Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Aquasharine said:
Hi from Majorca. Popping in to check how you are, can see you've been quite under the weather post op x rest up and one day at a time, it will get better but be gentle on yourself and give yourself time. It is hard with ME to know for sure what causes things but the op drains your energy reserves and I'll impact greatly on the ME post op x your sustainable energy capacity will be less than usual, it would be for anyone but with ME the impact is much greater so do take it gently xx

France was fab Majorca is really lovely love Sharon xxx

Thanks so much for checking in, Sharon! I'm glad you're having a fabulous time, hopping from country to country, lol. I'm ok, thanks - as you say, I'm just struggling a bit with the post-op recovery, more than I expected really, but I've got another three weeks before my sick note runs out, so hopefully lots of rest should see me right by then! On the plus side, my weight's still inching downwards, think I'm about 8lbs over that elusive "normal" BMI now. Are you managing to make some good SW choices whilst you're away, but hopefully having some lovely treats too? :) xx

Re: Tracy's Post-Op Countdown to the Big 5-0

Hi Tracy
How are you feeling today? Any better?
And well done on the continued weight loss x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Lozbo said:
Hi Tracy
How are you feeling today? Any better?
And well done on the continued weight loss x

Hiya! I'm not too bad thanks, hon. I'm getting loads of rest, but not actually sleeping too well at night, which isn't like me at all - it's usually waking up that's the problem, lol. But the horrible burning throat I've had since the op is easing off, thank goodness!

I just commented on your diary about your terrific loss, you must be very pleased with that! :) xx

Hiya! I'm not too bad thanks, hon. I'm getting loads of rest, but not actually sleeping too well at night, which isn't like me at all - it's usually waking up that's the problem, lol. But the horrible burning throat I've had since the op is easing off, thank goodness!

I just commented on your diary about your terrific loss, you must be very pleased with that! :) xx

Glad that you are getting lots of rest but sorry to hear you arent sleeping. I have a lavender gel I use on my temples when I cant sleep which sometimes helps.
I remember the burning throat...it wasnt nice at all...glad its eased off hun.
Thanks for the comment on my diary...yes so pleased with my first week. I just have to make sure I keep at it now :)
Hope you are having a relaxing day xx

Lozbo said:
Glad that you are getting lots of rest but sorry to hear you arent sleeping. I have a lavender gel I use on my temples when I cant sleep which sometimes helps.
I remember the burning throat...it wasnt nice at all...glad its eased off hun.
Thanks for the comment on my diary...yes so pleased with my first week. I just have to make sure I keep at it now :)
Hope you are having a relaxing day xx

Thanks, hon! Lavender gel, eh? Where do you get that from? I do like lavender. I woke up with the throat burning again today, I knew I was pushing my luck saying it was easing off, lol. But I am having a relaxed day, just me and my beloved guinea pigs, who at least give me someone to talk to (I'll only worry when they start talking back!). How's your day? :) xx

I'm assuming that the burning in the throat is coming from your stomach ?? Would some aloe vera juice - cranberry help? Is meant to soothe every thing .. Or apple cider vinager and honey in warm water may help a sore throat?

Anyway I hope you feel better soon :)

Mis-behave said:
I'm assuming that the burning in the throat is coming from your stomach ?? Would some aloe vera juice - cranberry help? Is meant to soothe every thing .. Or apple cider vinager and honey in warm water may help a sore throat?

