Topaz's diary of determination

I've just been away a week, first with my son's family who are moving house so needed the children extracted and distracted, then to stay near 97 year old mother who's in a care home. The latter really difficult as was staying with kind friends who provided nice meals ("just one potato, they're fresh from the garden?"), then to a lovely pub for a couple of days. Taking mother out to lunches also, so all these were eating out. Managed to have fish all the time, but it was often cooked or dressed in butter. Not weighed in yet, will wait till tomorrow. Really looking forward to DD bread as not had any since Monday.
Today I've to go to hospital for re-excavation of arm where mole removed two weeks ago proved to be malignant melanoma. Not looking forward to that!

Gosh Topaz - you must be worried. Good luck!

Thanks Jo, I'm not very worried as I know it's a very treatable type and had not gone too deep. They are not going to cut in again till middle of August now so I can go to French wedding next week in Brittany as planned without return for stitches removal.
Meanwhile I'm back to PP day today, returning to the straight and narrow.
B yogurt
L DD toast and egg
D baked salmon with quark and herbs
S yog and Rhubarb

Today should have been PV but couldn't be bothered to cook veg and also want to counter the week off diet. So PP 2.
B 1 egg herb omelette, followed by half a piece of spicy toast with quark and two teasps rhubarb.

S other half of spicy toast
L two slices lean beef 'bacon' dry fried. Yoghurt and little more rhubarb.
D. Grilled butterfly fresh sardines, lightly coated in Dijon mustard and herbs. Yogurt.
The sardines are really nice and not expensive, Tescos packaged fish counter. I shall get them again, try them with chili.

Today must be a PV day, too tempting not to bother but it isn't healthy to have no veg. Weight down a lb this week, can't expect more with the amount of breakage while staying in Ipswich and Yorkshire! :sigh:

Brunch: herb omelette with pan cooked courgettes, onion and tomato. Followed by half spicy Goji Dukan bread with quark and rhubarb.
Dinner: chicken pieces, steamed Asparagus and broccoli. probably s/f jelly and yoghurt after
snack: other half of spicy DD bread, toasted, with quark

Its good that you managed to loose a lb despite the distractions :) A pound less is much better than a lb on. You are doing well.

Mm, would do better if I didn't break it all the time. At least slow loss consolidates a bit, or so I tell myself.
Finished the day with baked chicken pieces followed by yoghurt after I swam. 110 lengths, just over 2k, so I'm building up the distance. Still slow though, about 28 mins per K. I'll need to build up more before I go to the islands in early August. Anybody out there using a proper swimmers wetsuit? I'm in a quandary as I meant to lose more weight by now and buy a decent wetsuit, but haven't got near enough to target weight I don't think, still a stone to go, which would mean I'd need a smaller size, I think. So will manage on borrowed and my little shorty wetsuit. Water is about 15 degrees. What was that about cold showers?

Another pound gone! This is hard work now, I really don't know how you guys with loads to lose stick at it. It's very character building, and mine is not well built!
I'm trying to plan a good dinner for some friends who are coming over on Friday. I'm thinking prosciutto (with melon for them) followed by salmon soufflé and asparagus, with rhubarb and strawberry Eton mess for pud. I'll only have to vary the recipe for the pud by making mine with zero Total, no strawbs or maybe one on top and meringue made with Splenda. I'm considering whether to make a separate roux for the salmon using cornflour for me. All the rest will be the same as the salmon and eggs, dill etc are ok, so just divide this part into two different roux. If it works I'll put it on the site.

You are doing well, another lb off is another lb off. Did you decide on your swimsuit?

I think one of the hardest things is cooking for others when you are dieting. I love to cook a big meal and the closest I have got is a roast dinner for the family with a big pud. At least I was on a PV day then. Must try a souffle, not been brave enough yet!

Did you watch the film Julie and Julia? After that my husband bought me the French cookery book that it was all about and I have to say the recipes are delicious. Hope to get back to cooking more like that in September :)

Did you watch the film Julie and Julia? After that my husband bought me the French cookery book that it was all about and I have to say the recipes are delicious. Hope to get back to cooking more like that in September :)

No I didn't see it. I'll keep an eye open for it if it's on again. I agree about it being hard to cook for others not on the diet. I'd always be slipping in things I shouldn't have just from the fag of having to do two versions of things. In fact I'll have to guard against that with this dinner, but most of it is D friendly. But when you live on your own there's no one to stop you bingeing! I find that binge time is late in the evening, when I am technically no longer hungry really.

I'm going to pass on the wetsuit and buy one next year. I can borrow one for my swimming trip or use my shortie. Proper swimming wetsuits have extra flotation in various places, such as the legs, which can make life a bit easier over longer distance. My swimmer shortie doesn't have this. Bought new swimsuit, as old one began to fall to pieces. Tried on loads but the only one that fitted properly was expensive. Still it should last as you can get away with losing a stone when the stretch just takes up a bit ( i wish skin would do that!)

It's a nice film and great if you love cooking. I completely agree with the danger time. After my dinner, pre Dukan, I often had something else to eat late evening (generally when hubby was in the shower and he couldn't see me making the toast or whatever). He would never say anything but strange that I thought I should have to hide it!! Have had to deal with a lot of food demons and coming to peace with food.

Wouldn't it be lovely if our skin was like a wet suit and just sprung back into shape! I'd vote for that :)

3lbs off this week! I'm really pleased and surprised too, as a few things were over the border for Cruise. My only binge was some chocs on Monday, and a glass of wine last night with friends who came for dinner. Oh and a few strawberries and half a meringue with my rhubarb Eton Mess, used Total instead of cream and it was nice! My friends also had Total and rhubarb, but more strawberries, meringue and some cream. They really liked it, including with Splenda instead of sugar.

Planning for France trip starting Tuesday. PV today, will then go PP tomorrow and stay on it until I break the pattern in France, where I'll stick as close as poss to PV all week and do a line of PP days on return. Ill take some spare bread with me. Fortunately my brother's family don't have much carb.
Today
B. Smoked salmon omelette, courgettes onion and toms, mushroom.
Lunch salmon leftovers with asparagus, DD bread
D chicken and broccoli.
S yoghurt and rhubarb

Back