Too much water???

Giselle

Hi. I'm wondering if it is possible to drink too much water. I started taking Xenical 3 days ago, no side effects (whew) as of yet.
There is a state of the art gym where I work and I am proud to say I spent my lunch hour on the tread mill. I plan to join the drop in spin class tomorrow!
Oh, my question...I set a goal to drink 3 litres of water today thinking this would be difficult, but it's just about bedtime and I just finished litre 5! Is this too much?:confused:
Thank you in advance,
Giselle

im sure i read some ware that 2/3 LTRS is the norm.. but depends on who you are, and what your doing?
im thinking if you drink plenty! thats enough! lol.. well done with the side effects! im just the same.. its just not that difficult really, eat to much fat, get the trots..
though some "apparently" good foods can bend the rules!.. "so be careful"
well done sooo far, im sure we will be seeing less of you swoon!! lol
sam.......x

Hi hun, please read the following link.

http://www.minimins.com/xenical/221304-water-importance.html

This link includes a water calculator. Everyone should drink 2-3 litres a day as standard, however, people who diet and do exercise need extra, the amount depends on your height, weight, sex, where you live, alititude, this will calculate it for you. I have further water information if you need it. Jillian Michaels has a great few pages on the importance of water in her book, I'd be happy to copy it out for you on here.

Good luck

good god bunny-hop,
ive just followed that link... and it telling me i need 4.1 LTRS..
thats a bleedin lot!.. (almost a gallon)
would it be stupid to freeze that amount "maybe in to a turkey mould".. lol
8 pints of water a day who could possibly do that??
if it were larger id manage it though fur sure!
sam......x

Last edited:
I have 5 litres of water a day, that includes what I have in cups of tea too :)

I'll leave the information from Jillian Michaels' book later :)

I have 5 litres of water a day, that includes what I have in cups of tea too :)

I'll leave the information from Jillian Michaels' book later :)
thats staggering
....."you must slosh about when you walk"....
but never far from the loo though im thinking!!! .. :eek:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I took the quiz it says about 3.6 litres is recommended for me under normal conditions. We are in a heat wave (32.5 C) so 5 litres might be just enough to keep me from melting! Lol!
Haven't had anything but water, other than a cup of coffee this a.m and a can of Diet Dr. Pepper. I have a nasty addiction to (usaully regular) Dr. Pepper and until Friday I typically drank at least 2 litres of the tasty junk a day. I'm hoping if I indulge with a diet soda once in awhile I won't feel too deprived and maybe see the benefits of a calorie free choice.
Would be interested to read what Jillian Michaels recommends also.
Thanks again!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
I took the quiz it says about 3.6 litres is recommended for me under normal conditions. We are in a heat wave (32.5 C) so 5 litres might be just enough to keep me from melting! Lol!
Haven't had anything but water, other than a cup of coffee this a.m and a can of Diet Dr. Pepper. I have a nasty addiction to (usaully regular) Dr. Pepper and until Friday I typically drank at least 2 litres of the tasty junk a day. I'm hoping if I indulge with a diet soda once in awhile I won't feel too deprived and maybe see the benefits of a calorie free choice.
Would be interested to read what Jillian Michaels recommends also.
Thanks again!

I'll add that info here tomorrow :)

Thank you everyone!
I have moved over to Atkins. Atkins is a lifestyle I can live with, and I really want to stick to it this time and lose my biggish butt!
Thanks for help and encouragement!
Good luck all. :)

Back