Total Solution - Adam's Journey

addres86

Hi Guys,

I was trawling the internet looking for support forums for people on the Exante diet program and I found this little gem, so glad I did as I have read really encouraging stuff from you all relating to Exante. So i've received my pack and I'm fired up and ready to go!

A bit about me first, my names Adam and i'm 25 from sunny Cornwall. I have always struggled with my weight since I was a child and regularly yoyo diet to shift the excess flab. At my heaviest I was 18st 10lb, i'm currently at 17st 10lb. I lost a stone using SW, however I find SW so hard to follow because it throws so much temptation my way.

I was thinking I need to follow a plan that provides all the food for me and takes the thinking element out of the diet. Thats how I found Exante! This time I feel really pumped, having read the fantastic posts on the forum about your weight loss successes.

Exante will work for me! As I just hate how being overweight makes me feel. I'm young but feel really old at times, my joints ache, my weight makes me feel down, less confident and I have low self esteem etc. However I realise there is only one person who can change how I feel and how I look, and that's ME!!!

So bye bye Mr Fat guy :wave_cry: and here's to Mr Slim:flirt2:

I'll keep you all posted!

Have a fab day guys on your Exante journey

Adam
x

Day 1

OMG!!!!!

I opened the box and thought how am I going to survive on these two little shakes and one bar??? God, i'm used to mammoth meals and loads of snacks, but thats what got me to where I am today so I swallowed my pride and my first shake and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised!

The vanilla shake tasted ok...That was then followed by a exante bar for lunch, which i really enjoyed and then a chocolate shake for dinner, which was quite pleasant.

Now I have to be honest, the first day was hard and required alot of will power! I had major food envy! Everyone in the office who had anything that looked more appealing than my shake or cereal bar was on my food radar.

I was looking at them eating and thinking my god I just want food!! I gave myself a mental slap had a glass of water followed by a peppermint tea and I was fine!

Had a banging headache by the end of day 1, so I had an early night. That was my first day on the program and I followed it 100% yippee!!!:D

Day 2

Woke up this morning with a spring in my step all was going well until I had my first shake. It was the banana one and I really didn't like it!

That said.... I held my nose, swallowed it down and got on with my day. The bars are lovely the strawberry shake that I had for dinner was also nice, so all in all I am quite impressed with the Exante products.

I still feel quite hungry but having read others posts I know the first couple of days are the hardest, so its just a case of perseverance I suppose!

I ordered some shakers and Ketosticks from ebay yesterday. The shakers hopefully will make the shakes dissolve a little better and the ketosticks will let me know when I'm in ketosis...Really looking forward to getting into the big K as then the hunger will hopefully stop!

A little worried about tomorrow as I have to go out for a meal with clients in the evening, It isn't something I can get out of so any suggestions on what to eat etc would be gratefully received.

So thats me for day 2! another day following the program 100%, just wish the hunger pangs would stop. Another early night for me I think.

Day 3

Woke up this morning and the day got off to an excellent start!

I jumped on the scales gingerly and to my amazement i had lost 5lbs in 2 days! This is my kind of diet:D and secondly I used a ketostick this morning and it gave me a strong reading and confirmed I was in ketosis.

I don't know if it's a placebo affect but I didn't wake up feeling hungry this morning and I seem to have alot more energy, which is great!

I used the shaker that I brought from ebay for the first time today and it makes such a difference. I used it on the banana milk shake that I had a bad experience with yesterday, because I didn't want to use all the shakes I liked up first leaving the grose ones until the end! To my surprise it wasn't half bad, the shaker defiantely made a difference the shake wasn't so powdery. It tasted and felt alot creamier. So all in all pretty impressed with my ebay purchases.

I'm kinda unnerved at the minute that things are going quite well! Maybe it's the calm before the storm!

