• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

toothpaste

lady24

Silver Member
does anyone know if you can you use any toothpaste you want on this diet? i always thought you could so never questioned it befor, never been told by the chemist to use a certain type anyway, but i came across an old thread today (all the way back from 2008 lol) that said something about how aquafresh could knock you out of ketosis because it contains glycerin .... i was like noooway surely the pharmacist would of mentioned something like this to me, does this have some truth to it? or am i right in thinking you can use ANY? xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 10st11lb C: 10st11lb G: 8st13lb BMI: 26.7 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
My pharmacist never mentioned it, but my colleague from work's pharmacist said she could only use Euthyml.
All the other toothpastes contain added ingredients that can kick you out of ketosis.
I thought it was ridiculous 'cause you don't really swallow it.
But it's not the first time I heard it

It tastes really strong!
You know when you go to the dentist for a cleaning, and they use that bright pink stuff?
That's the one! Though because it's very strong, it does take care of the bad breath very well.
I take it to work to brush now and then

glitzybug

S: 15st10lb G: 10st2lb
Hi guys,
My pharmacist assured me that any toothpaste will do so dont worry about what one you use. However, there is only a certain mouthwash that you can use, it has to be mint flavoured.
Ger X

Hmmm, my pharmacist told me I can only use Listerine original, because anything with added mint isn't allowed :confused:

Oh how consistent they all are!

Zenaworrier

Back to reality!
S: 85kg C: 80kg G: 60kg BMI: 30.9 Loss: 5kg(5.87%)
Sorry to hijack this slightly but my question is along the same lines! I was also wondering if breath sprays are OK? You know the ones you just squirt in your mouth? I work in a shopping centre and don't have staff toilets so feel a bit awkward using mouthwash in the public loos!

I was told not to use the mint mouthwash too.
you would wonder sometimes whats true and whats not.

so many of us get the info from the "professionals" lol

Lori G

S: 13st0lb G: 9st9lb
Hi All,

Am new to the site and just been reading about mouthwash & toothpaste (omg you forget its not just food!) I am suffering from some bad mouth ulcers after having a tooth removed so have been using Anbesol gel for "some" slight relief, now am worried this may knock me out of ketosis as I have been feeling weak and nearly ate some chicken last night after being 100% TFR for 2 weeks!

Does anyone have any advice on Anbesol and other medicines??

Lori

Tootiefrootie

Wants it Gone!
S: 15st5lb C: 15st5lb G: 11st0.3lb BMI: 30.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I asked the pharmacist this very question I was with her today, she said that any toothpaste is fine, it's the mouthwash we have to be careful... plain Oraldene or plain Listerine are fine anything else is a big no no!

Im happy with the "you can use any toothpaste" because I like to use Euthmyol as I feel it "cleans" the bad bacteria away :D