Tough Time? Not Losing? Don't give up...

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Auburn, 14 October 2010 Social URL.

1. Auburn

Auburn x x x

Diet:
    Not Eating Like a Pig
    Hello :)

So some of you know, I have had a bit of a tough time with the ol' healthy eating plan lately.

So I officially joined a class. And then life got more manic - Work stress meant I was eating all the wrong stuff, comfort eating, kidding myself that I was sticking to it religiously when really, it was more like 2 days a week I was in points and 5 days, well, lets not go there.
    The problem was not so much my own motivation, but lack of preparation. Training and meetings at work had lunches provided, which were buffets laden with mayonnaise filled sandwiches, pastry rolls, marinated chicken skewers, mini pies and stuff, not to mention cakes, donuts, cream cakes, biscuits, etc etc etc.
    Not easy to point that... Plus client entertaining meals out at night, team building days... Its not EASY to "just have a salad" or whatever, when everyone else is tucking into a big steak with all the trimmings...

So for the past 4 weeks, I had managed to stay the same 2 weeks, and put on two weeks. 4lbs on in total. Not good. Not impressed with myself. Blaming the points not working, blaming me not being good enough...

But my consultant, and my mini-mates here say stick at it, keep going, don't lose faith... So I stuck at it... and today, I lose 2lbs.

Hurrah :)

Anyway, I just wanted to say, that life sometimes gets in the way. Throws stumbling blocks at our feet, and tries to trip us up. Sometimes, it works.... but in the end, stay focussed and it'll come right.

Not that I have all the answers like, I just wanted to shout from the rooftops cos I FINALLY LOST SOMETHING AGAIN!!!!! :phahaha!
    Keep smiling :) x

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. xxchristiexx

xxchristiexx Team Reem

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    well done :) and ur so right :) we all have ups n downs due to everyday life :)xx

Mini and Auburn like this.
  4. Tanya c

Tanya c Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    7st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Diet Chef
    well done you! that's really encouraged me! I'm in the same boat at the moment. Not been sticking to my points... but I'm determined to be at least a stone lighter for christmas x

5. CherrySummer

CherrySummer Silver Member

Start Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :D well done!!

6. Vixs

Vixs Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st11lb(23.66%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Well done. Just shows that it pays off if you hang in there. :)

Mini likes this.
  7. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Well done:happy096:

8. size102b

size102b Banned

well done,it must be really hard when you have a food filled life around you.
    My weight loss has slowed right down am sticking to it but after 7 months my bodys got clever and said hold on........
    So next week I am as mad as a Im doing bootcamp ??? lol

Well done on your excellent loss xx

9. Hazykay

Hazykay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(17.29%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Hi Auburn, I wondered where you'd gone!! Good to see you back.

Yeah you're right, life does throw obstacles in our path but it's up to us to step over them and not let them get in our way.

To be constantly confronted with high pointed food must be difficult. I went on a course where there was food provided, but I took my own with me and told the others I had an intolerance and had to watch what I ate. It worked!! No-one bothered about me unwrapping my sandwiches made with ww'ers bread. They didn't know that lol.

Keep at it girl, you are doing well and we are all here for you if needed xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.