Totally Mongoosed....

Thanks for the support but I don't deserve it.... fallen off the wagon!

Yesterday I was ok all day but ate out and the healthiest veggie dish was baked butternut - ok so fat - with leeks in a creamy sauce and mozzarella.... hmmm.... I had a glass of wine but no starter or pud. Hard to syn it up but possibly just about within my allowance.

Today was the day at work I knew would be horrendous. My reaction was to go out for food again tonight. Had chips and cauliflower cheese flan and a creme egg and 2 mixed fruit ciders....

Need a big marker pen to draw a line under today. Still have 4 whole days before weigh in.

Running class tomorrow and will do something energetic at the weekend which will help, I hope.

it is difficult to get back on track after having a blow out but the sooner you do the easier it will be for you - good luck

That's the thing mongoosed, sometimes these things happen despite our best intentions and thoughts. So what matters now is not what you've done but what you do now. So big hugs, don't beat yourself up and get back on it. and maybe do some reflection in a few days about why this happened and what you could do next time to either prevent it or do less damage.

Gail x

Pleased to report I've had 2 good days back on the wagon! Had a run yesterday too so feeling very positive! I'm having a few drinks tomorrow but will do my utmost to keep on track :)

Oh dear I may have spoken too soon :cry:

Yesterday was going really really well. I hadn't used any syns until after supper when the alcohol came out!

We'd gone out on our boat and met up with some friends and it was our first trip of the year so we got a bit carried away. I had a gin and slimline tonic, half a large bottle of Jacques, 3 decent sized glasses of wine, a handful of peanuts, 2 crackers with cheddar on and then 1 and a half slices of cheese on toast. I'm not sure at what point in the evening my cheese monster was unleashed, but it went on a rampage :eek:

I have been well under on my syns for two days and then today the only syn was a splash of veggie gravy.

Also, to try and make myself feel better about it all I went for a run at 9am today - only for 20 mins, but I then had a 40 min cycle ride.....

It's been a week of extremes - I've been terrible at least for 2 days and very good for 4 days. Roll on tomorrow night - weigh in at 5.30pm!

2lbs off tonight - that was a real relief to me so I obviously did enough of the good stuff:rolleyes:

13.5lbs in 4 weeks is amazing and I am so pleased with how this is going.

No weigh in for me next Monday - I'm away for a long weekend in Dublin and although I'm back home on the Monday, I'm not at work and I go to a class near work so I'm taking it as a holiday week. So I have to be very disciplined this week and straight back on plan when I get back from Dublin.

You've done brilliantly Kate. What we can achieve when we put our minds to it in 4 weeks eh!?

I know I have amazed my self also wondering how long the next stone will take lol. Ive started walking each day starting with 10/15 mins each day and will add to it bit by bit so hopefully that will help the weight come off a little quicker

Well done on your loss. That's fantastic news. Hope you have a really good week.

Gail x

Well I've had a lovely time in Dublin..... I hoped to shown a bit of control, and I think I did... but only a bit!
I'm not weighing in tonight so have 7 days to redeem myself and hopefully see a loss next week. I plan to do a lot more exercise too this week, although I walked a lot in Dublin too.

Glad you had a great weekend away. Well done for whatever you resisted. And for whatever you didn't, I hope you enjoyed it. Life is for living and enjoying and as long as you're prepared to accept the consequences, sometimes (occasionally) it's worth doing. Sounds like this weekend may have been one of those.

Hope you have a good SW week. Thanks for your comments on my thread.

Gail x

Thanks Gail - it did enjoy where I didn't resist!

Had a good couple of days. Well under on my sins, weighed pasta to be sensible, went for a run yesterday and my clothes are all hanging off me!

Yay. What a great feeling. Time to buy some new clothes in a different size ??

I'm so pleased that things are going well. You will get your stone shiny soon :)

Gail x

The problem I have with new clothes is there seems to be a huge difference between size 18 and 16. I can take some of my 18s off without undoing them but can I get anywhere near comfortable in 16s? Not a chance! Will see how much difference another half stone makes...

Really noticed the difference in my work trousers today... they were too tight to be decent 4 weeks ago and now they look lovely :rolleyes:

Had a couple of comments recently that were very well meant, but in a nutshell saying that surely I dont need to lose much more... I still weigh 14 stone + and as far as I can tell I am still only 5ft 6 tall so that definitely makes me overweight... obese even on the BMI scales. I have to keep myself focussed :cool:

Well that's another weekend over - have done quite well, only slightly straying but I tend to use syns flexibly anyway.

Roll on weigh in tomorrow night - I'm 0.5lb away from a stone off and hope to get it tomorrow ;)

I understand what you mean about the comments. I've started to get those too. When I say I'd like to lose at least another 1-1.5 stone (actually I probably want to lose at least another 2 or 2.5 !) they look at me aghast. I look back at them aghast and tell them not to worry, that I love my food too much to ever lose too much !!!!

Fingers crossed for you tomorrow. Great to hear about your trousers. There is nothing better than that :)

Gail x

Disappointing weigh in. Lost one pound.

Hoped for more given that this is a fortnights loss!

So I've been virtuous today and long may it continue....

Back