Totally Blown It

LisaM

Really messed up big time since last week. Have been cheating nearly everyday. Not even been sitting down and enjoying a meal or a night out- just sneaking bits of food when nobodys been looking. When i think about it the food i was eating was really rank.
Dont know how to get back on track. Had managed to stay on the diet all day Tues and Wed but today in work somebody said something to me about why was i not losing weight and I headed straight for the cold chips sitting out in the kitchen.
So scared that i put on all the weight i lost that i didnt go for my weigh in on Tuesday. Im such a big chicken but the thought of the last 7 weeks being for nothing is scaring the crap out of me.
Really need to stop moaning and just do it but finding it soooo hard right now.
Lisa :wave_cry:

Oh Lisa, big:grouphugg: for you, thing is, I reckon you need to stop beating yourself up and being hard on yourself, 7 weeks and 26lbs, cracking loss.

So, what about thinking how you feel when you eat and then thinking how you feel when you manage to get one over on the old CB, focus in and then have a go.

Put it behind you, the new you is now and go for it, wont be too long till you get there x

Don't despair

:wave_cry: Hey hun,

Seems like you have been struggling with the pyschological side of things a bit- dashing to the kitchen for cold chips when something upsets you is a classic symptom of comfort eating, and believe me you're not the only one who suffers from it!

Maybe you need to sit down with your counsellor and ask him/her to try and help you work through the issues that are causing you to falter. Don't stop going to weigh-ins, as they are designed to keep you on track and give you the opportunity to talk about your difficulties. No-one will judge you and they will respect you for admitting you aren't perfect- after all, nobody is! Also, you need to go to get your foodpacks- otherwise you definitely won't stick to it!

As for getting back on track, you will be finding it difficult as now you will be out of ketosis and it will feel difficult and hard but you need to get back in there before it feels easier.

So I say, call up your counsellor and arrange a meeting, start drinking your shakes and imagine how happy you will be in a week when you have a significant loss! :) it will all seem worthwhile.

Finally (sorry this is so long) have you considered Cambridge? If you struggle with limited flavours and convenience, you may find that the vastly increased choice of flavour and forms that you take them in will help you stick to it. Maybe look into it, but don't use it as an excuse not to get back on the wagon- you can switch straight from one to the other without coming out of ketosis.

You have all of our support, we're rooting for you! xxx

Hi Lisa you have done fantastic in 7 weeks hun, i know it's easier said than done but best to make tomorrow a fresh start and forget your nibbles, make sure you get plenty of water stick your chin out head held high and soldier on. And don't take any notice of those work mates somehow other people just love to see us fail.( sorry not saying you have failed just a term of speech)

Tomorrows another day hun, ok, good luck .

Last edited:
Hi Lisa,

Some excellent advice here and not much more I can say but be gentle with yourself and focus on all the positives...like you have done really well to date and you know you can do this. You have proved already you can:)

Hugs.:grouphugg:

I'm sorry you feel so bad. The past 7 weeks have not been for nothing!!! You've lost nearly 2 stone:D

This work colleague sounds a bit jealous to me. Don't let this idiot get you down, she's not worth it.

If your at work tomorrow slip something in her coffee, laxatives, washing up liquid, and if nothing available...just spit in it

I hope you manage to get on track, try to think of all the good things, that will make your hard work worthwhile.

You can do it!!!!! :hug99:

Tracey
x

Woah that was so quick. Didnt expect that many replies. Thanks a million. Its all really good advice but its just getting my head to remember it tomorrow. We have a conference in work with food being delivered in so will just hide in a cupboard or something during lunch.
Like the sound of the cambridge diet but im nearly sure its not done over here. Very few pharmacists even do Lipotrim.
Oh and Minilady i like the idea of laxative in the coffee. I normally get landed with making the morning cuppa for everyone so it woud be easy to do. The girl that said it to me though is normally nice and thats why i was so upset when she said it. Freaked me out that might have put all the weight back on.
Anyway thanks again
Lisa

CD

Like the sound of the cambridge diet but im nearly sure its not done over here. Very few pharmacists even do Lipotrim.

Whereabouts are you from? CD is pretty accessible, if you go on their website and look under "Find a counsellor" that should give you some idea of where your nearest one is based.

Hope tomorrow goes well for you, night x

hi lisa,
sorry you have had a tough week, some great advice here from everybodyso I probably dont have anything to add but I think sometimes even 'nice' seeming people can have their own interests in saying things about you (ie. they're not being just objective) a real friend would not say something like that they would be more supportive, I know she is probably just a work aqquaintance but still... you spend alot of time with your work colleagues...

I have just discovered a 'friend' who I've realised has been using me and my situation (when I was severely depressed and bigger) as a way of making her feel better about herself ie, going on and on about her new job then suddenly going "oh but I dont mean to say your life's rubbish or anything"... ! ... which means she obviously does think my life is rubbish compared to hers and that and she thinks everyone wants the same life as her.

