Total carb addict determined to lose weight!

Kimmiejaytee

Hi everyone,

New to all of this. Basically lost 6 stone 5 years ago on weight watchers in about a year ( a 19 year olds metabolism is quiet different from my now 25 year old metabolism I guess!) but put 4 stone back on last year alone! I also developed a bit of binge eating habbit... All or nothing and when it was all, it was alot of food! I'm a vegetarian so as you can imagine I do live off pasta and potato based foods so not sure how the lack of glucose is going to go down :/

Have arranged my first meeting with my CDC for tomorrow and can't wait! She seems such a lovely person. I'm currently in my second year of a degree in physical activity and health (go figure huh) and do work in a gym and love my resistance training so my CDC seems to think the 810 plan would be best but I'm kinda leaning towards ss for the quick results and motivation by then. I'm 14 stone 4 (at last check) and would love to get back down into the 10's!

Is anyone else about to start, if so a carb bashing buddy would be great!! Lol. You all look like you've got it down down so any tips/advice would be great.

Hi Kim! I did a lot of resistance training before CD & understand how hard it is to stop! Just remember your muscles retain their memory for 9 months, hopefully you wont be SSing for that long having 4 stones to lose, so you can pick it back up easily when you move onto 810 if you want the loss to be fast for a boost :)

I would recommend you to cut the starch and sugar down as much as you can before you begin, I didn't & had a headache for about 4 days, lol.

Good luck xx

Hi Kim!

I'm on day one of CD today and have quite a similar story to yours. I lost 3 stone on WW when I was 16, but at 22 I've put 4 stone on! I'm a total carb addict. I can easily (and embarrassingly have on occassion) get through a loaf of bread in a day! Also love pasta, rice, crumpets - anything like that!

I met my CDC yesterday and she was lovely. Feeling really positive this morning when I woke up, and feeling ok apart from a really bad headache. I was naughty and didn't cut down at all before I started, so think I'm suffering for my sins now!

It's nice to know that someone is starting at the same time as me - we can compare notes!

Let me know how your first day goes, and good luck!! x

Hi coralprincess, thanks for advice, did you do any form of resistance training whilst on ss?

Hi coryne how's the first day going for you? I can't wait to get started going to have a few protein shakes, just the USN diet whey tomorrow and a high protein to ease me in!

Xx

Last edited:
Hi coralprincess, thanks for advice, did you do any form of resistance training whilst on ss?

Hi coryne how's the first day going for you? I can't wait to get started going to have a few protein shakes, just the USN diet whey tomorrow and a high protein to ease me in!

Xx

Hi :)

I am only on day 12, I did SS for a week & now SS+, I haven't done any resistance training (or cardio!). TBH sometimes I feel dizzy when I stand up, lol!

It would depend on how heavy you are lifting/how intense you're working, I'd say leave it til week 3, when you've adjusted to the lack of calories then listen to your body. I wouldn't recommend big sessions though.

I'm going to restart the cardio this weekend and commute on my bike next week, I have heard of people's losses slowing down doing resistance on the board, so I'm personally going to leave it out for now, it's a lot of money to be paying for me to have small losses!

Hope this helps you, good luck! x

I go quite heavy at it... Im sure if I didn't Have all the extra weight I'd have at least a 4 pack!!! Lol, wishful thinking! One of the main reasons I'm doing this is for the fat loss so can actually see what I'm doing/achieving when I train :/

Thanks for advice, gonna leave it out for first few weeks then start with power plate until it feels right because as you say it's too much money for small losses and it would probably justify cheating for me anyway :(

Starting tomorrow... Counting down!!!

All excited now! Had my first meet with CDC an she's lovely, got my food packs half veg soup and half chocolate shake... In a creature of habit so thought I'd try what I thought I'd like best first! Doing ss+ so 810 cals a day but will try just ss if I feel ok to do so. Start tomorrow :D wish me luck!

Been used to doing quite heavy weights (150 pounds on leg press etc and about 40 pounds on chest and arms in weight) so def gonna give that a miss for first few weeks and focus on the fat first lol!! May use the power plate a bit though once I get into my stride with new plan.

Is it normal to be this damn excited about giving up my junk food? :/

My CDC said there's no reason why I can't reach my first target of 12 stone before my holiday in 2 months if I'm a good girl! That prospect excites me more than any amount of pasta would believe me!

Hope everyone else is doing good xx

That's a big help, thanks. Yes I did quite heavy weights which I will be laying off for a while. Maybe will do a bit of mat work when I get into this new diet.

