TOTM issues :/

phoenixx

Hi all....

Question for the girls here -

I've read sometimes people have menstrual changes and things when on VLCD's... though its never something I experienced before (at least not knowingly, I have PCOS and I Probably wouldnt know what to do with normal ones).... but this is definately not normal.

I got came on the day after starting my diet.... next month it seemed early, but I didnt pay too much attention asside from a passing thought.... the next one I started to feel concerned, that definately was around two weeks early.... 9 days after ending that one, here it is again. >.<

So thats four.... in ten weeks. They're light for me but not superlight and lasting 4-6 days... and the gap betweens getting smaller and smaller - at this rate by next month i'll just have a constant one!

So I guess my questions are;

have any of you experienced things like this on this diet? Do you think its the diet? :s And.... for any of you longer-term members, does it get better? :/

Your experience sounds pretty normal to me from what's happened to me. From no TOTM, within the first month it returned and with a vengeance. At one point it went on for almost 2 weeks and at others, I had erratic patterns like 6 days on, 3 days off. The accompanying pain brought tears to my eyes and the flow was incredibly heavy too (sorry tmi) When I asked the girls on here, they said it was something to do with a hormone(I think) which is inactive when covered in fat but becomes active when the fat reduces (you can tell from this I am not science smart...loool).

In the past couple of months though, I seem to be regulating and I now know TOTM comes around the first week of the month. Still lasting a good 7 days or so, but getting lighter and less painful too.

Oestrogen is stored in fat (apparently) so it's quite common for TOTM to hit when you are on this sort of diet as you are losing fat so rapidly. Things will settle down in time.

Me too! I was just coming to the end of my period and started the diet and then the next day It got heavier, and 10 days into the diet I am still bleeding! :-/
Hopefully it will end soon! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back