Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Ooh. I'm glad you've found your comfortable zone and it's nicely within the healthy BMI zone (a few lbs to play with if necessary) - so you can finally tell Kathryn you're officially done with losing :D Do you calorie count on your higher day? Just curious what your weekly average works out at (ready for when I get to declare maintenance).
Thanks, hon! :) Yes, I do count on my higher day, or the weight shoots up! I try to have no more than 1,800. Basically that gives me a nice choccy treat - yesterday I had the bag of mini chocolate orange segments from my Christmas stocking, 720 cals very yummy!! :D xx

Hiya! I'm not bad thanks! The knee still hurts a lot, but I'm starting a phased return to work on Monday, so wish me luck!! I just got behind the wheel of my car for the first time in three months and drove up and down the street, lol. :) xx

Hiya! I'm not bad thanks! The knee still hurts a lot, but I'm starting a phased return to work on Monday, so wish me luck!! I just got behind the wheel of my car for the first time in three months and drove up and down the street, lol. :) xx

Wow back to work already and driving it seems so soon!! Well done you I would just be probs laying at home for another few months lol x

Well done getting back in the car, and on the return to work front :) xx

Thanks girls! I'm anxious about going back, but I know it'll soon seem like I was never away! I just need to build up my ability to sit with my leg bent, as that's the big problem - it gets really painful still. :) xx

Have you some arnica cream/ anti flam cream to rub into it? Might help?

I'll have a look into that, Tara, I've never tried it. I can't use anything like ibuprofen gel as I take the tablets, but I'll check out the alternatives. Thanks! :) xx

Did they give you like a little rubber ring , that wraps round your knee, it is filled with water and you chill it, my mum found that helped her bend her knee when sitting ? x

Did they give you like a little rubber ring , that wraps round your knee, it is filled with water and you chill it, my mum found that helped her bend her knee when sitting ? x

No, I didn't get one of those. :( I remember Lexie sending a picture of the one Kat was sent home with - they obviously don't do them here! :) xx

No, I didn't get one of those. :( I remember Lexie sending a picture of the one Kat was sent home with - they obviously don't do them here! :) xx

Bless you sounds like you haven't had the best of recoveries. Kat has just been round & she's more mobile than she ever has been while I've known her. Just shows how different it can be for people doesn't it. I am sure all will be fine back at work xx

Bless you sounds like you haven't had the best of recoveries. Kat has just been round & she's more mobile than she ever has been while I've known her. Just shows how different it can be for people doesn't it. I am sure all will be fine back at work xx

I'm glad Kat's had a better time of it. :) People's experiences seem to vary so much. I'm still a long way off being as mobile as I was before the op, and am certainly in a lot more pain - very frustrating! :) xx

I'm glad Kat's had a better time of it. :) People's experiences seem to vary so much. I'm still a long way off being as mobile as I was before the op, and am certainly in a lot more pain - very frustrating! :) xx

I wonder if you could get the rubber ring things on eBay or something, with my mums first knee I know it was a massive help, it's rubbish that it isn't consistent what people get to aid recovery x

I wonder if you could get the rubber ring things on eBay or something, with my mums first knee I know it was a massive help, it's rubbish that it isn't consistent what people get to aid recovery x

I did have a look online a while back but didn't buy one. Paul got me a couple of gel packs that go in the freezer, so I was using those wrapped in tea towels for quite a while. I must confess I've been a bit lax in using them lately! :) xx

I did have a look online a while back but didn't buy one. Paul got me a couple of gel packs that go in the freezer, so I was using those wrapped in tea towels for quite a while. I must confess I've been a bit lax in using them lately! :) xx

Naughty ;) xx

Ooh going back to work. Hopefully that'll help distract you somewhat from the knee. Plus I'm betting you've probably had your fill of daytime TV! :)

I'm not bad thanks, Lexie! :) I've survived two mornings back at work!! My leg has been very painful afterwards, but I'm hoping it'll gradually ease. I had a workstation assessment yesterday, and they're going to try to get me some sort of leg rest, so I can periodically have my leg straight and supported, as well as a lumbar support. I had some lovely flowers on my first day back, which was a nice surprise. People seemed impressed that I'd kept my weight down after three months as a couch potato, lol. :D

Are you ok, hon? :) xx

Back