Total restart!

Mandlegrot

Gold Member
OK so over summer I've gone completely off the rails and plan. I have been working at festivals most weekend as well as other events so have been eating/drinking rubbish...I was finding it easy to switch between festival fare and slimming world when home at the start of summer, but the last 6 weeks has taken its toll and I've slipped back into bad habits again.

Now that festival season is over and my calender is a lot more sparse, I'm going to be much better prepared to focus and get back into the zone. I think I need a complete restart, but am struggling to find that 'excitement' you have when you first start? Am looking for any tips/ideas to get me really excited to start over.

Hello! I took the approach of a total restart this week after my hols, as I've been faffing around since early July and really want to crack on and get to target before the end of 2013. I went and sat in on the new member's talk again at group, and then went home and re-read my book from cover to cover. Once I'd done that I planned a menu with absolutely no tweaks (so just the real basic SW fundamentals) and have stuck to it for the week. Feeling good already from it (will see what weigh-in says tomorrow though!), and feeling back in control, so it's all good :) Good luck with it! xx

I'm going to read my book from start to finish, have a holiday in 7 weeks and need to lose 7lb. Like you both I have been fluffing around for far to long and need to get back on track. I also plan to go running 3 times a week.. X

Grab any old magazines and get some food ideas, then plan some meals and get the cooking bug/planning bug again!

I think when i have some yummy food planned, the rest of my day falls into place around it - and also i dont go hungry as its all planned good food.

Good luck - i got back on the wagon on Monday, so i know it is not easy when you have had a break! x

Thanks all. Have done a meal plan for the week, am quite skint at the min so not cooking anything special but using up ingredients/stuff from freezer/allotment etc. All pretty yummy meals still! Will probably get the mags out for next week when my money is a bit better, although being vegan means most of it is off limits. Can still get ideas from them though :)

Am looking forward to winter food, I find I can follow plan much easier in winter as you crave stodge - potatos, beans, veg, soup etc etc which are much, much more filling than light summer foods. I love a good salad, but they are really expensive and not very filling! Going to hunt through the slow cooker page too as am off work most of this week so can actually use my slow cooker!

I think I'm going to buy a 12 week countdown at group tomorrow - will commit myself to lose a stone, but ideally it will be a stone plus whatever I gain tomorrow. Would like to be close, if not in, the 11s before xmas.

Am going to get to 12 stone and see how I feel - I was just under that 6 years ago and felt good. Will readjust target by 7lbs lower if not :)

This is like the naughty corner! I quit SW in May (after losing a stone) so having regained it all I started with a 12-week online subscription last week. I figure it's 14 weeks until Christmas and 2lbs a week would be a lovely 2 stone loss by then! I think the best thing is just to start with a clean slate again and write down absolutely everything that you eat! Best of luck x

I'm shopping tomorrow so will be doing a meal plan for the week before I go.. Have for loads of old magazines upstairs so shall rummage through and find different stuff to cook. Think sometimes that half the problem as end up eating the same stuff.. X

My problem is not having the right food waiting at home. There isn't any savoury convenience food I can eat so I end up gorging on high syn food instead, now I know to keep vegan mugshots and soup ready :)

If you're going to buy a countdown wait a couple of weeks, they're giving away a christmas recipe book with them from mid Oct :) Good luck with your restart, I got 4.5lbs off this week so it was well worth it! x

If you're going to buy a countdown wait a couple of weeks, they're giving away a christmas recipe book with them from mid Oct :) Good luck with your restart, I got 4.5lbs off this week so it was well worth it! x

Well done x

Oooh lovely I'll wait then :) Congrats on your loss, thats amazing!

I am certain of a gain this week, but next week should be a winner. First clear week in months so I hope its a big un!

OK so over summer I've gone completely off the rails and plan. I have been working at festivals most weekend as well as other events so have been eating/drinking rubbish...I was finding it easy to switch between festival fare and slimming world when home at the start of summer, but the last 6 weeks has taken its toll and I've slipped back into bad habits again. Now that festival season is over and my calender is a lot more sparse, I'm going to be much better prepared to focus and get back into the zone. I think I need a complete restart, but am struggling to find that 'excitement' you have when you first start? Am looking for any tips/ideas to get me really excited to start over.
snap

OK so over summer I've gone completely off the rails and plan. I have been working at festivals most weekend as well as other events so have been eating/drinking rubbish...I was finding it easy to switch between festival fare and slimming world when home at the start of summer, but the last 6 weeks has taken its toll and I've slipped back into bad habits again.

Now that festival season is over and my calender is a lot more sparse, I'm going to be much better prepared to focus and get back into the zone. I think I need a complete restart, but am struggling to find that 'excitement' you have when you first start? Am looking for any tips/ideas to get me really excited to start over.
Have you been listening to my thoughts :D
Snap

So many in the same situation. I'm feeling a lot more focused now, i had a surprise loss of a pound last week, my first loss whist at a festival on the weekend. That kicked me into action :)

How are you all getting on? x

Hello all - I am in the same place as you Mandlegrot. I have been mucking about all summer with lots of weddings/birthdays/BBQs/parties etc on the stocks and found it really tough going to stick to plan. I have also been eating down my freezer to save money and give it a good clear out and this week I will finish up the last of it.

So food shopping on Weds or Thurs this week will be my restart I think. I thought that I always bought SW friendly food but doing this eat down has made me realise that off plan food started to sneak in. The way forward is to plan (which I used to love doing) and only buy what I need for the recipes I have planned.

Hoping to get going again properly this week and its comforting to know Im not alone!

Tomorrow morning I shall be weighing in and resetting my stats and starting over . I love the summer, but I know exactly what I am doing when I eat and drink too much, so long as I make sure I start again come October. Bring it on ladies and gents.

I wrote up a massive plan for food last sunday, and that worked really well keeping me on track last week Did it again last night, with some treats thrown in, so there is something every day that I am looking forward to.

Saturday I'm having a vegan lasagne!!! mmmmmm but SO bad.

Back