Anyway I hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks, Tara! I don't know what's causing it, to be honest. I was expecting a sore throat from the anaesthetic, but it seems to be going on a long time! But a sore throat is also a common ME symptom, or I could just have some sort of bug - who knows?! I'll have to look into getting one of the things you mentioned, maybe - do they have many calories? I was taking Buttercup Syrup at night for my cough, until I looked it up on MFP and it said it was 15 cals a spoonful, lol. Me, obsessive over calories, never!! :D xx

Last edited:

Thanks, hon! Lavender gel, eh? Where do you get that from? I do like lavender. I woke up with the throat burning again today, I knew I was pushing my luck saying it was easing off, lol. But I am having a relaxed day, just me and my beloved guinea pigs, who at least give me someone to talk to (I'll only worry when they start talking back!). How's your day? :) xx

M and S do a lavender temple balm for 4 pound. I just rub it into temples if I cant sleep and find it helps a bit.
Aww sorry to hear the throat burning is back. I know when I had it they originally said it can sometimes be where they have to put a tube down your throat and it can scratch a bit. But I think anesthetic dries your throat anyway. Plus with the ME it must be a nightmare for you trying to figure out what is causing what.
Haha yeah if they start to talk back then I'd be a little worried. I used to have 2 as a pet when I was young. They were cute.
My day was good thanks. How are you feeling today? x

Lozbo said:
M and S do a lavender temple balm for 4 pound. I just rub it into temples if I cant sleep and find it helps a bit.
Aww sorry to hear the throat burning is back. I know when I had it they originally said it can sometimes be where they have to put a tube down your throat and it can scratch a bit. But I think anesthetic dries your throat anyway. Plus with the ME it must be a nightmare for you trying to figure out what is causing what.
Haha yeah if they start to talk back then I'd be a little worried. I used to have 2 as a pet when I was young. They were cute.
My day was good thanks. How are you feeling today? x

Good morning, Laura! I'll have to look into the lander gel - I really need to start sleeping properly again! I'm still just feeling drained, fluey, sore throat etc. It's starting to annoy me now, lol. Who knows what's up with me, could be any number of things! I'm such an old wreck!! :D xx

Hi Tracy. Lack of sleep is awful...it causes so many problems and makes everything feel worse. Sometimes i just burn lavender oil and that can help. Are you feeling any better today? xx

Lozbo said:
Hi Tracy. Lack of sleep is awful...it causes so many problems and makes everything feel worse. Sometimes i just burn lavender oil and that can help. Are you feeling any better today? xx

Thanks, Laura. You know, I hardly dare say it, but I think I do feel a bit better today! I just managed to redo my hair colour - the old grey roots were in need of attention, lol - so I'm happy about that. You're right about lack of sleep, it's awful. I usually sleep like a log, from the minute my head hits the pillow, but I'm just uncomfortable at the moment. I think it's partly because my natural inclination is to go to sleep lying on my right side, but because that's where my op was, it hurts to lie on it at the moment so I'm being forced out of my comfort position, lol.

Think I might treat myself to some Soreen Fruity Five malt loaf at lunchtime - I just have to try not to eat the whole lot!! :D xx

Thanks, Laura. You know, I hardly dare say it, but I think I do feel a bit better today! I just managed to redo my hair colour - the old grey roots were in need of attention, lol - so I'm happy about that. You're right about lack of sleep, it's awful. I usually sleep like a log, from the minute my head hits the pillow, but I'm just uncomfortable at the moment. I think it's partly because my natural inclination is to go to sleep lying on my right side, but because that's where my op was, it hurts to lie on it at the moment so I'm being forced out of my comfort position, lol.

Think I might treat myself to some Soreen Fruity Five malt loaf at lunchtime - I just have to try not to eat the whole lot!! :D xx

Glad that you are feeling better...im hoping thats still the case today!
I find dying my hair or doing something to pamper myself always helps me to feel a little better itself.
I can remember that being annoying when I had my gallbladder out. I kept rolling onto that side and waking up.
Did you enjoy your Soreen malt loaf? Hope you have a nice day today and start feeling better now xx

Thanks, hon! I did enjoy my malt loaf, it was yummy - I'm a bit of a Soreen addict, lol, and my daughter loves it for her breakfast too. Trouble is I can never just have a slice or two, so have to only have it occasionally! I got fed up last night and tried to get to sleep on my right side, but no, still painful. I did sleep until 4.30am though, so that was an improvement.

