Totally confused by veggie portions and carbs

imso

I've read the two stickies but i still can't get my head around how much veg i can have. I'm struggling to count using cups,it just doesn't make sense. so really want to weigh my veg and work it out like that. Trouble is all the sites i've looked at give different information. For example, one site says 28g of celery is 1g, another site says 100g of celery is 0.9g.
Is there an accurate veg list anywhere that works in weights and not cups please?
(or if someone could tell me the basics)
Thanks in advance :)

Ditto to my fitness pal!
Always look for the entries with the most confirmations (i.e. people have confirmed the nutritional information as correct)
I find it pretty accurate xx

i've been using myfitnesspal a bit but even on there some of the entries for certain produce are conflicting and again sometimes they only list cups as weight sizes.. Never thought to look for the ones that have the most confirmations though :)

Why the problem with cups? I just used 3 mugs of chopped green leaf veggie s a day, simple

The problem i have with cups is, when it comes to measuring things like lettuce leaves, cauli, etc. I'm sure i'd be having smaller portions than i'm allowed for my daily carbs, as they don't fit in cups very well ;)

ah, OK, I just shredded/chopped and crammed it into a mug :)

Back