TooFatKats diary of desperation ..(and hope)

I would agree with the yucky kidney beans - but I love humous so assuming I'd like the chickpeas!!

I've lost my aim for a green week - had two red days already lol!! Oh well it's still on plan! Xx

How are you finding this week?! Xx

I do a recipe for virtually fat free humous

Tin of chick peas blitzed in mixer until very fine
Add half a tub of quark
Garlic and lemon juice to personal taste

Indulge yourself

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Off to do my shift in the local foodbank . I enjoy this time of the week. We think about food so much , what we can and can't eat but when you meet people like I do here who can't even buy s loaf of bread it makes you come back to reality and be thankful that I can afford food and have choices in what I want to eat.
We give food to people struggling . They get 3 days worth of meals with a menu. It's not food I would want to eat long term as it has to be tinned but has been nutritionally balanced as far as possible.

So, today, whatever you are doing and eating be thankful you can.

And if you want to help others eat. Look up your nearest trussell trust foodbank and give them a few items.

Make someones day today :)

I didn't know kidney beans were poisonous. I was reading my slow cooker cook book and it said in there. That's a nice thing you do Kat :)

Thats a very kind thing to do Kat, I speak to people daily through my job who use the service, amongst a few others. Its a tough time for people out there, and its groups like so, that help them survive. :)

It is. Yesterday a 17 year old was brought in. Bad life . Not at home, applied for benefits last week but might take up to 4 weeks fir her to get anything!! It's appalling.

Kidney beans are only poisonous if you use the dried ones and don't cook them for long enough before eating. You won't have the problem with canned ones.
Their yumminess outweighs the risk :)

Kidney beans are soooooo yummy! :)

Yes love them in spag Bol mince mix.. Bit like a chilli con carn without chilli lol with rice!

I'm watchfully to write an awful essay that should have been in last Friday!! I've got an extension but today is D day :( it's the worst one yet. To top it off it's also TOTM ! It sure as he'll comes round far too quickly :( I've had a green week this week to try and shock my bod into submission and speeding up the losses. But now it looks like I'm not going to have such a great loss on Tuesday at SW . It's also my monthly WI at the docs on wednsday and after such a slow month or two I wanted to show her that it was still coming off so I can keep the xen.
Time to drink lots if water I think

Lol yes. By the skin of my teeth! I uploaded it to the VLE at 11.06 pm :)
So I had an hour spare. I could have written another one !
It was the worst thing I've ever had to write but it was pretty good in the end.

How have you been doing?! Sorry I've been off for a lil while well done on the loss this week - slow and steady wins the race eh!? I'm on the same path as you !!! Xx

Ive finally done it!!:)
Ive had my doctors weigh in this morning and Ive broken that 15 stone barrier :) Im now officially in the 14's :talk017:

So, now to hit 14st by christmas, then I'll be ecstatic.

Well done Kat!...I never doubted for one minutue that you wouldn't do it!.

I'm so pleased for you, and hopefully that will give you the boost you've needed. :)

toofatkat said:
Ive finally done it!!:)
Ive had my doctors weigh in this morning and Ive broken that 15 stone barrier :) Im now officially in the 14's :talk017:

So, now to hit 14st by christmas, then I'll be ecstatic.

Well done that's fantastic! You must feel so good having achieved that!

I do feel good. It's a mental barrier for me. Another half a stone and I'll be lighter than I've been since my middle child was born in 1994 :)

You'll get there! I know it! :)

Back