TOTM and i wanna give up

MrsDannyDyer

Silver Member
I hate this diet. I just dont think i can do this anymore, its to severe :cry: feel like im letting everyone down but its just so hard. ive got a sore head, n sore tummy n i cant swollow tablets with plain water, so if i have juice then i no it will all be over from there. help

Hey come on. Chin up!
You have come this far, please dont let your hormones make you give up.
Get a hot water bottle and put it on your tummy. It will help a little. I have been doing this for 2 months. I still lose when im on TOTM. How many diets do that?

Honey, if you stick with it it will work. Please ask yourself....do you wanna lose weight or not? if you do...i promise you will feel loads better in a couple of days when its over and you have stuck with it. I have thought about quitting on TOTM..i think everyone has. But then i realised...it just gave me an excuse. Make yourself a nice hot choc pack, curl up with a hot water bottle. Smile, knowing you are losing :)

BIG HUGS!

Hey baby,
the only advice i can give is imagine how disappointed you would feel if you stopped the diet,once TOTM is over and done with.
Burgerbuns advice is great, just stick in there and know we are all routing for you. Come on chick!!!!! xx

hey there, i started on the 3rd jan also, come on we can do it together

Don't give up hunny xxxxxx your allowed to have crap times and times when you cant go on but you can do it, stick it out till the end of your first week and you'll feel so much better like you've really acheived something :) chin up sweety x

2nd of jan restart for me and also TOTM so I know exactly how you're feeling at this moment in time hun. Don't give up you'll only beat yourself up over it after TOTM is over for giving up. Yes the diet is severe but that's because we have all let our weight problem get severe, think how much healthier you'll be in the long term (or on this diet compared to others, short term!;)).
Do you have any water flavourings you can use to take your tablets? If not although I know it's not recommended have you thought about using a can of coke zero?

Last edited:
how about having a cup of tea with skimmed milk and a sweetner if you normally have sugar. skimmed milk is allowed on SS plus so it wont affect you much if at all. i always feel better after a cuppa and you could take your tablets with it as well??

hope you feel better... i know this diet is hard, but i have come off it before to do 'healthy eating' and the losses just dont happen for me like they do on CD. stick at it it WILL be worth it.

xx

Baby, my totm too and restarted on 2nd Jan. I think a lot of how yukky you are feeling comes from being on day 3 of CD... it can be the trickiest day, even without totm added into the mix! Please give it a few more days before you make any big decisions about whether it is or isn't the right diet for you. If you can get through today and let ketosis kick in properly, you'll be on a home run from there... honest! As others have suggested, forget the juice and have a warming hot drink with your painkillers... you will feel better. We're all agreed on wanting you to hang on in there because this diet really does work... it just takes a bit of getting into, that's all! You can do it!
xx

how about having a cup of tea with skimmed milk and a sweetner if you normally have sugar. skimmed milk is allowed on SS plus so it wont affect you much if at all. i always feel better after a cuppa and you could take your tablets with it as well
This is a very good idea tea makes me feel fuller and would help you take your tablets.

Thanks everyone. I ended up making the flavourings in my water, as i dont drink tea. It may slow down the weight loss starting the flavourings. but where everyone can adjust to drinking black tea/coffee ive had to give up juice and its been very hard. so at least i managed my painkillers. im lying on the couch frozen and so tired, yet i managed 11 hours sleep last nite!!! feel really lazy today

Thanks everyone. I ended up making the flavourings in my water, as i dont drink tea. It may slow down the weight loss starting the flavourings. but where everyone can adjust to drinking black tea/coffee ive had to give up juice and its been very hard. so at least i managed my painkillers. im lying on the couch frozen and so tired, yet i managed 11 hours sleep last nite!!! feel really lazy today

Sending love n hugs x

You can do this.. Jst try and chill out today.. take it is easy as you can.

When you get through this hard day.. the rush of satisfaction you will get.. will go towards making it worth it x

You poor thing. Sending you lots of {{{{hugs}}}}.

If it's any consolation, I've never found that water flavourings have had any effect on my weight loss/ketosis - there's a good chance it'll be fine.

