Tough Week!!

fifi70

Silver Member
Since being weighed on Monday and losing a paltry 1.5lb, I have been in the most awful mood, and have only just (today) been able to snap out of it. I've felt very hungry this week even though I've been drinking water. I've had no get up n go; just couldn't be bothered. What cheered me up today though, was my weekly measurements. I've lost another inch off my waist and boobs. Isn't it amazing how something so simple as taking measurements can transform your mood. I have been like a woman on a mission today; doing my mum's shopping (she's disabled), and laying a new hall carpet (it looks gorgeous by the way, but where did I get the energy??). I feel more positive now and have come to the thinking that although some weeks the weight loss might be low, but changes are still happening with the tape measure. This weight loss journey is slowly beginning to chip away at the negative attitude that I have been burdened with, and a more positive person is beginning to emerge. I hope that when I get to my target of 8st 7lb I can bury the shy unconfident me forever. Goodness me; I feel better even more for getting that off my chest, phew!!! Just hope I haven't depressed anyone!

Dont be disheartened 1.5 lb is a loss which is a bonus, it all adds up. I think losing weight is a great big mind game.........and I wanna play!
Keep busy, keep active, keep losing, keep positive but more than anything keep happy x

Well done Fifi on lifting your mood! You are right, the weeks we seem to lose a lttle amount are the weeks we lose more inches, which i guess in a way is what is important as its makes us feel great.

Well done again, keep it up xxx

well done you! Isnt it a great feeling when the inches start to disappear? I love trying on clothes that havn't fitted for ages and now do. It's like having a shopping spree without spending any money. Don't feel down hearted you are doing really well. Hope ou have another good week hun :)

Talking to others who are doing LT is definitely a bonus, everyone is doing so well. I've posted before about my friend trying LT, but she gave up part way into her 2nd week, she didn't like it, which is fine, but she now puts the diet down saying that it is unhealthy and will make me ill. She's doing slimfast now, cos she can have a tipple at the weekend, but I'm made to feel that I'm doing something bad. I've bitten my tongue and let her go on; but after today when I measured myself and found I've lost 4 inches off my waist (altogether), I'm going to let it all go in one ear and out the other, maybe its a bit of the greeneyed monster, but a bit of support would be nice. My hubby has been brill and tells me to take no notice, but sometimes it's hard. I'll be laughing when I get to goal. Thanks guys. It's good to talk

I know how you feel hun, my brother is very sceptical and keeps telling me i am being ridiculous! he said its normal not to eat. I actually find it insulting as i think i am pretty intelligent and certainly not stupid! I would not do this if i was harming myself in any way. He thinks there is no chance of keeping it off but how does he know what is going on in my head...i am consiously changing my attitude to food!

Ooooh im ranting now aren't i? lol
My Fiance isn't much support either to be honest and i could't care less, I am doing this for me and my baby girl.
Thank god for mums, mine is so helpful.

Sorry guys i'll shut up now lol xxxx

you get it off your chest :Dx

Haha thankyou i will do that! x

Fiona, maybe your friend should have a look on this forum if she thinks this diet is unhealthy. She will see plenty of people whose lives have been renewed by this diet. I would count myself among this number, and I'm only a third of the way through it. And to be honest, the worst thing to have when you're trying to lose weight is alcohol. I hope you've told her about your four-inch loss...

Tracy, i know what u mean. My mum keeps asking me to stop as she thinks that I will have an heart attack, or do something to my insides as it's "not normal not to eat". In the past she has watched me drop weight through healthy eating and exercise. I still exercise, but my head has been in a different place, hence a 31/2 stone weight gain. All I want is to drop my weight as quickly as possible as I cannot bear to be this size any longer. I am hoping to do this plan until I am a weight and size I am happy with.

Tracy, i know what u mean. My mum keeps asking me to stop as she thinks that I will have an heart attack, or do something to my insides as it's "not normal not to eat". In the past she has watched me drop weight through healthy eating and exercise. I still exercise, but my head has been in a different place, hence a 31/2 stone weight gain. All I want is to drop my weight as quickly as possible as I cannot bear to be this size any longer. I am hoping to do this plan until I am a weight and size I am happy with.

I havnt told my parents what i am doing cos they would just go on and on and i couldnt bere it there is only a few people know im on it and they are very supportive so as i see it what they dont know about they cant grive over can they!!!!!

I agree i couldn't bear it any longer either, i used to exercise a lot and was quite fit and toned.Everything just went to pot when i had my daughter, and worse over last 18 months! I know how to be fit and healthy just want to get to correct weight that i know is more Me. I will then return to my old self!

We know what we are doing people just don't want to understand xx

I know what your saying but they are only worried which is nice, talk to them as knowledge dispels fear....................if they dont understand after that then sod em!

Yeah you go girl, kids eh?! xx

hahaha don't scare me mine is only 15 months!!!

Back