Totally Mongoosed....

Stats now updated ;)

Last week I found that I could 3 meals a day without using many syns... maybe a bit of gravy but everything else free. So I used up syns by having hot chocolate, the odd tipple and a little chocolate. I think as I get more adventurous I'll start to use syns in my meals maybe?

Can do but I generally prefer to use mine for chocolate, biscuits and crisps. My meals are still mostly syn free (or low syn) but it's nice to have the flexibility.

Gail x

P.S. You've dropped into the next BMI point down too :)

Another good day... I tried to eat different things today so:

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs on 1 slice toast

Lunch: Fat free cottage cheese on ryvita plus punnet of cherries

Supper: Quorn burger, cous cous, roasted veg

Snacks: boiled egg and 2 after eights :eek:

Additional Syns: half a tablespoon of olive oil

Not a great day for fruit - took a banana and apple to work as well as the cherries but I didn't eat them.

I'm under on my syns but fine with that because Monday night I went way over......

The end of the week has been mixed.... yesterday I went from meeting to meeting and ended up just having fruit for lunch. Got home and had a boiled egg and some quorn (protein fix!!) then walked into town and had an organic carrot and coconut soup (which I have no idea on the syns but it seemed healthy and not too coconutty!)..... so far, not so bad, but then I went to sainsburys and Jacques cider half price :eek: Never seen that before and had a bottle. I decided that with the coconut and Jacques I had definitely used my 15 syns....

Today I have been on my best behaviour. Had a planned lunch out at pizza express. Had the pizza with salad in the middle - 500 cals = 25 syns. Normally I would have dough balls first and then later we'd have coffee and a cake - but today I didn't have a starter or any cake. Breakfast was syn free. So I now have all my hexa and hexb's left but the syn bank is overdrawn :eek:

Had a good day yesterday until 8.30pm when some friends called round and I had 3 glasses of wine.... half of the 18 syns came out of yesterdays allowance. The other 9 would be covered by the syns I hasn't used in the week. My scales today show a great loss but will see what happens at weigh in tonight!

Pleased to report a 3lb loss tonight :)

My OH said 'oh well, it's still a loss'...... I have educated him that 3lb is a really good loss and that I wouldn't expect to lose as much as I did last week again!!

Now I have to be strict with myself this week. Last week I pushed my syns to their limit with a wine binge last night and went to pizza express. I feel like I 'got away with it' but I dont want to slip into bad habits. Would love to get a stone off by within the next 2 weeks - so that's 5.5lbs so a tad ambitious :)

WELL DONE. 3lbs is great.

I agree with your attitude about syns. Sometimes you will get away with pushing your syns but I try not to do it deliberately and when I do, I feel relieved and determined not to go over again rather than trying it again.

I'm so impressed at how you managed at Pizza Express - that really is brilliant.

Well done again !

Gail x

Good loss! Well done!!!

Thanks for the positive comments again :)

Having a very good and varied week again. Tonight I made vegetarian pad thai and it was so scrummy I'm having another go at it tomorrow ;)

I'm well within my points and the only faux pas has been a banana smoothie with I didn't syn because it was just a banana with a splash of milk :confused:

Next week I'm doing the learn to run course again and have my sights set on a 10k in June..... :whacky068:

Alls well with the mongoose!

Mongoose my twin! We are the same height, weight and are both green day veggie girls. Spooooky!!! :eek:

I will be keeping an eye on you :D

Well done on your great losses so far. You meals look lovely :)

Hello Silly Sausage :)

The only thing that's different is our target, but I do ultimately want to get to 154lb / 11 stone / BMI 25 ie not in the overweight category ;)

Hi Mongoose,

The pad thai sounds delicious - can you post the recipe please ? Good luck with the running. I am signed up for a 10k run in spring but I have been somewhat hampered by my knee :-( (and a little bit by motivation.....:eek:). Hope it all goes well.

Gail x

Had pad Thai again last night too!

My version is to use a stir fry mix (just a basic one) plus extra mushrooms, onion, pepper and baby corn. Stir fry these and add garlic ginger and chilli (which I sauted up first). I make a couple of really thin one egg omelettes and cut them up. Stir it all in together with some cooked noodles. Splash of soy sauce and its yummy!

Last nights chilli was a bit hotter and I put a bit more ginger in. I'm loving experimenting with favours...

What a way to spend a Saturday morning.... sat in the car in the rain waiting for my OH to finish in the dentists! Glad I'm out here and he's in there!

Heading on next to look at some bikes. Ours were stolen last week and I'm still really annoyed and upset about it. We work hard to afford to buy things and then other people think they have the right to take them. So we're looking at some funky folding bikes we can keep inside.

Had omelette for breakfast - its a wonder I don't look like and egg! Hoping OH doesnt suggest lunch out but already decided its skinny chips for supper :)

Yum yum. Thanks. Good luck with the bike shopping and have fun.

Gail x

Well we did go out for lunch.... not one sw friendly thing on the menu for veggies. Had houmous starter which is ok as a hex b? Then I had pan fried gnochi with goats cheese and pesto. Side order green salad.

Only had some home made wedges for supper and lots of water. So tried to get back on track. Been under my syns all week so maybe I have a bit of slack!

Aiming for a perfect Sunday.

Good news.... Got a bike and been out on it already.... makes a change from all the walking I've been doing.

And the bad news.... got a leak in the central heating pipes. Have found it, no damage but its in a really hard to get to place. Heating off til we can dismantle the cupboard and seal it, but we have a fire so its still toastie and I've put the electric blanket on :)

I didn't have a perfect Sunday. Ate out at lunch and chose the least damaging meal... now I just want to get this weigh in over and done with tonight!

One thing I have found v easy is giving up wine! Must be saving thousands of calories a week and lots of £££s

Weigh in tonight and I've lost another 2lbs.... very pleased with that!

I think that this is the longest I've stuck to a diet in many years and I'm still feeling motivated (I know it's only been 3 weeks but I have rubbish willpower!!)

This week's obstacle is that I'm eating out tomorrow night. I've chosen the healthiest sounding veggie dish and not having a starter or dessert. I have a very stressful week ahead at work too, but I am 100% confident that if I plan ahead, I will stay on the wagon :rolleyes:

Well done mongoosed on your loss and your attitude. I have to get used to eating out because I do it lots. I try to plan as much as possible and then stick to my plan.

I am so pleased to hear how positive you are. It won't always be like that (in my experience) but stick with it, the negative times hopefully won't last to long and the results will get you through :). It's a great feeling and it's lovely to hear it from you.

Gail x

Back