Too scared to be fat

Vickyb84

Hi everyone.
5 years ago I lost 6st to start ivf.
We had our beautiful daughter and for that I will always be grateful.
After I had her for the 1st time I really struggled with myself and started to comfort eat.
Since the covid-19 outbreak I have been terrified of catching it and because I am Over weight I am even more worried and keep over thinking everything.
So 2mrow I will start my lighter life journey.
I'm scared .... but I will do this..... for my health and for our amazing 4 year old daughter.
Wish me luck

Hi 😊
I’m new here too and I’m calorie counting.
The Covid situation really does make you think about the effects of being carrying extra weight doesn’t it. Ideally I need to loose 6 stone in total and I definitely feel the need to lose as much as I can before I start to go out of the house again.
Lots of luck for your new journey! Is Lighter Life the way you lost weight before?

I think we are living in extraordinary times and it is affecting all of us. For many people it’s causing strange dreams, overthinking things, anxiety etc. So I think how you are feeling is normal. I share your concern about the effect of COVID on those with a BMI over 30 (over 40 is even worse and mine is over 40). I was concerned about the health effects of my weight before this and had started losing weight, but reading every day about COVID has made me even more determined to do something.
The good thing is that you have done this before and you were rewarded with your daughter. You can do it again. There is lots of support on here. We all have a bit of a wobble now and again (especially with the effects of lockdown) but there is always someone here with good advice.
Wishing you the very best of luck. You can do this.

I have found everyone on this forum helpful and supportive. Believe me we will all support you and all the best with your journey

I think we are living in extraordinary times and it is affecting all of us. For many people it’s causing strange dreams, overthinking things, anxiety etc. So I think how you are feeling is normal. I share your concern about the effect of COVID on those with a BMI over 30 (over 40 is even worse and mine is over 40). I was concerned about the health effects of my weight before this and had started losing weight, but reading every day about COVID has made me even more determined to do something.
The good thing is that you have done this before and you were rewarded with your daughter. You can do it again. There is lots of support on here. We all have a bit of a wobble now and again (especially with the effects of lockdown) but there is always someone here with good advice.
Wishing you the very best of luck. You can do this.
That you for your message
I've just woken up and it gave me the motivation I need for today. X⅕

So....
Day 1 is almost over.
I have mixed emotions.
I checked my bmi.... its 44.
I felt like crying.
My biggest issue is..... I have no one to talk to about any of this.
I'm 35.... my husband is super fit. Runs 10k every other day. He dont understand.
All my friends are fit and healthy.
My family all have their own weight issues to deal with.
The only person who knows about my diet is my husband.. I feel too ashamed to say it out loud to anyone else.
I feel like I'm a fat failure and why did i let this happen to myself. Before our daughter my bmi was 28.
I just feel so low.... im Sure i can get there again x

You have plenty of people you can talk to on here who can all relate in some way to how you are feeling.

I was in a serious car accident around 3 years ago and because of that wasn’t mobile for a long time - 6 months in a wheelchair and then a long road to walking again. I still need a walking stick a lot of the time. In that time I knew I was putting weight on (and I was already overweight before my accident) but I was in a bit of denial as I hadn’t got weighed. A routine GP appointment just before Christmas was the first time I got weighed and I was horrified. 22stone and a BMI over 49.

That smack of reality was really hard, but it was just what I needed and I vowed that after Christmas and New Year I would do something. When I did my first weigh in at home on 6th January I’d lost 3lbs since my doctors appointment. I use my own weigh in as my start weight on here.

You've done the hard part by establishing your weight and start point and in doing so have confronted reality. That’s really hard and a big step. You can’t do anything to change having got to this point, so don’t dwell on it. Focus on getting it back down to where you want to be.

