Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Stackhead said:
Loving the selfie and we're almost glasses twins :)

Haha, they're my really expensive reading glasses - 5 pairs for £12 on Amazon, including one tinted pair, so I can keep them all over the place. The joys of middle aged vision deterioration!! :D xx

Haha, they're my really expensive reading glasses - 5 pairs for £12 on Amazon, including one tinted pair, so I can keep them all over the place. The joys of middle aged vision deterioration!! :D xx

Haha!! I have to get my lenses thinned unfortunately, -6.25 in both eyes, un thinned my lenses are 1cm thick! So cheap glasses are a fantasy for me :-(

Stackhead said:
Haha!! I have to get my lenses thinned unfortunately, -6.25 in both eyes, un thinned my lenses are 1cm thick! So cheap glasses are a fantasy for me :-(

I'm with you on that one! My myopia prescription is -7 in my left eye and -9.5 in my right, so my glasses that I never wear are like bottle tops, lol. I wear contact lenses 24/7, but now I'm so old have to also wear +1.5 specs to read! I have my Dad's eyesight!! :D xx

Owch, sorry to hear things are still painful x hope things start to improve soon xx

I'm with you on that one! My myopia prescription is -7 in my left eye and -9.5 in my right, so my glasses that I never wear are like bottle tops, lol. I wear contact lenses 24/7, but now I'm so old have to also wear +1.5 specs to read! I have my Dad's eyesight!! :D xx

Not looking forward to having to wear reading glasses on top of my contacts!

Aww lovely :( when are you back at the doctors? Hope he'll be able to help :(

Looking very clever with your new glasses mrs ;) x

Stackhead said:
Not looking forward to having to wear reading glasses on top of my contacts!

Lol, when I was younger I could never get my head round the fact that my Dad had to wear contact lenses AND glasses - now I totally get it, and it's a right pain in the posterior!! :D xx

Aquasharine said:
Owch, sorry to hear things are still painful x hope things start to improve soon xx

Hiya Sharon!! Long time no see! :)

I think it is getting better now - I can sit for longer periods with my knee bent, and the pain is more manageable. I don't know if I'll ever think it's been worth it, but I still have hope! :) xx

PrincessSparklePants said:
Aww lovely :( when are you back at the doctors? Hope he'll be able to help :(

Looking very clever with your new glasses mrs ;) x

Haha, thanks Kym! As I just mentioned above, I do think I may have turned a corner now - fingers and everything else crossed!! :) xx

Hiya Sharon!! Long time no see! :) I think it is getting better now - I can sit for longer periods with my knee bent, and the pain is more manageable. I don't know if I'll ever think it's been worth it, but I still have hope! :) xx

Thing is Tracy your old knee had had it x it will get better, takes time x Make sure you do the exercises, it hurts but bit by bit it will improve x My sister had a lot of pain on her first but got better and went on to gave the second one done. Hang in there and keep the hope alive. X Yup I fell iff the radar for a while, but did peek at diaries still. :). Annoyed that I've gained some but beating myself up won't help, just got to polish up my halo and get back on it :)

Aquasharine said:
Thing is Tracy your old knee had had it x it will get better, takes time x Make sure you do the exercises, it hurts but bit by bit it will improve x My sister had a lot of pain on her first but got better and went on to gave the second one done. Hang in there and keep the hope alive. X Yup I fell iff the radar for a while, but did peek at diaries still. :). Annoyed that I've gained some but beating myself up won't help, just got to polish up my halo and get back on it :)
Thanks, Sharon. :) I have been doing the exercises religiously, at the maximum level the physio recommended, and they are definitely getting less painful - they don't make me cry any more, lol. :D xx

Last edited:
Well my body seems to have decided that 10st 2lbs is what it's sticking at, lol. I can live with that. :)

That must mean that 1,400 calories a day is my maintenance level, with a little bit more one day at the weekend. Just need to keep at that level forever now! :D xx

Well my body seems to have decided that 10st 2lbs is what it's sticking at, lol. I can live with that. :) That must mean that 1,400 calories a day is my maintenance level, with a little bit more one day at the weekend. Just need to keep at that level forever now! :D xx

Sounds a good weight to me coz you are a tall one :p x

Thanks! :) Yes, it puts me half way through the healthy BMI band, so I'd have to put on about 1.5 stone before I became overweight again, which is comfortable. :) xx

That's alright isn't it! You are so fabulous Tracy! Xx

Ooh. I'm glad you've found your comfortable zone and it's nicely within the healthy BMI zone (a few lbs to play with if necessary) - so you can finally tell Kathryn you're officially done with losing :D

Do you calorie count on your higher day? Just curious what your weekly average works out at (ready for when I get to declare maintenance).

Back