One thing that i'm dreading is going out this evening. Taking clients out to an italian, which was pre-booked so I can't avoid. Plenty of high carb food there so should be knocked well and truly out of ketosis by tomorrow then :cry:. Also I completely forgot my best friends birthday meal is this Sunday and it's at my favourite restaraunt so plenty of temptation there!

These events are unavoidable as I committed to them months ago however I have taken action and cleared my diary until the beginning of May, so no more meals for me after this week.

In between tonight and Sunday i'm just going to follow the TS to the letter so any weight gain will be kept to a minimum.

I'll let you all know how tonight goes when I post tomorrow.

I hope you all have an excellent day.

Adam
x

Hi Adam

The first few days are tough - hunger, headaches - but then it gets so much easier!!

It's a shame you have to go out for a meal as it is so much harder going back and forth from TS. I would suggest a simple meal of protein and carb friendly veg ( stickies at top of Exante page gives you some ideas ). Then, straight back on the TS wagon tomorrow!!

Exante works, it really does - and like you, I have found that taking choice away from me has been very liberating!

Good luck! :)

Hey Adam, you sound like you're off to a great start.
I hope your exante journey goes smoothly.

As for the meals out, if you check out the exante recipes section there is a list of ketogenic foods, food that you can eat and still stay in ketosis.
Maybe on your meals out you can make choices based on that list.
Good luck.

Great start, Adam. Call your restaurant or go round for a chat as a good Italian will do you a lovely green salad, and if you fix it up in advance, people don't comment much. And sparkling water....cos your liver is working hard enough shedding weight without overlaoding it! Feel super virtuous.

Good luck

Ali

Hi Adam, I have found you, thanks for popping along to my diary you are off to a flying start. I agree with BB about the keto friendly list and as Ali said if you can arrange with the restaurant they are usually very helpful.
Stay away from booze not only will it knock you out of k but it can make you really ill while in ketosis.
Exante is hard but I find that every time I go out of k gets harder to get back in so I try to avoid it now as much as possible.
Enjoy your evening and good luck with Exante xx

Thanks ladies! I will try to get that green salad ordered. I don't want all the hard work to be for nothing!

Thanks for the advice re: drinking! I don't drink anyway so thats one less thing for me to worry about.:flirt2:

Hi Adam,

Great to have a fella on here, there doesn't seem to be many on here just lately! Just wanted to say good luck with your journey and as men generally lose it quicker than women (you lucky sod!) you'll probably be at goal before the rest of us! X

Hiya Hun and welcome Exante is fab isn't it I love the results hope you were able to get somethin ketosis friendly while out with clients keep up the good work x

Hope you had a good evening and didn't eat anything too carby :) xx

Welcome adam :) I'm afraid I'm only on day1 (well technically day2 because it's past midnight, but what the hell, I'm too rock and roll to sleep :p) so can't offer advice like the other wonderful people here, but wanted to pop in and say welcome and hi!

Day 3

Good morning guys,

I'll keep it brief, Last night I fell pray to temptation big time. I ate some pretty bad stuff and as a result have paid the price on the scales this morning!

I've put on 4lbs!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am disheartened, however it's not going to stop me, I have got straight back on it today!

So I'm not going to weigh until Monday now so hopefully i'll have a good weight loss for the week.

I just wanted to say thanks for all your kind posts of support. I wish you all a fabulous day!

Have a great one guys

Adam
x

Good morning guys,

I'll keep it brief, Last night I fell pray to temptation big time. I ate some pretty bad stuff and as a result have paid the price on the scales this morning!

I've put on 4lbs!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am disheartened, however it's not going to stop me, I have got straight back on it today!

So I'm not going to weigh until Monday now so hopefully i'll have a good weight loss for the week.

I just wanted to say thanks for all your kind posts of support. I wish you all a fabulous day!

Have a great one guys

Adam
x

Well done for getting straight back on it! Slip up's happen, get straight back on the horse!

Well done on getting straight back on it, so easy to slip up and the consequences are higher but come off quicker too once you stick to it.
How was your evening out? Did you manage to stay in control that night?

Back