How's it going with you? Are you still well on plan? It's just a matter of getting into the stride of things, making it become a habit (which is reckoned to take three weeks). When I started I allowed myself no deviations for the first four months, just to get it established. After that I felt comfortable having the odd day off, confident of being able to get back on it the day after. Have you decided how you're going to deal with food at Christmas?! :) xx

Thanks, hon! I did enjoy my malt loaf, it was yummy - I'm a bit of a Soreen addict, lol, and my daughter loves it for her breakfast too. Trouble is I can never just have a slice or two, so have to only have it occasionally! I got fed up last night and tried to get to sleep on my right side, but no, still painful. I did sleep until 4.30am though, so that was an improvement.

How's it going with you? Are you still well on plan? It's just a matter of getting into the stride of things, making it become a habit (which is reckoned to take three weeks). When I started I allowed myself no deviations for the first four months, just to get it established. After that I felt comfortable having the odd day off, confident of being able to get back on it the day after. Have you decided how you're going to deal with food at Christmas?! :) xx

Hi hun.
I dont think ive had Soreen before so I will have to give it a try. I'm like that with cheese with is so bad. I cant just have one slice of cheese. So I try to have it only every now and then.
Glad you slept a little bit better. Hopefully the pain will start to ease off soon and sleeping will be easier.
Its going good thanks...yes still on plan. Am out tonight so hoping I can still stick to eating healthy. Im going to have a home-cooked dinner at lunchtime so that later I will just have some garlic bread instead of a fatty big meal.
Yes its definitely about making it a habbit. I feel like its getting there. I feel so much more motivated now.
With christmas im just going to enjoy it but be moderate. Im not going to stick completely to my diet for Christmas day and boxing day...but just make sure im good in the lead up to it. And carry on exercising too. How do you cope with food at Christmas?
Hope you are having a lovely weekend.xx

Hi Laura! I'm having problems with my internet at the moment, so if I seem to go quiet it's nothing sinister, lol. Only on now because we're out! Sky are supposed to be sending us a new Sky Hub, so should be back to normal in a few days. It's killing my teenager to be without it. :D

At Christmas I usually have a few days completely off plan, then just get straight back on it around the 27th-28th, and that's worked the last few years! Last year someone on here set up a challenge not to put weight on in December, and I joined that and achieved it - it really helped keep me focused. :) xx

Hi Laura! I'm having problems with my internet at the moment, so if I seem to go quiet it's nothing sinister, lol. Only on now because we're out! Sky are supposed to be sending us a new Sky Hub, so should be back to normal in a few days. It's killing my teenager to be without it. :D

At Christmas I usually have a few days completely off plan, then just get straight back on it around the 27th-28th, and that's worked the last few years! Last year someone on here set up a challenge not to put weight on in December, and I joined that and achieved it - it really helped keep me focused. :) xx

Hope you can get your internet sorted out soon!
That sounds like a good plan for Christmas. I think I will allow myself a couple of days off plan as long as I make sure I'm good leading up to it. Yeah that sounds like a good challenge to keep everyone motivated.
Hope you're having a nice weekend. xx

Hi Laura! I've got very intermittent mobile internet, lol. The signal at our house is rubbish for some reason, always has been, even though we live in an urban area.

I'm not feeling too bad at the moment, and the weight is still nudging downwards, lol. If I can lose another 10 pounds I'll be very happy, as that would take me to a loss of 10 stone and into the normal BMI category.

I hope you're still doing well- Christmas isn't too far off now, so we can keep motivated by looking forward to those few naughty days!! :) xx

Well, I made it to my 9.5 stone loss today, weighing in at 12 stone on the nose. So I've got half a stone to get to target.

Downwards into the 11s, lol. :) xx

Well, I made it to my 9.5 stone loss today, weighing in at 12 stone on the nose. So I've got half a stone to get to target. Downwards into the 11s, lol. :) xx
Well done Hun x x

Back