Starting tomorrow! Doing ss+ as my CDC thinks this is the best way to go.

Hope everyone else is doing good xx

I go quite heavy at it... Im sure if I didn't Have all the extra weight I'd have at least a 4 pack!!! Lol, wishful thinking! One of the main reasons I'm doing this is for the fat loss so can actually see what I'm doing/achieving when I train :/

Thanks for advice, gonna leave it out for first few weeks then start with power plate until it feels right because as you say it's too much money for small losses and it would probably justify cheating for me anyway :(

Starting tomorrow... Counting down!!!

Sounds good to me, good luck you! Keep coming back here and posting if it gets tough, I found it invaluable the first week! :)

Just had my first shake, ready made chocolate, was nicer than I expected. Feeling really motivated especially since I'm out shopping seeing all those lovely clothes! :D

Last edited:
Lol yes I am a bit dubious about making the shakes hot! Just had a veggie soup with loads of pepper... Yum yum!

Well it's 6pm gone so far so good. From what I've been reading though day 3 is gonna be the challenge! My mum is so so supportive been with her all day and she's kept my eye on the prize!

xx

Ahhh veg soup is the only one I like and also add black pepper :)
It's great you have your mum's support. Had a good chat with mine this morn and confessed how much I started at and asked her to look up about ketosis, far too complex for me to try and explain. :)
Just fed my dd fish, again, as I dont like it, will pack her off to bed soon have my last porridge and get tucked up in bed. I've had 7 pints of water and 3 coffees and have weigh in first thing so no more fluids today.
Well done for getting through day 3, it's nearly over! X

Well that's day one done! One ready made choc shakes, two veg soups and 3 pints of water. Feeling good! Going to read in bed now as normally tv= snack so gonna avoid for a few days! Also other half has just put pizza in oven (meat one, so not much temptation there...but still!) so yeah... Time to retire for the night!

Full shift at gym tomorrow, so will have to do a bit of exercise for ladies having inductions an assessments. Still not sure whether to tell my colleagues although they are also some of my best friends so will be hard not to for nights out/lunches etc!

One of the main reasons I'm doing this is to get back to my size 12 as I was that size and fighting fit when I started as a gym instructor and some of the older members do (in the nicest way) pass comment when I bring up 'the old me'.

Anyway, day two... Bring it on!!!

xx

Well done Kim, you're doing great. First day done! xx

Hi girls I'm on day 4 today! I have been on 810 all week (my choice) to wean myself in to the CWP. Basically porridge/soup/meal maybe a bar in night! ...in that order.... I'm gonna see how my weight is on Monday and maybe jump on the ss + for a week or two.... Really want to loose a stone but 2 will be amazing . As the days go on it is much easier I think. I am a portion freak - put wayyyyy too much on my plate good or not! So this is a massive learning curve fir me and I'm doing ok... Thought I might find myself licking the wallpaper if I got hungry but no I have been pleasantly surprised!!!! Onwards & downwards eh!!! Xxx

Day 4 that's great, Im gonna go to 810 eventually but going to give ss a try first! I know what you mean about portion sizes... I love a big meal! It was mainly bad stuff for me though :(

Can anyone tell me... When in ketosis did concentration suffer? I have lots of Uni work to plough through in next 2 weeks then a big exam (nutrition haha) to get through.

xx

Well I can't sleep/settle so thought I'd set out some goals for myself and get them down in black n White!!!

Goal 1: to get though this first week!
Goal 2: get to 12 stone for holiday
Goal 3: maintain on holiday
Goal 4: to get get down to 10 stone for my 26th birthday weekend in Barcelona :)

... And that's about as far as my inspirations go for now. Looking forward to ploughing through each and every one though!!

Hope everyone else has had a good day.xx

Day 2! Been slacking with the water intake so far but there is still time! Felt very hungry this morning but as soon as I'd had my vanilla shake (yum btw lol) I was fine and work is keeping me busy. On my lunch break now and without my usual carb fest feeling a bit bored so thought I would update!

Can't wait to get these first few days ticked off the list!

xx

Day two almost over! Whoop whoop!! Just had a call from CDC and she really would like me to do the 810 as discussed... But I feel ok on the 3 packs and feel if I ate now it may throw me! She did say that 3 would be ok but is still leaning towards the 810!

Did 30 mins light resistance work today and honestly it didn't effect me... Even did my legs at my usual weights, although not as many reps.

Still have a pack left to go and looking forward to it! Not sure I want the food though! Eek!

Hope everyones had a good Friday!xx

Back