Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Ok do you a deal I'll give you a bit of my excess, only 6lbs, then we can both be 9 something. Do I have your blessing

Heehee, sounds like a plan - I was down to 9st 0.1lbs yesterday, so it's a good job Christmas is on the horizon because Kathryn will kill me if she finds out! Have you got a lot of social events to contend with? I've just got a departmental meal on the 11th, so not too bad! :) xx

Well, just to quickly update, my weight has gone down a bit since Minis closed, last weekend I weighed in at 9st 1.6lbs, so a bit on the low side - I fully intend to correct that at Christmas! If you'd told me when I joined here in 2011 that I'd ever be in the position of needing to put weight ON, I'd have asked for some of what you were drinking, lol. It's very strange, because I still feel fat, and I'm not sure that'll ever go away. :) xx
Congratulations Tracy on your fantastic success on reaching nearly 9 stone.

I find it interesting you still feel fat and was wondering do you see yourself as slim now when you look in the mirror or see yourself in photos as I had trouble with that the time I lost almost eight stone. When I look at those photos now I can't believe I thought like that at the time.

Congratulations Tracy on your fantastic success on reaching nearly 9 stone.

I find it interesting you still feel fat and was wondering do you see yourself as slim now when you look in the mirror or see yourself in photos as I had trouble with that the time I lost almost eight stone. When I look at those photos now I can't believe I thought like that at the time.

Thanks so much, Mini - I really do owe a lot to Minimins and the people I met on here, and I'm so happy to have you back! :)

It's an interesting thing, this still feeling fat; I'm sure a lot of people must experience it, like you say you did. I can see it when I look in a full length mirror (I don't have one at home, sadly!), and I sometimes can in photos. But very often I don't feel it. I'm sure some of it is to do with the fact that, although I've been very lucky on the loose skin front, when I'm sitting down especially I do feel like I've got a real jelly belly! I'm hoping it will improve with time (not the belly, the feeling, lol) :) xx

Thanks Tracy:)

I never maintained my weight off long enough to know if the feeling goes away and I can also see now that I became hyper critical of myself which is a bit confusing:confused:...which probably set me up for self-sabotage.

You are very lucky with the loose skin as this bothers a lot of people who have a lot of weight to lose and even though I have been lucky before I do worry about it and wonder will I get away with it again as I am sure there must be a point when the skin is not so forgiving.

Thanks Tracy:)

I never maintained my weight off long enough to know if the feeling goes away and I can also see now that I became hyper critical of myself which is a bit confusing:confused:...which probably set me up for self-sabotage.

You are very lucky with the loose skin as this bothers a lot of people who have a lot of weight to lose and even though I have been lucky before I do worry about it and wonder will I get away with it again as I am sure there must be a point when the skin is not so forgiving.

I've gained, lost and regained weight so many times over thirty odd years I've lost count, lol. So for what it's worth, my skin isn't too bad after all that - yes it's rather wrinkly and wobbly, but I'm 53 and can live with that! :) xx

ohh my beautiful friend you have done brilliant and its lovely to be back with you and im so proud of you x x x x

ohh my beautiful friend you have done brilliant and its lovely to be back with you and so proud of you x x x x

Aww, thank you Chezz, that's so lovely of you to say! It's really great to be back on here, it feels like home. How are you doing, hon? :) xx

I imagine it's hard to see the scales go up after so much effort into making them go down. But keep eating those advent calender choccies!

It is hard, lol, but I know I need to do it. I promised Kathryn I wouldn't go below 9st 7lbs, so I need to get back to that over Christmas and have a stern word with myself to stay there! :) xx

MAybe we'll meet in the middle T.

I reckon I'm 10, want to get to interim goal of 9st 7. You want to get there too!

We can be weight buddies.

I said this to the other Tracy the other day, you girls have lost an insane amount of weight and I've only lost three and couldn't even maintain that! Gained a stone and spent all year trying to get it off again. Sigh. You guys are amazing

MAybe we'll meet in the middle T.

I reckon I'm 10, want to get to interim goal of 9st 7. You want to get there too!

We can be weight buddies.

I said this to the other Tracy the other day, you girls have lost an insane amount of weight and I've only lost three and couldn't even maintain that! Gained a stone and spent all year trying to get it off again. Sigh. You guys are amazing

Thanks thanks so much, Cat! But you're really amazing, I'm in constant awe of how you manage to juggle such a demanding job, an amazing social life, and all the exercise you do - I'm often telling my athlete hubby about the times you've run in the various races you've done, and he's always impressed. And you look fantastic too! But I know how it feels to not be happy about your weight, even when other people are constantly telling you you're slim enough, so let's work on meeting at that 9st 7lbs, then I can stop and you can carry on down to your dream weight - I know 2016 will be the year you get there! :) xx

I hope so Tracy. I think I've finally come to terms with the fact I have an eating disorder. And I'm making much more sensible choices now. It's such a slow painful process. I know I'll get there. I've never failed at anything I've really wanted. I will make this happen :oops:

you will do it cat im taking that line of you to i want to lose this weight more than anything this time its just not letting me lead my life like i use to the happy chezz keeps leaving the room and you girls on here have sown me no mateer how much i need to lose i can do it x x x

Weighed in at 9st 0.1lbs again this morning, so back down to what I was 2 weeks ago. I'm happy with the that, given that I had my work Christmas lunch on Friday - after agonising over the menu options for ages, I went for a fairly virtuous but delicious chicken and mushroom risotto, with salad instead of garlic bread, and also had a slice of pizza that we were sharing. Yummy! I then dithered so much about whether to have a pudding that I ended up not having one, lol. :) xx

Back