Top Tips for Dukan

Farmfoods sell BIG bags of king prawns for £5.95 and they are gorgeous. A full bag lasts me about four days and I nibble on them as fillers in-between meals and throw a few in an omelette. Also at farmfoods they do bags of frozen cooked chicken Brest pieces @ £2 per bag. Perfect cold or warmed up, used in a curry etc. Just thought id share it with you all!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

If you feel like you're going to slip, try having a meringue or reduced-fat cocoa straight away - takes away 'sweet' urges! Try feeding any kids the same - mine all now eat salmon and salad quite the thing.

Oh, just thought of another tip - if you're getting bored of loads of water try having fizzy water ice cold from the fridge with a slice of lemon, lime or cucumber. Very refreshing and tastes more like a treat than plain water but is really cheap if you get the 'Value' brand.

Thanks for this a v useful thread. Currently on day 7. First day of Cruise... need to have a supermarket trip for some yummy veggies.

chicken

:eek:I just ventured into our local Asda, I don't normally go in as it's cheaper for us have it delivered as we live out 'in the sticks!!' any way I'm trotting around the store armed with my Dukan shopping list. I couldn't believe it; on the chiller counter, they were selling whole chickens with added water, so they look heavier!!! what a cheek:eek:

Think I must have added water too - that's why I look heavier!

My tip - make a big galette with 8 tbsp of oatbran and quarter it. You can then just grab a slice out of the fridge each day! I stick them in the toaster to warm through.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Dukan recommends cold showers, cold drinks etc to burn off a few extra cals.
I can drink cold drinks I can even eat a lot of cold foods but there is no way I would take a cold shower :gen125:

I can drink cold drinks I can even eat a lot of cold foods but there is no way I would take a cold shower

it's actually not that bad, I did it for 2 weeks to try and up my weightloss but it didn't have any affect so I stopped

Hi ladies thinking of satrting thr dukan on sunday i am still reading the book i wanted to knoe what brands of yogurt do you all eat and what kind of things you have for brekkie lunch and dinner want to have all the facts before i start

Try new things!!!

I did the luc lac beef and it said only fry for between 10 and 15 secs and I was worried as it was practically raw! That was by far the nicest meal I have EVER had on Dukan! Someone could have cooked it for me!!!

Also I hate pancakes but galettes are scrummy!!!

Ruth
X

louschu said:
it's actually not that bad, I did it for 2 weeks to try and up my weightloss but it didn't have any affect so I stopped

I tried a cold shower for about 3secs at the gym - brrrr - no thanks, am just too much of a wimp - temp guage went straight back up again to toasty and warm :)

Silver: do it in stages? Walk *some* floors then take the lift whatever? Presumably the stairs open out at every floor? And then amaze yourself at how you can gradually increase it - 3-4-5 floors. I agree that 20 floors with shopping is not really feasible, but you've got a flexible free gym workout on your doorstep - use it! Maybe walk more stairs when you're out walking and not laden with shopping.

Thanks anjuschka :) I've started getting out of the lift on 15 and going up from there. Rua (my pup) is not too fond of the stairs but she's no longer refusing to enter the stair well so hopefully she'll eventually be fine with it :) And the 5 floors is easy enough with shopping but still gets my heart rate up enough to be decent exercise :)

like the idea of the cool bag thing, i drink 2 glasses of cyder vinegar in water with a little sugarfree syrup to flavour it before a couple of meals it is supposed to help with water retention

Back