Totally syn free cake!

Roz V

Guessed that would get you all looking!!!

But it really IS totally syn free if you use this as your heb choice - you can even eat the whole cake in one day!!!

Spicy Scan Bran Ginger Cake
(OK, I can hear the moans!!!)

5 Scan Bran or Oat Bran (from SW, some H&B or Waitrose)
2 large carrots (about 150 gms) finely grated or wizzed in a mini chopper
7 tbsp low calorie sweetener
3 eggs, beaten
3 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg (or 1 tsp ground all-spice)

[FONT=Arial Black, sans-serif]Method

1. Pour boiling water over the Scan Bran, leave for 1 minute then drain and mash
  2. Mix the Scan Bran, carrot, sweetener and spices, stirring very thoroughly
  3. Add the beaten eggs, and stir until completely mixed
  4. Tip the mixture into a microwaveable dish – we've now 'standardised' on a Sainsbury's Basics 1litre container, which is approx 18 ½ cm x 13 ½ cm by 5cm deep, and gives excellent results
  5. Microwave on high for about 12 minutes – it should shrink a bit from the sides

That's it – quick and easy and tasty too!

I'm sure that others of you can come up with suggestions for different, totally free flavourings. Please do share!!!
[/FONT]

Wow this looks gorgeous. Can't wait to try it.

Iambe

i think i shall bite the old bullet and buy some scan bran and give this a go.. I love spicy carrot cake!

bump

Thanks for this!!cant wait to try it! :)

mmmm, just made this and its lovely, think id prefere abit more sweetner in, but then i like things sweet. Got to say im pleasantly surprised.

Can anyone tell me how many syns

I think its totally syn free, ive never heard of it but im going to have a go at making it, its sounds lovely and i looooooovvvvvvv cake!!!!

HI,

Is scan bran free on EE?

I looked it up on the syn tool and it said its 1 syn each...?

Thanks, hoping its free cos I fancy this ginger cake tonight!!

:eek:)

Elaine

elainer03 said:
HI,

Is scan bran free on EE?

I looked it up on the syn tool and it said its 1 syn each...?

Thanks, hoping its free cos I fancy this ginger cake tonight!!

:eek:)

Elaine

Hi Elaine, it's not free but it can be used as a healthy extra.

Dont wanna sound like a bore but its only syn free if you use your HeB for the Scan Bran. Remember you have to eat the whole cake in 1 day for it to count as HeB!!! Or half and half your HeB! Mines cooking now lol xx

iv just had some and its lovely, but theres no way in gods earth you could eat the whole thing in one day. Iv devided mine into 4 and you get a more than genorouse portion. Just had mine with some sweetened quark with vanilla extract in and it was devine. I think id much rather syn the cake and still have my HexB. Its only 5 for the whole cake, so gunna syn 2 today and then 1 the rest of the week. It will be nice to have something to look forward to on a night time. Think id cope better then through the day

Iv got some more scanbran left so going to make it again with the carrots, but this time add 4tsp coco powder (0.5s per tsp) and almond essence, make it into a chocolate cake. that would be 9 for the whole thing, which between 4 servings is only 2 syns per slice (plus a floating syn lol)

it is for scan bran, and i figure that if I have a piece every day, it should help with the weight loss and also ill have something sweet to look forward to on a night

Are holland & Barret & slim world class the only places to get these ? I went waitrose to look but no joy !!

I think so, I cant say iv ever seen them anyware else

Back