TOTM first week I start a vlcd....anyone know why??

Blue Butterfly

Gold Member
Ok sorry guys if this is tmi but I'm getting annoyed....it's my fault I know for having so many first weeks but that's not the point!

Every single time I start or restart a vlcd in the very first week, usually on day 2-3, I get my totm.
It's happened too many times to be just a coincidence!
My periods are all over the place and I sometimes go months without having one.

So does anyone know why I happen to get my totm in the first week of doing a vlcd?
It just seems odd that my cycle is all over the place but start a vlcd and here comes totm!

Thanks of you have any answer for me. x

hormones !!!! The process of ketosis , the breaking down of fat cells for energy , also releases oestrogen , which can bring on TOTM ......when I first did TFR I had the implant and I had a constant TOTM for about 5 months !!!!

Ah thank you!
Jeez 5 months?? You poor thing, last time mine lasted for 3 weeks and I didn't lose any weight on my first week, I was gutted.

Ooh, that makes sense - it doesn't bring on my TOTM, but it does usually cause them to last longer than normal which is a bit of a pain in the bum. Iiiiiinteresting.....

I just wanna cry!
That means I'll still be on come sunday which is my weigh in day and I'll be all bloated and will have not lost any weight, ggrrrr to being a woman!

Weight loss in general increases fertility, also screws with hormones most peoples periods are effected in one way or the other :-s pest of hell

Ah interesting indeed! Hmmm some people ttc swear by vlcds as in when they were on one they fell prego straight away wonder if there's actually something in that

Hmmm I can hope :) as I'm ttc incase you hadn't guessed lol

Ah interesting indeed! Hmmm some people ttc swear by vlcds as in when they were on one they fell prego straight away wonder if there's actually something in that

Hmmm I can hope :) as I'm ttc incase you hadn't guessed lol

Oh hell, I'd better stay away from my bf when he comes home in april then.....dont want any babies til I've lost my weight!

If its a true period (rather than a break through bleed) then it was going to come anyway.

You need to shed the lining of the uterus to have a period and it normally happens when an egg isnt fertilised. Sometimes the lining is shed without ovulation but generally it will need to hormones decreasing over more than just 2-3 days.

Hey you know what, I was too embarrassed to ask this question.

I noticed loads of people to have delayed ones but never brought on.

Mine started a couple of days ago, nothing major - I don't bleed on my pill so it must be the hormones and stuff.

God so glad I'm not the only one.

Thanks for being brave and posting xxx

I've had this today, seem to have come on when I'm not due, and I'm on the pill so am very regular.

I sometimes get the odd bit of spotting, although haven't for a while, but this is proper bleeding. Hopefully it will go away again! I'm a week and a half into exante.

Back