This particular friend is not nasty as such but she is just very thoughtless and suffers from verrrry low self esteem herself (masked by supreme arrogance!) and it is only now I am gaining control of my life that I can see her for what she is and not let her effect me as I can see she has her own issues to deal with but the the important thing is I am dealing with mine and thats all that matters really. the same with you, you are trying to do something about your weight which is blummin commendable and you have done really well so far- nearly 2 stone! :eek: I cant wait to get to the point you're at now! I am sure there is a massive difference in your appearance already, see if you can find some photos from 7 weeks ago and now and compare!

Sorry that turned into a ramble but just wanted to make the point that some people have ulterior motives when they make comments like that and she may be worried about you looking better than her/ smaller than her etc etc so dont put too much store by it thats her issue to deal with- you keep up the good work girl you're doing brilliantly! :D

I agree with Jemimarobin, I have an acquaintance at university- although not a friend, she is a peer and therefore no matter how hard I try to convince myself otherwise, her opinion does effect me.

Anyway, I told her about what I was doing as we had to work on a project together, and another girl Gemma. The two reactions couldn't have been more different- Gemma who is on a diet herself was so supportive and congratulated me on my determination and willpower. The other girl is not huge but doesn't like her current figure and wants to lose weight. However she was really negative, saying that surely I would lose the same amount of weight eating salad and healthy stuff etc... she said it in quite a nasty way as if to make out that I was stupid.

The point is, what I think is funny is that the person who isn't happy about herself but won't do anything about it is the person who criticises. I.e. she is jealous that I am becoming a happier person and she can see the weight falling of me and HATES it!

-I say poor her really, I should pity her not be angry with her!

Hope this makes u feel better
xx

Oh nearly forgot. there was a dietican in work today and some of the staff told her what diet i was on- could have died there and then. Anyway she started saying how any diet like lipotrim seriously affects your health and that ketosis over a period of weeks damages your liver and can also make all your hair fall out.
My boss was there too and she came into me afterwards and said that I have seemed very tired and pale lately and that she hopes im not running myself into ill health because of this 'crazy diet'-nightmare!
Anyway has anybody else heard anything about the side effects she mentioned? My hair has actually got a bit thinner but its not falling out in lumps or anything

Hey Lisa,

There are some very rare side effects (or so I believe) that can affect the hair, but I'm not entirely sure about the facts so best to leave it to the experts. Try googling it xx

Hey Lisa,

There are some very rare side effects (or so I believe) that can affect the hair, but I'm not entirely sure about the facts so best to leave it to the experts. Try googling it xx

Yeah had a wee look earlier and i could only find info about the atkins diet causing liver damage. Maybe she was getting the 2 mixed up.
Also had look at the Cambridge site. The nearest counsellor to me is in Dublin which is 60 miles away so will have to stick to Lipotrim for the mo.
Lisa x

There is a CDC in Belfast .... try ringing the Cambridge line 0800 161412 and they'll tell you your nearest one according to your post code.

Also think Debz is in Belfast and is training as a CDC soon.

There is a CDC in Belfast .... try ringing the Cambridge line 0800 161412 and they'll tell you your nearest one according to your post code.

Also think Debz is in Belfast and is training as a CDC soon.

Thanks for this.
I work 6 days a week and have college as well so even Belfast will be hard to get to. Its bout 45 miles away from me. Will def give that number a phone though.
Cheers
:D

Hi,
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who give me advice and helped me get back on Lipotrim last week.
Finally stopped being such a wimp and went bak to my pharmacist. Was dreading it so much thinking how i probably put on loads but actually lost 2 pound. So glad im back on track. Def sticking to it this time. Cheating really isnt worth it.
Thanks again
Lisa x

Hi Lisa hows things with you, hope you are ok......!
I have had a bad day, woke up at 1am with splitting headache and pain behind my right eye.......usually when I have a head like this a sandwich does actually help.....so had a ham sarnie and a walk to school(in the wind) and feel a bit better now, it hurts the right side of my head when I stand up.

Hi Lisa hows things with you, hope you are ok......!
I have had a bad day, woke up at 1am with splitting headache and pain behind my right eye.......usually when I have a head like this a sandwich does actually help.....so had a ham sarnie and a walk to school(in the wind) and feel a bit better now, it hurts the right side of my head when I stand up.

Hi Sonkie,

Sorry didnt get bak to you b4. I only have access to computer at work so can only sneak on now and again.

Sounds like you r getting a migraine or something. Hate getting those. When i do i normally have to drug myself to the eyeballs and hide under the covers for a few days. Good for you going out for a walk and everything. How you feeling now?

Lisa :)

Back