Hope you feel better soon

Stick with it Hun - it will get better. The first few days to a week are the hardest as you are making big adjustments to your usual routine - top that off with TOTM and no wonder you feel crappy. Just try and get through it hour by hour, litre by litre :tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop: , shake by shake - and feel proud of yourself for doing so. The sore head will go - just keep on drinking steadily and try and get through these bad days.

When you get on those scales at the end of your week, it will have all been so worth it - and will spur you on for the coming week.

Stay strong - you can do it x

Just wanted to repeat what everyone said, it is soooooo hard but so worth it! Some people are quick to get into ketosis and don't really suffer but others do, I had a nightmare first 5 days and then on day 6 started to feel a bit better, after the first 2 weeks you will feel so much more comfortable mentally so by the time the next totm comes you should feel alot stronger (although it can still feel a bit rocky but having the previous big losses will see you through).

Get lots of rest and use everything in you to keep going, you will feel very proud of yourself, big hugs xx

i fully sympathise babybaillie i too am having a tough day and have thought about giving up despite only being on day 8 lol and having lost a stone in the 1st week and buying 2 weeks worth of foodpacks last night. Starving today and this baltic weather is making it worse i think....i keep find myself day dreaming about what meals and food i fancy. This is a crisis point for me but i know i've got to persist, yes i'd feel great for about 24 hours if i gave up and went and ate proper food to warm up but i know the day after that i would depressed at having failed so early and then would be a bigger thought to get back on the wagon........this ain't easy though and hats off to all the folk on here who've been on it for months i really wish i had their willpower

How are you feeling now?

i fully sympathise babybaillie i too am having a tough day and have thought about giving up despite only being on day 8 lol and having lost a stone in the 1st week and buying 2 weeks worth of foodpacks last night. Starving today and this baltic weather is making it worse i think....i keep find myself day dreaming about what meals and food i fancy. This is a crisis point for me but i know i've got to persist, yes i'd feel great for about 24 hours if i gave up and went and ate proper food to warm up but i know the day after that i would depressed at having failed so early and then would be a bigger thought to get back on the wagon........this ain't easy though and hats off to all the folk on here who've been on it for months i really wish i had their willpower

How are you feeling now?

I couldnt do it anymore. That diet was t severe for me. I just couldnt stop thinking about food. And its not as though I was hungry... My head was pounding for days, had enough today and just had a proper dinner, and do feel heaps better. Realisticly i dont know how i would have managed it once back to work. I do 13.5 hour shifts on an orthapedic ward, and its very heavy... i just dont think id have coped. Feel rotten that i havent managed it. Think i will just go back to ww. At least i can lose weight and still have a life.

Your doing great!!! keep it up.. keep in touch n let me know how ur doin xx

Go on make me really sick and tell me what you had for your dinner lol?????

I understand and you gotta do what feels right for you. Last week when i was at home the diet was quite easy, this week being back at work is much more physically draining up at 6am and commute into london on trains with 40mins walk at each end of the day to/from the station & office its alot tougher this week. Plus I have come down with this cold/throat bug doing the rounds so that is making it tougher. Thinking about using up the 2 weeks of packs i have left and then thought about moving to atkins!! the thought of eating a diet of meat and cheese right now makes my mouth water!!
Anyway best of luck and don't beat yourself up most of all, this really ain't easy one bit & now getting tougher.

BB, big hugs. Please don't beat yourself up... been thinking of you all day, knowing how much you were struggling. The odds were stacked against you I guess. CD is not the only way, and you can get great results on ww too... just wanted to say, don't feel rotten, it's OK. A diet has to fir in with your lifestyle or it's not going to be sustainable - maybe this just wasn't right for you. You're on the same path as the rest of us, just taking a slightly different route.
xxx

Thanks u guys xx

scottishguy im not telling u what i had cause that wouldnt b fair. A friend of mine did atkins and lost a lot of weight. I had a boss as well and he did fab on atkins. He lost about 4 stone really quick and everyday he was at the burger van lol like u say u have to do whats good for u...

I hope u all do great xx

Back