You need to set yourself some short term goals or you may get overwhelmed with what you are facing. I found that very helpful and I always have 3 or 4 goals on the go. As I achieve one, I add another. Hopefully this will help me stay focused and also get a sense of achievement as this is a long journey for me. Hold on to how you are feeling tonight - if you have a wobble at any point remember how you feel and use that as motivation to keep on track. That has really helped me at times. It’s really good you’ve put it in your diary. When you have a wobble you can look back at how you feel tonight and use It to re-motivate, but you also have it so you can see how far you’ve come.

Only my partner and parents know. I quite like that and I’ve found in that sense that the lockdown helps. Hopefully when I do get to see people again they’ll see a difference.

I still say you are in a good place as you have lost weight successfully before. You can do it again. Keep posting - we’re here to help x

Last edited:
You have plenty of people you can talk to on here who can all relate in some way to how you are feeling.

I was in a serious car accident around 3 years ago and because of that wasn’t mobile for a long time - 6 months in a wheelchair and then a long road to walking again. I still need a walking stick a lot of the time. In that time I knew I was putting weight on (and I was already overweight before my accident) but I was in a bit of denial as I hadn’t got weighed. A routine GP appointment just before Christmas was the first time I got weighed and I was horrified. 22stone and a BMI over 49.

That smack of reality was really hard, but it was just what I needed and I vowed that after Christmas and New Year I would do something. When I did my first weigh in at home on 6th January I’d lost 3lbs since my doctors appointment. I use my own weigh in as my start weight on here.

You've done the hard part by establishing your weight and start point and in doing so have confronted reality. That’s really hard and a big step. You can’t do anything to change having got to this point, so don’t dwell on it. Focus on getting it back down to where you want to be.

You need to set yourself some short term goals or you may get overwhelmed with what you are facing. I found that very helpful and I always have 3 or 4 goals on the go. As I achieve one, I add another. Hopefully this will help me stay focused and also get a sense of achievement as this is a long journey for me. Hold on to how you are feeling tonight - if you have a wobble at any point remember how you feel and use that as motivation to keep on track. That has really helped me at times. It’s really good you’ve put it in your diary. When you have a wobble you can look back at how you feel tonight and use It to re-motivate, but you also have it so you can see how far you’ve come.

Only my partner and parents know. I quite like that and I’ve found in that sense that the lockdown helps. Hopefully when I do get to see people again they’ll see a difference.

I still say you are in a good place as you have lost weight successfully before. You can do it again. Keep posting - we’re here to help x
Sounds like u are doing amazing.
Well done.
Thank you for sharing xx

Hi 😊
I’m new here too and I’m calorie counting.
The Covid situation really does make you think about the effects of being carrying extra weight doesn’t it. Ideally I need to loose 6 stone in total and I definitely feel the need to lose as much as I can before I start to go out of the house again.
Lots of luck for your new journey! Is Lighter Life the way you lost weight before?
Thank you for your message.
Wish you all the best with your weight loss journey.

Last time I did the cambridge diet. Very similar.
The reason I did not go back to that was you have to see a consultant. Which is fine.
But I really just do not get the time.
I'm still working as I work on retail banking. So I'm leaving the house 4 days a week.
I would love to surprise my family when they see me next with at least 2 st off.
I've not told anyone other then my husband what I'm doing.
I feel like if u tell people it adds to the pressure xx

Day 3 almost completed
Going to have an early night.
Had such a busy week at work.
Came home from work and walked right back out the door and took my 4year old out for a walk at the local nature reserve.
I've not had this much energy for such a long time.
Just looking at her face makes me feel like I have to do this.

End of day 4
Stuck to plan.
Went on a 2.5 mile walk with the family this morning and then feel asleep lol. Not done that in years.
Tonight my husband and daughter had a takeaway.
I stayed on plan. I did have some pop crips.... still part of the plan. You can have up too 2 bags a week.
But they were on my meal planner for 2mrow.
I'll just not have any 2mrow. Think Saturday nights will be the time I have pop crips. We normally have snacks on a Saturday so it sort of fits our natural life style x
Hope everyone is doing well xx

Back