Tracy's Journey Into The Unknown (Maintenance!!)

Oh sorry honey, didn't realise you have that. You must think I'm really insensitive xx

Nah, don't be daft, of course I don't! :) I've had it for 26 years now, so it's just part of me, but it does mean I have to be careful about my activity levels, otherwise I can relapse and not be able to function properly at work. :) xx

Must be really hard. Glad you don't hate me :)

Maintaing is alot harder than losing weight in my case.your doing brillaintly tracy.

Thanks, Rani! It definitely is hard, because there's no end to it, you've just got to maintain the status quo for the rest of your life - it's much easier when you're moving towards something. :) xx

How's back to work going Tracy? Xx

It's going ok thanks, Lexie! I've finished my phased return today, so back to full time from Monday , although I've booked leave on Wednesday to break the week up! I'm managing to get comfortable at my desk now, using the leg rest they got me, so I'm hopeful I can get through full days (been doing five hours a day for the last two weeks). :) xx

Eeek ant believe you are back at work full time nearly that went quick didn't it!! How are you feeling in yourself? Xx

Eeek ant believe you are back at work full time nearly that went quick didn't it!! How are you feeling in yourself? Xx

I'm not bad thanks, hon. I'm certainly in a better place mentally now I'm back at work. Physically, there's still a lot of pain in both my knees, but I can manage it with painkillers and making sure I sit comfortably at my desk. Doing full days next week will be the real test! :) xx

I'm not bad thanks, hon. I'm certainly in a better place mentally now I'm back at work. Physically, there's still a lot of pain in both my knees, but I can manage it with painkillers and making sure I sit comfortably at my desk. Doing full days next week will be the real test! :) xx

Aww I can't believe the pain is still bad, is that normal? Xx

I was just wondering the same if that much pain is normal but I suppose everyone is different & no two knees are the same xx

Aww I can't believe the pain is still bad, is that normal? Xx

Yes, it takes up to a year for everything to heal properly, but the severity and rate of recovery varies a lot from person to person, from what I've read. It's definitely improving, and it feels quite stable, just really painful still. :) xx

Back