Totally demotivated

parkerr

:cry:i decided this morning after my nightshift to weigh myself and in my first week so far i have lost 2lbs my actual weigh in day is tomorrow (Thurs) how can this be? everyone has had great 1st week loses :cry::cry::cry:

Hi Parker
Sorry you're feeling fed up! Do you always do nightshifts and did you weigh yourself straight after a nightshift too? I'd imagine that would be the same as me weighing myself at the end of the day, when I often weigh 3-4lbs more than I do first thing. I think the best time to weigh in is when you've just woken up, after going for a wee and before eating or drinking anything. Even then you'll get odd readings sometimes - my weight has been up and down a bit this week but I think thats because its so hot and I'm retaining water (puffy ankles, argh!)
Rest assured that sticking to the diet you'll burn 3-4lbs of fat every week, sometimes this will show on the scales as more because of losing water too and sometimes it will show as less because of hormonal/ water changes. But if you're sticking to TS the fat is going!
Try to keep going, you'll see the results soon and you'll feel amazing
Good luck
LED xxx

Thanks LED i am hoping that is the problem me weighing straight after a night shift, i will weigh myself on the way to work tonight as im on nights tonight too. I do shift work so i do a mixture of days and night shifts. Hopefully there will be a bit of a difference in the weight. Its so hard on the first week and i really wasnt expecting that when i got on the scales today thats for sure... oh well time for sleep and hopefully all will be ok later

Hi Parker
That will definitely be a big part of it - hope you get a more accurate reading when you wake up later!
LED x

Agree with Mambo and LED. Try not to get on the scales if you can, they can change your mindset completely. Also depending on where you weigh can make a big difference. Moving my scales from one room to another can add a couple of lbs!

Hope you have a successful WI tomorrow. Remember any loss is a loss and better off than on. Good luck x

Ban the scales and carry on - weight can fluctuate by as much as 7 lbs in a day. Its nights, that alone makes you retain fluid, it will all work out. This diet works.
GSQ

Hi all, I am on day 3 of exante sole source and have been dying to get on the scales!! Am forcing myself to wait until Monday and am hoping for good loss as had mega binge before starting and weighed a ton!!!
Good luck and well done to everyone xx

Looks like we are starting at the same weight! Im on day 10 now and and kinds giddy / excited about losing weight - I am actually believing I will do it with exante. Hope you are feeling better after some sleep - let us know what your weigh in is....

take care , emma x

Thanks everyone i weighed later on at 4lbs which is not great to some people but i am convinced to stay on it so i will carry on as normal and i will leave those scales from now on and just weigh on Thursdays as planned, plus i will not weigh after night shifts. I am due on aswell so i dont think this helps the situation..

TOTM definitely doesn't help but 4lbs is pretty fab anyway... that's over a quarter of a stone already! You're likely to get the same or a bit more next week once TOTM out of the way, so chances are you're only a week away from over half a stone lost and out of those 15s into the 14s... not bad for a fortnight!
Glad you're sticking with it, its so easy to get downhearted by the scales but I try not to take them too seriously as on this diet I know 100% that it will work and that I'm burning a little bit off my fat tummy every day :D
Keep it up!
LED x

Well my official weigh day was today and i have lost 6lbs so i am soo happy with that and now thats it i am not weighing myself until next thursday and no sneaky peaks either as they are too disheartening, im just glad i carried on and didnt cave in.

That is a great loss - well done!

I am really pleased for you parkerr. 6lbs is a fab loss, nearly half a stone in a week and at TOTM. Ban the scales until next Thursday x

Well done you.......that is brilliant xxxxxxx
It is killing me not stepping on the scales but feeling much lighter already and can't wait to weigh in on Monday!
Keep going everyone x

Thank you all, Dont get on the scales until your WI as it can be demotivating i made that mistake and i wont be doing it again thats for sure xx

Well my official weigh day was today and i have lost 6lbs so i am soo happy with that and now thats it i am not weighing myself until next thursday and no sneaky peaks either as they are too disheartening, im just glad i carried on and didnt cave in.

Well done Parkerr, my start weight was a bit more than yours, I just weighed Thurs week 9 and although only 1lb this week I've lost a total of 36lb, keep at it, keep away from scales until weigh day, it really does work. Will look out for you next Thursday..:D

Back