Tough Time? Not Losing? Don't give up...

Auburn

x x x
Hello :)

So some of you know, I have had a bit of a tough time with the ol' healthy eating plan lately.

So I officially joined a class. And then life got more manic - Work stress meant I was eating all the wrong stuff, comfort eating, kidding myself that I was sticking to it religiously when really, it was more like 2 days a week I was in points and 5 days, well, lets not go there.
The problem was not so much my own motivation, but lack of preparation. Training and meetings at work had lunches provided, which were buffets laden with mayonnaise filled sandwiches, pastry rolls, marinated chicken skewers, mini pies and stuff, not to mention cakes, donuts, cream cakes, biscuits, etc etc etc.
Not easy to point that... Plus client entertaining meals out at night, team building days... Its not EASY to "just have a salad" or whatever, when everyone else is tucking into a big steak with all the trimmings...

So for the past 4 weeks, I had managed to stay the same 2 weeks, and put on two weeks. 4lbs on in total. Not good. Not impressed with myself. Blaming the points not working, blaming me not being good enough...

But my consultant, and my mini-mates here say stick at it, keep going, don't lose faith... So I stuck at it... and today, I lose 2lbs.

Hurrah :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say, that life sometimes gets in the way. Throws stumbling blocks at our feet, and tries to trip us up. Sometimes, it works.... but in the end, stay focussed and it'll come right.

Not that I have all the answers like, I just wanted to shout from the rooftops cos I FINALLY LOST SOMETHING AGAIN!!!!! :phahaha!
Keep smiling :) x

well done you! that's really encouraged me! I'm in the same boat at the moment. Not been sticking to my points... but I'm determined to be at least a stone lighter for christmas x

:D well done!!

well done,it must be really hard when you have a food filled life around you.
My weight loss has slowed right down am sticking to it but after 7 months my bodys got clever and said hold on........
So next week I am as mad as a Im doing bootcamp ??? lol

Well done on your excellent loss xx

Hi Auburn, I wondered where you'd gone!! Good to see you back.

Yeah you're right, life does throw obstacles in our path but it's up to us to step over them and not let them get in our way.

To be constantly confronted with high pointed food must be difficult. I went on a course where there was food provided, but I took my own with me and told the others I had an intolerance and had to watch what I ate. It worked!! No-one bothered about me unwrapping my sandwiches made with ww'ers bread. They didn't know that lol.

Keep at it girl, you are doing well and we are all here for you if needed xx

Back