Top Weight Loss Tips!! *Post Them Here*

chocolatecat

One day at a time :)
Hey peeps!

Just needing some tried and tested advice...

Please post your top tips for weight loss here so that we can share one anothers wisdom.

My top tip is:
* Portion Control!!! Aim to have 1/3meat/fish, 1/3veggies and 1/3 carbs on your plate.
Eat half and rest - then, if you are still hungry, eat half of this and so on until you are no longer hungry - NOT full - just no longer hungry...

So come on then guys... small tips help everyone losing weight!

:D

Ask yourself before you put anything in your mouth, "Do I really really need this". All you have to be is honest, come on everyone we can do this.

1. drink lots of water
2. delay gratification - if you think you're hungry, promise yourself you can have something in half an hour/an hour then go and do some non-food activity, as often as not the need passes
3. write down everything you eat - what gets measured gets managed
4.go and try on clothes in your favourite shop - the sight of your rolls of fat(if you have them) will spur you on to keep to your diet.

Be strong and keep up the good fight.

I would say, don't be discouraged by slip ups in the first couple of weeks, it can be really hard to go from eating way over the recommended amount to being on a very calorie controlled diet. It definitely gets easier the more you do it, you just need to be prepared to give it time.

These are all good tips everyone :)

My tips would be:

1 -
I havent found anyone that tries this before, only me! But what I do is on my weigh day, when i find out how much I've lost I put that amount in £'s in a jar (say i lose 2lbs, I put £2 in) if you put on 1lb you take £1 out! Then when you're at your goal weight you use the money to go and buy youself a lovely treat :) Helped me a lot when i lost 4 stone originally coz i ended up with nearly £60 in there hehe

2 -
Smell food! This probably sounds like a bit of a funny one but I find if my friends are eating pizza for instance and I smell it, it satisfys my cravings! Coz alot of your taste is also the smell, so i find it helps alot hehe

3 -
Keep yourself busy! Do whatever you can to keep you busy and keep your mind off food coz alot of the time you can just eat from boredom!

Good luck everyone!!! xxx Katie xxx

These are all good tips everyone :)

My tips would be:

1 - I havent found anyone that tries this before, only me! But what I do is on my weigh day, when i find out how much I've lost I put that amount in £'s in a jar (say i lose 2lbs, I put £2 in) if you put on 1lb you take £1 out! Then when you're at your goal weight you use the money to go and buy youself a lovely treat :) Helped me a lot when i lost 4 stone originally coz i ended up with nearly £60 in there hehe

I do that too... I have a piggy bank and for every month I diet I put 10 euros in and then 2 euros for every pound I lose. When I'm struggling with my diet I also put 1 euro in for every good day as a reward for sticking to my plan. The aim is a shopping spree for when I reach my target weight. He should be worth quite a bit by then!!! It's an excellent incentive and a good way to reinforce positive behaviour!

~Silence~

get a diet buddy :hug99:

Hi

Keep a journal of everthing you eat and drink daily
I find that can bevery motivational if you are 100% honest

Do more exercise be gym or walking whatever

Set yourself small acheivable goals and then reward yourself when u hit them

Cheers

James

I also find that keeping a food diary is so helpful. This is a really cool site to keep track of nutrients, calories, goals etc. www.fitday.com Makes you feel like you are in control again! Good luck all

Last edited:
Always have a glass of water or cordial with you when you have your meals.

Try and have a bottle of water with you when you are out and about during the day.

I know this sounds old, but exercise. Get of your BACKSIDE and go for a walk. Buy a pedometer you will be amazed 10,000 steps will come round in no time. NO MORE EXCUSES DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have I got 50 posts yet?? :cry::8855:

Thanks Nic! Those are fantastic!

I have another one...

If you are someone who struggles with only eating 3 meals then allow yourself a few small low cal snacks throughout the day to keep you going

I think if you are going to do excersise regulaly then set yourself targets and get into a routine, like do so many calories and excersise so many times a week.

also when im hungrey at night i have a drink and eat a few grapes, the taste of the grapes puts me off food and i end up not feeling hungrey anymore.

most of all stay positive while on a diet and think about maintanace when finishing a diet.

Last edited:
Thanks chocolatecat, I am there now.

Back