Tortilla chips made from pasta [with pics]

leniloo

well I just made some and YUM YUM YUM - filled my naughty craving!

First time I've made them and didn't realise how filling and easy they'd be!

Free on a green - just your frylight to syn!

6819_259630870231_558100231_9080571_7336798_n.jpg

Last edited:
for the amount in the pic, you need 2 pasta lasagne sheets, boil them for 5 minutes and then cut into the triangle shapes. Place on a baking tray and spray with frylight and sprinkle with your flavouring - these were salted and baked in the oven on 220' for 3 minutes, then turn over and spray and sprinkle and bake for a further 3 mins - ENJOY!

sadly these are not free. You need to syn the pasta because you are eating it in a way that changes the structure of the food. you could easily eat two sheets of lasagne as well as your meal but could you just as easily eat two sheets of cooked pasta after a meal ,I doubt it. A controversial one this xx

Hhhmmm ....... interesting thought - my Consultand made these for one of our taste nights stating they were "free" on green and extra easy, but I had wondered because of the pasta being in the "altered state" as mentioned here - I have made them though, and they were tasty with chinese five spice and some sea salt sprinkled on them! Surely not too many syns though? .... I've only tried them twice, and they didn't seem to effect my weight loss at the time .... very interesting though!

Best o'luck'n'stuff everyone!

Well as long as they don't effect your losses, I say go for it and continue having them :) x

The thing with stuff like this is that we don't really know. They're fab (have made them myself with smoked paprika on them and were lush!) but it's eating food in a way it wasn't meant to be eaten. The calorie content is still the same, fair enough, but you're eating it in addition to your meals, when you wouldn't necessarily eat 200 cals of extra pasta or whatever.

The way I see it...try it. If you're (honestly) 100% on plan and anticipating a loss at class, but have been using things like this as free food snacks...and you maintain or gain...then you know they're preventing you losing. If you can eat them and still lose weight, then carry on. But also be prepared that you might have to cut them out at some point as they may stop you losing.

Also, moderation has got to come into play. An extra two pasta sheets a couple of times a week isn't going to be too bad for you in the grand scheme of things. If, however, you're eating a whole box of lasagne sheets per day, every day as free food snacks...well that's clearly not a normal thing to do!

For now, don't worry and see how you get on. That's my suggestion! :)

I like the idea of doing this to make chilli and cheese nachos but as a meal therefore I think they would still be free. I think as a treat every once in a while they probably wouldn't do much harm but I don't think they should be eaten too often.

I like the idea of doing this to make chilli and cheese nachos but as a meal therefore I think they would still be free. I think as a treat every once in a while they probably wouldn't do much harm but I don't think they should be eaten too often.

Now I like the sound of this! As a meal I reckon it should be okay cos you could make a chilli lasagne (in theory) thereby using the lasagne sheets in a different guise!

Hmmm....

I've done pasta nachos before...they absolutely ROCK!!

I've already decided this is what I'm making for my dinner tonight! I had been planning on spinach & ricotta cannelloni but this won't be so fiddly to make and I haven't had nachos for ages!

How can you be altering the state of the lasagne sheets making these crisps/nachos because you are cooking them before cutting into triangles and sraying with Fry light.

I have made these before and they are nice but not moreish like pringles or doritos so I doubt if anyone could sit and eat a box full of lasagne sheets made in this way.

And it's got to be better to have a couple of sheets of these rather than heading for the choccy bars or other high syn crisps! Moderation is the name of the game here I think

Rightly or wrongly I have just made some of these with a little bit of sea salt and some balck pepper and they were realy yummy!

The way I see it is that if I come home from work and fancy a bag of crisp and all we have in are high syn crisp then surely I am better off making these than going over my syns on something else.
I just always know that if I start putting on or sts then these little things stop.

Back