Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

I went to my great-nephew's christening yesterday, and Kathryn took a couple of pictures of me, so I thought I'd pop them on here as an update:

image.png
image.png

Even with my ridiculous body dysmorphia I can see a change from my starting point:

image.png

My weight on Saturday was actually 8st 10.4lbs, which Paul bollocked me for, but after a blow out yesterday it was a more respectable 9st 1.4lbs this morning, lol. :) xx

Great that you are managing to maintain your weight Tracy.. I'm "maintaining" but it's not at the weight I want to be.. I just keep going up and down with the same 5lbs or so and hopefully I'll get past that eventually. :confused:

I had my gallbladder out and I can say that it was truly the best thing after a lot of feeling very sick all the time and pains in my side. It does make a whole heap of difference, doesn't it?

Fantastic pictures.. you certainly look great!

Great that you are managing to maintain your weight Tracy.. I'm "maintaining" but it's not at the weight I want to be.. I just keep going up and down with the same 5lbs or so and hopefully I'll get past that eventually. :confused:

I had my gallbladder out and I can say that it was truly the best thing after a lot of feeling very sick all the time and pains in my side. It does make a whole heap of difference, doesn't it?

Fantastic pictures.. you certainly look great!

Thanks, Emmaline! Yes, the gallbladder removal seemed to fix problems I didn't even realise it was causing - that seems to be a fairly common thing people say! :) xx

You look stunning!! Those legs looking fabulous!!

You give me inspiration to keep trying..

And please give yourself a hug as you should know that your looking fabulous and I think your brain needs to catch up and get on board! Let's see the next pictures in a slinky dress .. It is summer (hopefully soon) after all ;)

Thanks so much, everyone. Tara, you're so right, my brain really does need to catch up, because I STILL feel big, and I really need to stop it! Kathryn bought me a big bag of chocolates the other day - I reckon she's determined to fatten me up, lol. :) xx

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the chocolates!

One day I hope that your brain does catch up. It must be a year now since you hit goal (if not more!)?

I hope you thoroughly enjoyed the chocolates!

One day I hope that your brain does catch up. It must be a year now since you hit goal (if not more!)?

More like two, lol. I have felt so huge this week - I know it's ridiculous, intellectually, but I really do think I'm still big. I weighed 8st 11.7lbs today, and am off work, so I've eaten the chocolates Kathryn got me - yummy! Been to the hospital and agreed that I'm going to have a kneecap replacement to try to get some relief from the increasing pain I'm getting - fingers crossed! :) xx

I hope the kneecap replacement will help.. Is it a big operation?

I hope the kneecap replacement will help.. Is it a big operation?

Thanks , Tara. It's pretty big, I think- he says the recovery time is almost as much as the full replacement. They go in through the existing scar, lop the bottom bit of the kneecap off and replace it with a prosthetic. Gulp. :) xx

Sounds an interesting solution.. I'm assuming it is to combat the pain you still have from the knee replacement? Or is it the other knee? If it will help you be more mobile and in less pain, that's a good thing?! :)

Going through recovery AGAIN is horrendous but hopefully it will be all worth it!

Sounds an interesting solution.. I'm assuming it is to combat the pain you still have from the knee replacement? Or is it the other knee? If it will help you be more mobile and in less pain, that's a good thing?! :)

Going through recovery AGAIN is horrendous but hopefully it will be all worth it!

Yes, it's the same knee that I had replaced, it's just that they didn't replace the kneecap (not sure why, to be honest), so hopefully it will help get rid of some of the pain. Then I'll need my other knee replacing after that. :) xx

Gosh I would have thought they would have replaced the knee cap at the same time too! So it's the knee cap that's been causing you so much pain. Hope the operation does the trick. Have they given you a time frame, for when it will happen?

Perhaps when they do the other knee they will replace the knee cap at the same time .. Can only hope :)

Gosh I would have thought they would have replaced the knee cap at the same time too! So it's the knee cap that's been causing you so much pain. Hope the operation does the trick. Have they given you a time frame, for when it will happen?

Perhaps when they do the other knee they will replace the knee cap at the same time .. Can only hope :)

I have no idea why the kneecap wasn't replaced, it's a mystery to me! But the new consultant has said that when they do the left one they'll do the kneecap at the same time. He told it would hopefully be around Aug/Sep time for the kneecap op.

How are you doing, Tara? :) xx

Back