TOTM- why does SnS do this?

iwillbethinagain

Silver Member
I have had a hunt and although it has been mentioned a few times no one seems to have given an answer. I am on a pill that means I don't have TOTM. In the nearly 11 months I have been on it I have never had an issue, until today! Actually had to borrow a tampon from a girl at uni!

I know this has happened to at least one other SnS dieter but does anyone know why? I have been on the pill 10years so have no idea what an actual TOTM is like these days and I don't have PCOS and I am not heavily over weight (wasn't when I started the diet).

It's something to do with the oestrogen levels stored in fat depleting quickly because the fat is going. I do have pcos, and endometriosis and fibroids (go me! full house!) but still have a very regular cycle. Despite this, and ovulating right on target on day 14 of this cycle, 2 days later I started to get a little bleeding, and I've had it all day today too.

Just one of the joys I think....

But they don't reduce effectiveness, right??!!!

I was going to ask the same question tonight - I've been on SnS for coming up to 4 weeks now and I've been "on" the entire time. This week is especially heavy, it's really getting me down. I feel so bloated and wonder if my weight loss would be better if I didn't have TOTM. Just had enough now :(

I've been for my nurse check up today and asked - she didn't consider it anything to worry about and would likely sort itself in a couple of cycles once levels start to stabilise. It is known that one of the effects of a vlcd is to increase fertility, and I don't think that's just about the weight loss (I'm hoping so!) so perhaps a chat with your gynae/doc/nurse might be an idea if you are actively preventing. A friend of mine who has been trying for near on 15 years and totally written off by the NHS gave birth to her son 3 months ago after losing on a vlcd - fingers crossed for a similar result for me, but it's not so great for those not wanting to.

It got very invasive for me personally so I finally gave in and went back to hormonal contraception. Now have nothing

Know a lot of people bleed through on pills, implants or coils whilst on plan

I found the one pill that stops me bleeding so that's that now till I can get sterilized. See your doctor, after 30+ days of it I couldn't cope anymore, was barely managing to get to work and was costing a bomb!! don't put up with it, worth trying some medication (hormonal or non hormonal)

Hope it settles for you guys soon x

Vlcd can definitely increase fertility, I had my baby 3 years ago and one lady on here had tried for years, given up and adopted, then found herself happily but un expectantly pregnant after losing a few stone.

i'd not tried to get pregnant before, but lost 4 stone with a vlcd and got pregnant immediately. Warning, vlcd's can lead to the pitter patter of tiny feet

Pitter patter did happen to me too ! I was on the Cambridge diet 3 years ago and 8 weeks in found I was pregnant, lovely suprise as we had been trying for a while before VLCD ! I am currently on the pill but had a miscarriage earlier in the year so my cycle has been on / off, but just seems permanently on now. Good idea re the 30 days RebeccaR, will give it to then and if it's not under control, will need to get to the docs ... fingers crossed ! x

I think i jinxed myself reading this!
I haven't had a totm for a few years, the jab and then the pill has stopped them (yay!) they were excruciatingly painful
What do i have today, cramps :cry:
I forgot what these were like! and i'm totally unprepared! *sobs*

Oh gosh, you have all scared me now, def a trip to docs I think, I do not want the pitter patter of tiny feet, ever, but definitely not now! I loved the lack of TOTM on my new pill! I hate the damn thing.

Back