Tortoise losers CAN win the race !

You are absolutely amazing, and the post you posted last December is so inspirational! I am so pleased I read it as I feel like I will finally get to my goal! Go Tortoises! x

Thanks Lou - there's still a bit of saggy skin - but getting smaller by the day.
There's one guy on Minis (Jim - but can't remember his user name) who lost 180 lbs and said he had a dreadful "apron" on his stomach which took almost 2 years to disappear - but it did go eventually. So there's hope yet!

Hi Abbiewilko and many, many thanks for your lovely comment. Yes tortoises can win - so unite we must!

So inspirational to read. I too am a lady of a certain age ;D Whisper it, more mature than you , I have spent my whole life dieting then gaining then dieting again. The weight took a long time going on, it may well take a while to get rid of, I'm not in too much of a rush, I'd just like to go to Vancouver next July looking less like a fat little old lady, the old lady I cant do much about, the fat I can.
Well done!!

Thanks Sherlann - and well done you. Over 2 st gone already. Only another 3 to go :D
The slow route works and if you've got till next July (2013??) then you've heaps of time.
Good luck chica and thanks for popping in.

Thanks to your inspiration I bit the bullet this morning and got my husband to take some photos. I was amazed at how much different I look already. I hate having photos taken, I loathe the way I look in them, but these made me feel quite good about myself, a long way to go but getting there.

I think there are lots of people on here who hate having their photo taken - I was definitely one.
I'm still not that happy about it - gawd knows why - but a lot more comfortable about it than I used to.
At least I don't fill the whole view finder with my flab now! :D

Keep up the photo diary - it really can be an inspiration when you start to see the changes in your shape!

Last edited:
Back