4.5st back on (along with another 2st).
Can I ask how much you've got left to lose? It sounds like you're doing the right thing by changing the plans about (maybe throw in the odd success express day?).
The last bit of the journey is often the hardest but we can do it ;-) perhaps we can support and motivate each other.
Sorry about long post..but this struck a chord with me.

Oh my took me a while to reply as your post choked me up. Definitely up for some shared support and motivation. I've got 8 1/2 lbs to target. I'm going to try and be kinder to my body this week. I get up mega early for work (4am) and quite often survive on 5 hours sleep so this week I'm going to have a couple of early nights, and not do 5 high intensity gym classes. Hopefully that could help too.
Lol tried success express twice and put on both times!! Not sure how!!
Thanks for your message really changed my mind set for the day

I think you've answered your own question here! Stick to plan every day and you will get to target!

Ok when I mean most days I mean a chocolate bar off plan every couple of weeks, not like a huge binge weekly.

Oh my took me a while to reply as your post choked me up. Definitely up for some shared support and motivation. I've got 8 1/2 lbs to target. I'm going to try and be kinder to my body this week. I get up mega early for work (4am) and quite often survive on 5 hours sleep so this week I'm going to have a couple of early nights, and not do 5 high intensity gym classes. Hopefully that could help too.
Lol tried success express twice and put on both times!! Not sure how!!
Thanks for your message really changed my mind set for the day

I'm glad my wittering made sense!
You're nearly there melonball..it would be such a shame to jeopardise it all. Although I've heard it said that the last half a stone is the hardest (but it'll be the sweetest feeling when you get there). When do you weigh in?
Fingers crossed for my weigh in tomorrow - I've not yet set my final target (I think it'll be another stone -ish. I'll know when I get there.) I'll keep you posted. Let's hope we both break through this 'wall' soon.
Jo

I'm glad my wittering made sense!
You're nearly there melonball..it would be such a shame to jeopardise it all. Although I've heard it said that the last half a stone is the hardest (but it'll be the sweetest feeling when you get there). When do you weigh in?
Fingers crossed for my weigh in tomorrow - I've not yet set my final target (I think it'll be another stone -ish. I'll know when I get there.) I'll keep you posted. Let's hope we both break through this 'wall' soon.
Jo

On that note, the man of the year was in our group, he lost 17 stone in 18 months and said it took another 8 months to shift the last 8.5lbs. I'm sure you will get there melonball!

The last stone definitely is the hardest, I got my 4 1/2 stone at the beginning of May!!!
Good luck for your weigh in tonight.
Are you on Ins-tag-ram?

Well first day of taking it easy was ok, had an early night last night but then have been awake since 1am!! So hopefully I can keep it up today. Luckily I should be finished work by lunchtime! And my sore throat is in overdrive, so all I can stomach for breakfast is a smoothie not SW but its no more fruit than I'd normally have, so it'll have to do!

I'm really chuffed.. Got my 6st sticker today (****** knows how but I'll take it) with a 2.5 lb loss, taking me to 6st 2lbs in total. So if I can break thru this barrier, so can you melonball. I'm keeping everything crossed for you...sending positive thoughts your way. I'm not on *********, I'm afraid but do keep on touch as I'd love to share progress x

Well done that's a fabulous result!!
I'm going to keep posting in this thread for now :)

How are you doing today, melonball? How's the throat? Could you maybe freeze some yoghurt to ease it or perhaps some sugarfree jelly?

Hey Jo, well yesterday I woke up with toothache and a sore throat so it was smoothie again for breakfast. But by the end of the day I was actually feeling human! Lol
Today I've even managed a lie in!! (No really I'm usually up for work at 4am!) And I feel loads better for it! So hopefully for the first time I can have a proper on plan day. . . . . .but relaxed about it. . . . . .
On a good note I finished my Woman of the Year entry last night!!
Was really proud to be nominated by my group, hope I do them proud in the next round!!

Hey Jo, well yesterday I woke up with toothache and a sore throat so it was smoothie again for breakfast. But by the end of the day I was actually feeling human! Lol
Today I've even managed a lie in!! (No really I'm usually up for work at 4am!) And I feel loads better for it! So hopefully for the first time I can have a proper on plan day. . . . . .but relaxed about it. . . . . .
On a good note I finished my Woman of the Year entry last night!!
Was really proud to be nominated by my group, hope I do them proud in the next round!!

I'm so pleased to hear you're feeling more yourself..it's amazing what a decent night's sleep can do. Glad you're able to plan your meals too (that's always been the key for good results for me).

You're your group's woman of the year..wow what a recognition (it goes to show how you've been motivating others). I was nominated (along with 3 others) which was a real honour and a lady who has reached target won for our group. I understand the forms are a bit lengthy! Keep us posted on your progress. I must say I found that the necessity of digging out an old 'before' (they're more rare than rocking horse poo as I avoid the camera, even now) reminded me of just what a difference the last year has made. When I passed round my photos, several people didn't believe it was me! I've still got a way to go but it's good to see how far we've come. Did you find some 'scary' photos, like me?

Well I knew the scary photos were there!! Lol. but seeing the difference was shocking!

Booked a gym class for this morning, quite looking forward to it!

Then some shopping as I'm making soup for the weekend!

Sounds like you've got your planning mojo back....making batches of soup - very impressed! I love sw soups but I don't feel full for long with them (although I may not include the right things). I've struggled to be organised and to plan during the summer holidays, but my daughter and I are back to school next week and I'll get back to a routine - I've got to get organised as I've got to get my super-intelligent son, who has no common sense, ready to go off to uni! (I'm dreading the emotional roller-coaster that October's going to bring)

Yep, felt pretty good today not 100% but better than I did.

I usually find September a rough month (no idea why!!) So as it starts in a few hours my goal is just to have a happy and positive month! (Not positive in weight though! ;)
And it's weigh day tomorrow!!
October sounds like it's going to be tough, how are you thinking about dealing with it?

Yep, felt pretty good today not 100% but better than I did.

I usually find September a rough month (no idea why!!) So as it starts in a few hours my goal is just to have a happy and positive month! (Not positive in weight though! ;)
And it's weigh day tomorrow!!
October sounds like it's going to be tough, how are you thinking about dealing with it?

Good luck for weigh in today...I'll have everything crossed for you x

If September's a bit of a sticky time for you (perhaps it's because it feels like the end of the summer?) at least you're aware of it and have set a reasonable goal :)

October will be OK (I know I'm going to embarrass him by blubbing but at least I won't be a blob!)..lots to do, sort and buy these next few weeks so that'll keep me busy. He'll only be gone for 8 - 9 week terms and will be back in between (Oxford cram it in to shorter terms..unbearably proud mother alert!) and my husband and I still have 13yr old daughter to slam doors, complain, sulk, grunt and remind us of why some animals eat their own young!! so the nest won't be empty :D. The other thing I'll have constantly remind myself is that my closest friend's son (who is only a year older than mine) is in the navy on submarines so when he's gone, he's actually gone and she can't contact him when she wants to so I can hardly feel upset that he's living 150 miles away :)

I'll be thinking of you for WI today... Keep us posted. I'm sure you've chipped away at these last few pounds but I reckon there's a shiny sticker with your name in it.
Jo

Back